Poll: Do you support groups like Anonymous?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I chose undecided.

I think people hear "whistle blower" and immediately believe any drivel that spews from their mouths. I believe each case should be viewed analytically until such time as enough evidence points one way or another.
    Last edited by ovm33; 2013-01-04 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typo
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    if declaring war on WBC is your criteria, then you should support the KKK and the Hell's Angels too...
    Except that anon isn't racist or religious or criminal, and its members are as diverse in background as they could be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvshammy View Post
    That is awfully, shiny armor you are wearing up there on that horse. You ever thought about this? Criminal behavior is the breaking/violating of any law. So your statement implies that all laws are moral and should be followed.

People that hid Jewish people from murderous Nazis during WWII were performing acts of criminal behavior, and I applaud the bravery of people who risk their lives to do what is right vs. what is legal.
    If you are going to go after the football players and judge them guilty without giving them due process, then shouldn't you also use that same criteria to go after Anonymous for their crimes? Shouldn't Pvt Manning also be punished for his crimes? Think about it.

IF in fact you can convict the footballers in an impartial court then throw the book at them, 'trial by public opinion' is never the answer.
    My personal view about Anonymous is that they are worthless, if they had truly wanted to do the 'right thing' they'd have provided the video to the Ohio Attorney General and the State Police if they thought that the local authorities were corrupt, instead they went to the interwebs and thus have tainted their 'evidence'. In turn they are doing nothing for the victim and only attempting to exploit her suffering for their notoriety. Hence I find them as disgusting as any of the football players that actually commited the crime of rape.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Except that anon isn't racist or religious or criminal, and its members are as diverse in background as they could be
    They are criminal (blackmail) and the secretive nature of their organization leaves absolutely no transparency about their motives, funding or agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I think on small levels like this it is a good thing to have groups like this

when they decide to go on a more international stage, then i see a problem.
    To hell with that. Anon has gone against countries who threaten to shut down the internet from Syria to Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to take the existence of anonymous with both the good and the bad if this is what they manage to do in their 'good' column. I don't particularly care how they got a hold of it. Whether it was a complicated infiltration into this... creatures files on his own computer or someone close to the dude just growing a moral bone and posting it where people could get it.

That man is an eyelash's width away from 'psychopath'. And let me guess, no one calls him out on such behaviour because he is a 'revered athlete'?
    Cute. People like this need to be shipped off to the army or jail so someone bigger than them can finally put them down the pegs they need to maybe reign in enough of their aggression to be considered a human being.

Disgusting state of affairs.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Emotionally charged individuals shouldn't be exacting justice based on conjecture and opinion. Those kids in your hypothetical scenario might have been doing nothing wrong, but the caller was just annoyed so he decided to open his window and kill them with a shotgun because he felt they were breaking the law.

I don't know about you, but every time I've ever called the police (which has been only a couple of times) no matter what I was calling about they arrived on the scene and took the situation seriously. Unless you're a crack pot calling about a ghost stealing your resume, they will respond and take a report.
    Yeah... That wasn't hypothetical. This happens to me. A lot.
    I never grab a shotgun, or any other implement (I don't own firearms, but that's not to say there aren't any things like (cross)bows lying around. I merely don't believe in using sports equipment (or anything else, for that matter) as weapons). I never did, and never will. But I will defend myself and others, because the police is doing jack shit about it. That's my experience with the police. I still call, of course.
    Last edited by Stir; 2013-01-05 at 05:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support them. In this instance all they're doing is uncovering evidence. Now we just have to hope someone does something about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    if declaring war on WBC is your criteria, then you should support the KKK and the Hell's Angels too...
    To crazy for the KKK lol. They are truly bad people.
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I was thinking this my self.