Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    10 out of 10 absolutely amazing someone give this man a medal
    http://i.imgur.com/HZZf1.jpg

low hanging fruit etc.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Sentence #9 is a wrong conclusion.
    "This means that person A is now approximately eight hours further in the future than person B."
    It only means that one person had a bad sleeping experience. Has nothing to do with time or time travel.
    So all the sentences based on that false conclusion are also false.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

This isn't even close to time travel. It's not even good writing on the basis of time. Your "theory" requires that time be subjective to each individual, though we know that is not the case. While you sleep, the world continues around you. So while you, in some misguided sense of scientific accomplishment, attempt to argue sleep as time travel, real physicists are facepalming hard enough to collectively cause an earthquake.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

I can just call america and tell em im from the future, cus im 9 hours front of em derp.

Gonna sleep now.. and think backward so I can go back in time to UNREAD this post!!!!!!

Yes.. it works that way too.
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    People are taking it too seriusly, it was ment as a joke.. i was bored okey.
    Your OP was just a really badly written bit of terrible posting. There was no comic value in it, and calling it a joke doesn't make it one, sorry. It's just terrrible in any timezone! People still directly calling out your posts points really need to read the thread though.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    how to time travel.

1. get a dalorean (or however you spell it)

2. get a flux capacitor (or soda stream thing)

3. get to 88 mph
    Delorean, getting one to 88 mph is a lot harder than figuring out time travel. It was actually part of the humor of Back to the Future, to achieve 88 mph in a Delorean you had to be going down hill in a Hurricane.

---

To the OP the book is "Slaves of Sleep" by L. Ron Hubbard published in 1939

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    People are taking it too seriusly, it was ment as a joke.. i was bored okey.
    No so not a joke

This is sort of related, but I just remembered and figured I would share. Whenever time seemed to pass really slowly (very boring lecture, sickness, allergies), I would think about someone somewhere in the world sleeping, and the whole time I was suffering would be as an instant to them.

For whatever reason, it always keeps me entertained enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    Time travel does exist yes. Every time you are in movement, you travel in time. However, the amount of time covered is so small, it's as if it isn't there.

10+ Year Old Account
    so when I go to sleep I go into another dimension? have you taken your pills today ? ... all you're saying is proof that Time is relative... it seems to pass faster when you do something enjoyable or in this case when you sleep... however the guy that is awake due to insomnia feels like it's an eternity even though it's the same 8hours...

So you're saying that we're all travelling through time at the speed of time? Dethklok already figured this out.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Dafuq did I just read xD

The human unconscious is a very complex subject, albeit very interesting.

So why was this thread not closed as soon as the first moderator saw it when the OP admitted the entire first post was a joke? Whether or not he truly thought of it as a joke when he first wrote it doesn't matter now so long as he's retracted whatever seriousness this had initially.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    So why was this thread not closed as soon as the first moderator saw it when the OP admitted the entire first post was a joke? Whether or not he truly thought of it as a joke when he first wrote it doesn't matter now so long as he's retracted whatever seriousness this had initially.
    It's a ridicule honeypot. They leave an obvious trap post open to catch all the rage posts in an effort to minimize the spread to other threads.

when i was younger i thought i was keeping the world from moving forward by staying awake. asked my parents about it, they set me straight, maybe the tc should too?

The first post might have been bad, but it's a cool topic. No reason we can't talk about it!

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    It's a ridicule honeypot. They leave an obvious trap post open to catch all the rage posts in an effort to minimize the spread to other threads.
    What if the OP hadn't written this thread and went to sleep instead?

Would all the rage have traveled in time with him collecting on his unconcious mind so that when he woke up he would have hulk-like powers?

Something to think about...

Quote Originally Posted by Maleborgia View Post
    What if the OP hadn't written this thread and went to sleep instead?

Would all the rage have traveled in time with him collecting on his unconcious mind so that when he woke up he would have hulk-like powers?

Something to think about...
    It would coalesce into a supermassive rage hole from which no fun can escape.

"When person A fell asleep he was "sent" to a diffrent dimension where the time is eight hours into the future compared to the dimension he fell asleep in. But ofcourse the body doesnt just disappear in the sleeping dimension, that mass of the body is what we call a "copy". This is a copy of the exact same person that was sent into the "future" or a diffrent dimension. "

Bwuh?! o_O

I'm glad this isn't a serious post, but I'm curious what brought you to theorize so deeply on the subject, or where you got some of these bizarre ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.