DW Resource Capping Suggestions/Help?

Hey guys,

Just had some questions that came up working with DW Frost that I assume are related to my higher gear lvl and new amounts of haste. I'm noticing that I am having a hard time during LUST and in general with sometimes capping of resources or finding a good spot for ERW quickly during the fight.

This is somewhat of a good thing in that I almost never have deadzones but can be frustrating when your capping, because you know your losing DPS. ABCS, always be doing something but don't be wasting resources either..

With that said, is this something you run into with DW and Haste since your only getting rid of 1 rune and you have periods of high regen? Should I just use extra OBLs during these times to get rid of runes and get ERW off quick enough and or get to a more manageable rune regen as to avoid capping?

Any advice is appreciated. Below is my chara name and if you Epeen Bot me all my recent logs, I've been doing pretty well, but would like to start ranking more and seeing what I can do to perfect DW more. Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Proklus/simple

Deleted
    I'm sitting in 507 gear and I generally find it best to pop ERW when I'm feeling particulary starved/ huge AoE section/ or lining it up with my PoF + trinkets. I would generally never pop ERW during bloodlust.

Also I don't generally ever get resource capped, even on Sha with the 15% haste buff; I don't feel like im doing anything special to avoid it either.
    Last edited by mmoc3d907a70fd; 2013-01-03 at 07:46 PM.

It's hard to give advice on rotations because we can't see what you're doing, and if you're playing as well as you say you are :P

It seems like when I tunnel DPS, I don't have much flooding time, personally. The only times I get overwhelmed is when I can AMS soak stuff.
    Last edited by fangless; 2013-01-03 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    It's hard to give advice on rotations because we can't see what you're doing, and if you're playing as well as you say you are :P

It seems like when I tunnel DPS, I don't have much flooding time, personally. The only times I get overwhelmed is when I can AMS soak stuff.
    Well, I have no ego issues, I mean if you go to Epeen bot I have a few Purple Perentile performances, but a few high blues as well. I'd say I do better than average and I'm in the top 5 in my pretty competitive 25 man. 4/6 Heroic MSV 1 Heroic in HoF. But in any case, I can always improve...I want to rank and get number 1 more often xD.

That being said I wanted to use ERW early so I might get a chance to use it again, but in general without worring about using it I'm fine I can almost go the whole fight never hitting a dead zone or capping its more or less sometimes capping in Lust and after using it. If I want to use it early or twice or say periods of high haste do you just throw in an extra OBL, so as to never cap?

Also say the end of a fight would do you pick to finish up on if your got Runic Power or Runes, but can't use them all, I'm assuming SR and FS? and OBL thru the extras?

When you're overcapping on resources, the first thing to start ignoring is BT stacks. Even losing BT charges because of resource overflow, you can still bank 2 1/2 runes which you can't with other talents. Losing a FS is more detrimental than losing a rune in single target situations.

As for ERW - It depends on the fight. If its a short fight (6 mins - 7 mins) and there isn't any really good time to use it, you just want to use it in the first minute - min 1/2 and then at the end. If its a longer fight or there's a really good spot to use it, you obviously want to pick your spots better.