Thread: VLC Player

Deleted

VLC Player

I use both VLC player and MPC, but both have flaws.

In media player classic, i can't seem to get Baked in Subtitles working, which i can in VLC.
    In VLC however, i got black borders which i can't remove using Aspect Ratio option. In VLC i can remove them, or shrink them using the Num Pad.

Any solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    In media player classic, i can't seem to get Baked in Subtitles working, which i can in VLC.
    I don't understand the problem, never had problems with any subtitles in MPC-HC. You do use current version, not the years old one? srt, ssa, idx/sub, sup all work both separate and embedded in mkv, just make sure the file names are exact match.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Its not a .SRT, its burned/baked in.

What file type is it? If the subtitles were really hard encoded into the video they would show up.

Also if possible post a screenie of these "black borders" in VLC. Not sure what you mean.
    Last edited by WarFalcon1; 2013-01-03 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    Its a MKV file.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 11:55 PM ----------

I've now downloaded the latest version of MPC, subtitles are shown, but now the audio is weird. I hear background music but now the actual conversations.

Its a MKV file.
    Burned in subtitles would refer to something you can't turn off no matter what because those are part of the actual video. The word you're probably looking for is "embedded". Anyway, never had problems with any embedded subtitles in files that I know are 100% working. You could try demux the subtitle streams out of the mkv file as separate video+subtitle files in case the MKV file is broken somehow.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

What codec pack (or individual codecs/filters) are you using with MPC?

throw both players and get The KMPlayer, you will never look back.the things you can do with it are uncountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Cronus View Post
    What codec pack (or individual codecs/filters) are you using with MPC?
    Don't need to use any. It ships with FFDShow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    throw both players and get The KMPlayer, you will never look back.the things you can do with it are uncountable.
    Zero is uncountable too... Or can you name some of those features it can do that other players dont?
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Don't need to use any. It ships with FFDShow.
    FFDShow doesn't work for everything. There may be conflicting codecs on OP's computer.

Deleted
    KMPlayer is indeed the best option but they turned it into a spyware-orgy at one point, they lost most of their long-term users. No idea if they changed their tactics since then.

Deleted
    www.cccp-project.net <-- download this codec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    FFDShow doesn't work for everything.
    Not for RM and QuickTime, but who needs that crap anyway.
    Trolling should be.

Definitely get CCCP and use MPC.

Hard & Soft subs work fine, if you set it up properly - You should be good to go with this:

I believe that FFD and Haali are packed into CCCP.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Just make certain you don't install it alongside any other codec packs, because that can be a nightmare. Or better yet, use this method. It's much safer and superior to using a codec pack like CCCP, especially where 10 bit playback is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Not for RM and QuickTime, but who needs that crap anyway.
    What I meant was that FFDShow isn't a magical codec that plays every type of video file. You will need other codecs to play some videos.

I use CCCP as well, and that has been the one and only thing I've downloaded as far as codecs go for years now. Besides a few occasions where I needed some off the wall codec.