Thread: Nerf arcane?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Nerf arcane?

So fire was op as and got nerfed, now you look at epeen and worldoflogs (i.e. tsulong and lei shi logs) and u see arcane mages topping (some) charts. Do arcane mages need to a nerf now too?

10+ Year Old Account
    6 stack camping needs to be killed, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Topping some charts doesn't necessitate nerfing. If something is consistently beating all the other specs across all the encounters, then yes. However, 6-charge camping isn't something they intended and they are going to try to fix it.

They have already started killing the camping with the PTR thats out making scorch weaving not viable so they are doing that, fire is viable with gear and frost is getting a buff, for a pure dps class you would think they wouldnt mind a spec being the best in dps but I guess people are just idiots

Quote Originally Posted by RuckusUncle View Post
    They have already started killing the camping with the PTR thats out making scorch weaving not viable so they are doing that, fire is viable with gear and frost is getting a buff, for a pure dps class you would think they wouldnt mind a spec being the best in dps but I guess people are just idiots
    Just because a class is a pure dps class, they shouldn't be best dps in the raid. It should mean that you're got 3 different specs, played differently and competetive performance in raids.

playing a hybrid should mean that you're able to perform Healing/tanking/dps according to the situation, while being competetive in those situation.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Just because a class is a pure dps class, they shouldn't be best dps in the raid. It should mean that you're got 3 different specs, played differently and competetive performance in raids.

playing a hybrid should mean that you're able to perform Healing/tanking/dps according to the situation, while being competetive in those situation.
    IMO a pure DPS class should always be near the top in a raid. Not the same spec topping every fight, but the pures being near the top in different specs for different fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    IMO a pure DPS class should always be near the top in a raid. Not the same spec topping every fight, but the pures being near the top in different specs for different fights.
    Why? why should pures always perform near top?

Why should someone see other people with same skill and gear lvl always be above them in dmg just because they are "pure"?

You get to do dmg in 3 different specs, with 3 different rotations, play style and whatnot. paladins and priests only got 1 actualy dps spec. Which means once we get tired playing our dps spec, but still want to play the class, we'll just be screwed.

Pures get several options for dps specs.

Now, i know that you're fucked if you want to try and heal/tank but cba to lvl a new character, but we're fucked aswell if we want a new play style.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Agree. I have always believed that the pure DPS classes (Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Rogue) = DPS; hybrids = Utility. Though they should not completely destroy on meteres but stay competitive. I feel gimped as a character because of low DPS where as say a warrior/shaman/priest/monk/etc have the ability to switch to a completely different role.

When I look at Raidbots the top should be Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Rogue (not in this order).

IMO

How much stronger is 6stack camping with scorch comparatively to resetting with ABarrage? Any input on this? I'm kind of late to the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? why should pures always perform near top?

Why should someone see other people with same skill and gear lvl always be above them in dmg just because they are "pure"?

You get to do dmg in 3 different specs, with 3 different rotations, play style and whatnot. paladins and priests only got 1 actualy dps spec. Which means once we get tired playing our dps spec, but still want to play the class, we'll just be screwed.

Pures get several options for dps specs.

Now, i know that you're fucked if you want to try and heal/tank but cba to lvl a new character, but we're fucked aswell if we want a new play style.
    If my class was lacking in DPS in all 3 specs and bringing a raid down i dont have the option to switch to a completely different role. Warrior you can go fury ill tank, type situation.

We would have to A. Re-roll or B. Wait it out and gimp the raid till better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Agree. I have always believed that the pure DPS classes (Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Rogue) = DPS; hybrids = Utility. Though they should not completely destroy on meteres but stay competitive. I feel gimped as a character because of low DPS where as say a warrior/shaman/priest/monk/etc have the ability to switch to a completely different role.

When I look at Raidbots the top should be Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Rogue (not in this order).

IMO
    I agree with this... and blizzard generally does too. Throughout the past few years Pure dps classes have dominated the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    If my class was lacking in DPS in all 3 specs and bringing a raid down i dont have the option to switch to a completely different role. Warrior you can go fury ill tank, type situation.

We would have to A. Re-roll or B. Wait it out and gimp the raid till better gear.
    Then its a design issue in your class, or just the boss that is badly designed. You shouldn't ever feel like you're holding your raid down due to your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowpawp View Post
    How much stronger is 6stack camping with scorch comparatively to resetting with ABarrage? Any input on this? I'm kind of late to the party.
    Not much, 6 stack camping just freed arcane movement a lot. So theoretical dps wouldn't drop much, but the 10% more mana on AB is gonna hit both rotations.. And ofc the decreased mana regen

No mage spec is so lacking in DPS that you'd do better to reroll and start gearing up again from the start, even if druids or any other hybrid class are inching above you, please stop with the hyperbole.

The problem with his statement is more that it does NOT always have to be a mage spec imo, there are 3 other PURE dps classes....

10+ Year Old Account
    and this is why I can never PvE... why... WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT A NERF WHEN A CERTAIN CLASS DOES MORE DAMAGE????? The goal is to kill the boss correct? Then why would you have to put on your elitest pants and demand a nerf when it's better that mages do more damage so that the encounters are over quicker... I just don't understand the logic... If you're going to be an elitest in WoW... then PvP, because PvE is no sign of skill.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    and this is why I can never PvE... why... WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT A NERF WHEN A CERTAIN CLASS DOES MORE DAMAGE????? The goal is to kill the boss correct? Then why would you have to put on your elitest pants and demand a nerf when it's better that mages do more damage so that the encounters are over quicker... I just don't understand the logic... If you're going to be an elitest in WoW... then PvP, because PvE is no sign of skill.
    Because raid leaders would replace people with the FotM.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Because some people have something called "empathy" and want to win because they know what they are doing rather than because their class is vastly more powerful than another.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how mages are no longer "easy" to play good.

I mean.. I'm very glad.

my only concern is that someone at blizzard seriously needs to PLAY a mage right, and maybe they will fix something.. like their calculator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane doesn't need a nerf, 6 charge camping needs a nerf, which it is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16