Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

[Megathread] Team Fortress 2

(This should have been done time ago...)

Welcome to TF2 General Thread.

Every notes, weapons, videos, any other TF2 related can go in here.

Meet the team.

Current last update added:

For more info: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mecha_Update

For more about Mann Vs Machine: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mann_vs._Machine

Kiss these items Goodbye!

(9 items removed this night on January 24 of 2013)
    Last edited by Nightfury Treann; 2013-01-25 at 07:06 AM.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

About time indeed ^^
    I have yet to try the new weapons (except the vaccinator which I used for like one game and traded away), those new Engineer bots are also damn annoying!
    The new miscs and such are really grand, the new adult swim additions are alright (Clown Pyro looks great though).
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2013-01-04 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no TF2 Mega Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    This is the first one afaik.

Remove the engi from the Meet the Team picture at the top.

Maybe if nobody knows he exists, nobody will try him out and will instead learn to actually play the game.

(This is going to be a fun thread)
    Last edited by Chip Zvarri; 2013-01-04 at 03:20 AM.
    FC: 4441-9848-5442 (If you want any gen 1-6 starter, PM me or ask on steam)

Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    About time indeed ^^
    I have yet to try the new weapons (except the vaccinator which I used for like one game and traded away), those new Engineer bots are also damn annoying!
    The new miscs and such are really grand, the new adult swim additions are alright (Clown Pyro looks great though).
    Loose cannon is like a mixed of the loch n load and the Launcher but with reduced effect on touch.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Nope, there was a thread but it was only about MVM topic, so this is more like... more general , you know, weapons, hats, videos, loadouts, etc.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Brohoof View Post
    Remove the engi from the Meet the Team picture at the top.

Maybe if nobody knows he exists, nobody will try him out and will instead learn to actually play the game.

(This is going to be a fun thread)
    Engie doesn't make troubles with the sentries, just solving practical problems against Spy and Soldiers, haha.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Loose cannon is like a mixed of the loch n load and the Launcher but with reduced effect on touch.
    Reduced effect? It seems to practically kill me on impact

Engi doesn't make troubles with the sentries, just solving practical problems against Spy and Soldiers, haha.
    Engi doesn't solve problems, he walks, places an aimbot, and then let's it solve problems for him at absolutely no skill requirement. Especially if he's using minis.

I've put 1450 hours in TF2. I reset my stats a while back, but my least played class is Engi, with around 6 recorded hours. Soldier is around 300.

He has the most points of any of them. 43. Because I went minisentry combat engi. On doomsday.

You'll also notice my highest kills with engi is 43. That's because I didnt use teleporters or dispensers. I just got 43 kills for said 43 points. Didn't even need assists (admittedly, it was probably luck that stopped me from getting ANY assists and only getting the kills, but the point remains that I was capable of getting them because minisentries). That is how skill-based engineers are.

Tell me I deserved it :P
    Last edited by Chip Zvarri; 2013-01-04 at 03:34 AM.

Reduced effect? It seems to practically kill me on impact
    What i know is that "one shots" on the first bounce against you, but the damage reduces if it touches the floor.

Engi doesn't solve problems, he walks, places an aimbot, and then let's it solve problems for him at absolutely no skill requirement. Especially if he's using minis.

I've put 1450 hours in TF2. I reset my stats a while back, but my least played class is Engi, with around 6 recorded hours. Soldier is around 300.

He has the most points of any of them. 43.

Because I went minisentry combat engi. On doomsday.

Tell me I deserved it :P
    I think i have the opposite of you, Soldier is my 8th class played. Last is Pyro and Sniper is first and then Medic.

I think i have the opposite of you, Soldier is my 8th class played. Last is Pyro and Sniper is first and then Medic.
    I couldn't live without soldier. Rocket jumping is my life. The better you get at it, the harder it is to get out.

Also:

Minisentries>Skill
    Last edited by Chip Zvarri; 2013-01-05 at 03:18 AM.

What i know is that "one shots" on the first bounce against you, but the damage reduces if it touches the floor.
    No wonder it hurts so much >_>
    My least played is Sniper, Pyro is first. Simply because I can't aim lol.
    I couldn't live without soldier. Rocket jumping is my life. The more rocket jumping techniques you learn, the harder it is to get out.
    Also:
    [video=youtube_share;6dCWUKtxUk0]http://youtu.be/6dCWUKtxUk0[video]
    Minisentries>Skill
    If it wasn't there you would've made it.

So what's the way to get a diamond or gold botkiller weapon?

Holy crap. About damn time this thread came about. I only asked for the three plus times in the MvM thread.

If anyone wants to play, add me here.

So what's the way to get a diamond or gold botkiller weapon?
    Diamond = Expert MvM
    Gold = Normal MvM

Gold and Diamond, like Blood (Easy or w.e. it is) has about a 10% chance to be obtained after a tour of those difficulties, rather than the Rust (Easy), Silver (Normal) and Carbonado (Expert)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've started playing more MvM again and having really fun while doing it, wouldn't mind more people not playing medics and some more good people going engineers though, dispensers are OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    Here's my Pyro loadout. I love my hat on my hat...on my hat. Vintage, even.

And my soldier loadout. Couldn't live without him.

I have a santa set for pretty much every class. Sadly, I got my soldier loadout a couple months back when a Kringle, All-Father and BMOC cost a good 36 keys :/ Now it's barely 24.

Oh well. C'est la vie. And the result of tf2wh screwing the market by reducing key prices, in combination with Valve screwing over the market immediately after by making store-bought items craftable and making the max bag space not capable of exceeding it's limit outside of TF2 (once again boning over the WH and the market).

Though speaking of which, looking forward to seeing how the tf2 marketplace goes. It seems like it could work out. Once they put unusuals up in there, Valve is gona start making some serious cash. And since all the money has to be spent on other games in steam, they'll just go to the bank on this.
    Last edited by Chip Zvarri; 2013-01-04 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diamond = Expert MvM
    Gold = Normal MvM

Gold and Diamond, like Blood (Easy or w.e. it is) has about a 10% chance to be obtained after a tour of those difficulties, rather than the Rust (Easy), Silver (Normal) and Carbonado (Expert)
    I was very lucky, on my first mecha tour I've gained a golden MK.II (Mecha tour botkillers, with the engie heads) flamethrower, ofcourse I've traded it for a sticky, as I hate playing a pyro.

I'm still finishing my Pyro set myself. Here's my Engineer set for now regardless ^^
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...98941A8DDAC28/
    I'm currently using the Pomson instead of the Frontier Justice and the item my Executioner is obscuring is my Idea Tube.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I was very lucky, on my first mecha tour I've gained a golden MK.II (Mecha tour botkillers, with the engie heads) flamethrower, ofcourse I've traded it for a sticky, as I hate playing a pyro.
    Only got 1 Rust (Wrench) and a Silver (Minigun) both MK1. Least it's for classes I play though. thing I hate about the Minigun is that the robot head clips into the Minigun >_> Annoys me greatly.