DW Frost vs 2H Frost vs UH

Hey guys, as the name suggests, I was wondering how "smooth" the gameplay feels between UH, DW and 2H frost. By smoothness I mean time spent waiting for runes/RP and how many buttons are being pushed kinda deal. I've experienced in my short time playing 2H frost that I spend a lot of time waiting and it feels kinda clunky. Any insight would be great and it might even be as simple as "you don't have enough haste". I am new to the DK class and am trying to figure out what works well for me, thanks in advance.

Armory: Masanori Korgath-US

2H has waiting. More haste = less waiting. DW is more fluid and at the 470-485 gear levels does at least as well as 2H.
    Unholy I haven't really messed with in MoP. But if you like PvP I hear it's the way to go.

If you want to hit a button every second, DW frost has the least time spent waiting for resources (and is also the top DPS spec right now, technically). You won't get there until you gear up, of course. In blues you will spend tons of time waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love DW over all any day of the week. I have liked DW more in the past though because of how much we used to use OB. Without using it that much now its just not as fun for me

When you look at Sims of BiS setups for DW Frost and 2H Frost the actual dps difference is very minor, in practice any fight that involves a cleave will be won by DW Frost, but if you arent going for Server first, I find the difference between the 2 truly negligible. If You pulling 1k more dps makes or breaks the fight, you need to figure out which dps are slacking well below their potential. Also I find most people don't understand how to maximize dps using Blood Tap with DW, and using it incorrectly will actually put you behind 2H frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you want to hit a button every second, DW frost has the least time spent waiting for resources (and is also the top DPS spec right now, technically). You won't get there until you gear up, of course. In blues you will spend tons of time waiting.
    Technically 2H is ahead.

Simcraft only uses Plague Leech once per minute as 2H and using it with a rime proc halfway is about a 500 DPS increase.
    DW is ahead by about 400 DPS on the most recent sims, which means 2H is actually 100 DPS ahead.

Also BiS bracers have mastery, which is better for DW.
    2H BiS weapon doesn't have haste, DW BiS weapons have mastery

etc

If you think the simcraft profile is wrong, please do submit a ticket so they fix it.

At any rate, they are very, very close on single targets. It's just a pity you need to use masterfrost priority to get there.

Why do people abbreviate Unholy when it's only one more letter than Frost?
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Why do people abbreviate Unholy when it's only one more letter than Frost?
    1 Syllable VS 3