View Poll Results: What do you think of this idea?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would definitely rejoin for this, I enjoy creativity.

10 13.33%
  • I might be skeptical of this at first, it might take some time.

7 9.33%
  • It would take alot of changes to make this work.

13 17.33%
  • Nah, I don't see it helping at all.

12 16.00%
  • This is an awful idea.

33 44.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think as a mini-game it would be fun to introduce some sort of small-duration RTS within WoW, using your characters interacting with prominent lore characters etc. Like, say, you have a mission to strike an Orc outpost in Ashenvale, Shandris Feathermoon is under your control, along with your toon, and additional Sentinels. It'd be a stretch though, people would end up complaining about it too. Puzzles and other thinking games as mini-games could also be very interesting. Especially with all the Ancient races in game, having some class or even racial based questline following a combination of scenarios, instances, puzzles, and normal questing could be very engaging.

While I have my doubts regarding this idea, player-created content is an extremely unexplored area in WoW and should be focused on more. It only really exists as a major factor in the form of world PvP and on some role-playing realms. Luckily it seems that the game is trying to take steps, albeit very small ones, towards the sandbox model.

Solution to lack of content? Quit being lazy, or hire better personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    WHOOSH

tencharz
    swish!

/morethanninechar

It was done for City of Heroes/Villains, there was some good stuff, but it was very few and far between, with so much crap and broken stuff - massively.joystiq.com/2009/04/18/city-of-heroes-player-created-content-surpasses-devs-in-24-hour/

I honestly think if something like this happened in WoW, I believe the content created would need to tested in house and checked before being released to play publicly.