Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol, mages destroy anything and everything.
    DOn't complain about casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    Exactly. Can the OP be anymore biased? Lmao.

Mages are getting a big nerf with their blanket removed. Here's to hoping silencing shot gets the same treatment.
    blanket cs doesn't stop 100k FFB / 60k spam ice lance / 2 snares / pom ring / deep freeze still being good

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    In this topic, we have:

People who think Mages are OP, because they talk about duels.

People who think Mages are mostly okay, because they are talking about 3s.

Only one group is right.

Some of us think mages are fine in all walks of life. They are very strong almost every patch. Thats why they are looking for ways to nerf them. I miss the days when it was all about actually casting spells rather then skillancespam.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    If you're going to post a picture, and try to be funny about it, at least have it be up to date and not a patch behind.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    If you're going to post a picture, and try to be funny about it, at least have it be up to date and not a patch behind.
    Just because gag order is gone doesn't mean the other 4145435 interrupts are.

Deep Freeze change already not implemented yet on PTR

It's not like Mages are ever going to seriously be nerfed anyway, so I wouldn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    Yeah mages are Gods of arena in MoP

JK Warriors
    JK Ferals
    JK Spriests
    JK any melee cleave
    bad mages will be bad, mads will be glads.
    Last edited by Hb; 2013-01-04 at 08:18 PM.

Deleted
    They nerfed the on-demand burst on Frost bomb, which was the most broken thing about mages.

A buff to a casted spell, that they rarely cast aint gonna make them overpowered!
    I think it's fine, and I'm glad to see, that they didn't buff Icelance or FFB.

Warriors only have 2 other interrupts now. The others are CC/spell reflects.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

I was referring to other classes as well, I'm not talking 1v1s.

I was referring to other classes as well, I'm not talking 1v1s.
    So you are saying that because other classes can interupt that a mage never gets to cast in arena? Most mages cast maybe 3 or 6 frost bolts in a given game, they cast far more frost bombs and sheeps. Mages are not the only class that gets interupted, the thing is that you don't even have to cast to be effective and no I don't mean just run out into the arena and spam icelance till everyone is dead, but yea thats kinda what I mean.

Deepfreeze is fine the way it is, with a lot of these recent changes mages will be easier to take down, they will still be on the top if not the top go to control/burst dps.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:36 PM ----------

I normally don't take mass SR. Its just not as good as SG.

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    if started playing a pvp frost mage the last 2 weeks.

i don't get where ppl get the gods of pvp from...

warlocks can teleport twice as demo. can instant fear you and have good burst.
    warriors have second wind and are also able to burst me down.

all frost mages have is beeing able to do 1 bigg burst every 30 seconds. + root mellee with our pet and frost nova.
    we got some tricks to survive but i don't see where ppl get this pvp god theme from.

am i just so bad? or is it my dreadfull gear that makes me so weak? seeing i can't really steamroll a warlock down. yet ya don't hear shit from them on the forums!

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 09:21 PM ----------

on my mage it's 3x 5% aka 15% total dmg+.

could be a tooltip issue tho
    You might be new to the game, but the R1 Gladiator statstics for the last few seasons show that Mages have clearly been in an extremly good position. You should watch Raikú, Xandyn, Vanruki, jahmilli, Ziqo and other good Mages and you'll understand why people are tierd of them sometimes. However Ferals/Hunters are an issue for you coz they kinda counter you. I mean shifting roots, so freaking OP.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2013-01-04 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    People flame mages because there are like 3 players world wide that can get this off consistently:

On a serious note, mages are completely fine. Deep freeze nerf was stupid, and the nerf to frost bomb made perfect sense, and so does the buff to frostbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552

the deep freeze change announced in the patch preview isn't on here. plus frostbolt damage is getting buffed by 25%.

looks like mages will still be gods of the arena
    Frostbolt being buffed? Man, how many times have you been hit by Frostbolts in PvP? That was a PvE change because Pet Freeze no longer gives FoF charges if it doesn't freeze something (a HUGE nerf in total)

The Deep Freeze change would have made Frost useless in PvP because we can only really hurt people during it, and it's not like your healer can't just dispel it anyways.

"Gods of the arena"? Cry more.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    On a serious note, mages are completely fine. Deep freeze nerf was stupid, and the nerf to frost bomb made perfect sense, and so does the buff to frostbolt.
    Exactly, though the buff to Frostbolt was purely to compensate PvE Frost for losing Freeze (and remove a bit of the ramp-up). It's still an overall nerf, especially in times of Burst (P2 Elegon for example, Mages are now crap. Granted, MSV isn't a next tier raid )

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 05:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    blanket cs doesn't stop 100k FFB / 60k spam ice lance / 2 snares / pom ring / deep freeze still being good
    Healer Dispel? Trinket? Class ability? CC the Mage during DF?

FFS how bad are you? ONE dispel ruins us completely.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account

funny pic,know whats even funnier?every and i repeat every single warrior "talent/icon" in your little pic has been nerfed or removed lol.now thats funny right?shock wave-nerfed,herioc throw = gone,spell refect =nerfed,fear = nerfed, pummel =nerfed and no more silence to boot!blizz does not want warriors reflecting those 60k ice lances back at mages.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-01-04 at 10:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP, the Deep Freeze change was never in the official patch notes to begin with. (as far as I know)
    That change was only listed in the datamined spell changes when 5.2 was suddenly available for download.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

It's even missing skills from the Mage which would need to be used against a Warrior... so GG in that respect.

Also, mass spell reflect? That Warrior would lose because he wouldn't even be able to stay on the Mage. And there's such a thing as looking for reflects or even juking for them. You know, you can also juke pummel, and you're able to kite... maybe you should try to do those things sometime, instead of posting idiotic images which really contribute nothing.

-----------
    @OP: It's still PTR. The beginning of PTR. I'd wait a while longer before worrying about something going live or not, wait at least a couple more patch notes and then some.
    Last edited by Syh; 2013-01-05 at 01:25 AM.

It's a dps loss and a waste of time to even bother attempting to cast with the billion interrupts in the game right now.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    Also, mass spell reflect? That Warrior would lose because he wouldn't even be able to stay on the Mage. And there's such a thing as looking for reflects or even juking for them. You know, you can also juke pummel, and you're able to kite... maybe you should try to do those things sometime, instead of posting idiotic images which really contribute nothing.
    What's the point when he can just cycle pummel, reflect, shockwave, aoe reflect and shout to stop you ever casting? Don't ask people to juke when you can stop them for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    It's a dps loss and a waste of time to even bother attempting to cast with the billion interrupts in the game right now.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 01:25 AM ----------

What's the point when he can just cycle pummel, reflect, shockwave, aoe reflect and shout to stop you ever casting? Don't ask people to juke when you can stop them for eternity.
    I still can't process the fact that a mage is complaining about warriors. Even at the absolute high point of Warriors in start of MoP both frost and fire mages stood a more then fair chance to beat a warrior. True they stoped being a hard counter, but good mages could still beat warriors fair and square.

Alas. You do realise that to be affected both by Shout and Shockwave you need to be relativly close to the warrior? You do realise for Shockwave he needs to be facing you? You know for Pummle they need to be in melee range and he needs to interupt a cast right? You know if he talents mass spell reflect he loses roots? Which means he has no real way to keep you in range long enough to do shit? Or he loses Piercing howl, which means many classes can simply outrun him at the edge of melee range? You know the cooldown on Fear was like 1 minute pre nerf and is like 90 seconds now right? You know Spell reflect had like a 10 second cooldown in Wotlk and mages still hard countered warriors?

The one thing the finally really gave us a chance against mages is the Double Charge. It gave warriors more fighting chance against mages then all the other abilites combined thanks to the lowered cooldown on glyphed Leap.