Thread: Weapon question

Weapon question

Sup!

So, tonight I got: Loshan sword and the staff from normal terrace. I'm currently wearing Elite regail (2/2 upgraded) with tornado summoning-censer LFR.

Would the staff be better? 2/2 upgraded and the prismatic gem in it. Can't seem to find any info on it. I also have the HC Elegon wand in my bank.

Thx

Might depend slightly on the spec and your race (If you're a Gnome, then Regails is better without question), but to my knowledge the Staff is better once you get the Prismatic slot unlocked.

Worgen affli, my bad

Deleted
    HC Elegon > Elite Regail > Loshan > Staff
    HC Spirit Offhand from Feng > BOE Offhand some Fan > LFR Tornado

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    HC Elegon > Elite Regail > Loshan > Staff
    You're missing the fact that he has the Prismatic slot. Bumps the staff up in a big way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    You're missing the fact that he has the Prismatic slot. Bumps the staff up in a big way.
    Does Loshan not get the Prismatic slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Does Loshan not get the Prismatic slot?
    It does, but it will only be better than the staff if it has an offhand of equal or higher Ilvl than the staff that doesn't have spirit on it.

Also, how do you figure HC Wand > Elite Dagger?

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...27.0.0.0.76694

Unless you need the haste to reach the cap (You don't), there's no way its better.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-01-04 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also important to consider is race, humans get 1% hit from using the Sword which equates to an additional 340 Hit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Also important to consider is race, humans get 1% hit from using the Sword which equates to an additional 340 Hit rating.
    That was covered in the 2nd post of the thread. We're talking Worgen.

Staff is better.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...82.0.0.0.147.2

Regail's+OH will have 500 more SP and 100 more secondary stats but Jin'ya will have 600 more Int.

They're all close, though. You're looking at gaining around 2-300 DPS. If you're going to have to spend valor to upgrade the staff it might be better to upgrade some other item or wait until you have a heroic weapon.

So, in the end which is best?
    Taking into account the prismatic socket and 550 int gem and the heroic Elite dagger.

Heroic Staff with Prismatic > Heroic Elite Dagger with any offhand.

Yes but H Loshan / H Tornado > H staff?
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2013-01-05 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Yes but H Loshan / H Tornado > H staff?
    If you actually want to spend 2/2 on the OH, yes but idk why you would. Wouldn't be the best decision you ever made. The OH should be one of the last pieces you'll want to upgrade but I doubt you will ever get to it before 5.2 hits and you start collecting better gear. As a worgen, go with the staff.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Just as a rule of thumb: If total stat values are within 165int value of eachother then MH+OH is always better than staff because of the enchant to offhand. I haven't mathed it out for myself personally yet since I don't have a good offhand yet. Currently using sha staff with Lo'shan waiting. I'm finishing the prismatic socket next week but I'm holding off on putting it anywhere until that deal is sorted out.

If you have an off-hand with a main-hand that has a combined lower item level than a two-handed option you will rarely gain anything from it. I'm too lazy to count what you would need but the two posts above explain it well. I'll just add that for you with a quick calculation in my head the best options for you with LFR off-hand should be Jin'ya > Regail's > Loshan (maybe Loshan > Regail's with 550 gem but whatever, staff is better).