Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've almost stopped using the deadringer these days, so much better to use the standard invis watch and just screw with people, spy is however just based on how the other people are doing, even if they have 1 person who keeps screwing you over, avoid them, its not really hard and he can't be everywhere.

and mvm fail? its amazingly fun.

and play on nocrit servers if your annoyed by random crits, problem solved.

also spy isn't all about using your knife, headshot some people if you can't get close, your gun actually is useful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Almost full Sniper loadout on this point.

http://i.imgur.com/zqiQ3.jpg

I'm thinking about getting the last acc. part with Flairs or something else...
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    damn, I've been out of touch with my jumping lately by running a entire day on hightower with gunboats helped :P

Deleted
    Pyros kinda scares me when i play random servers. I usually play a very weird looking Scout and while we are waiting for the game to start (while the whole team tries to smash the door to get the hell out of the bunker) Pyros are the weirdest ones.

They just run around attacking the air and hitting the wall all the time like crazy. And then suddenly they stand still not moving an inch. Im trying to act normal and just stands there with my bat up. They slowly turn around. And over all the people around me, the Pyros always come to me and start hitting me with their axe. Always me. o.o

And the high five emotion is quite cool. I defended with my Demoman and a Heavy with boxing gloves came and started hitting me to Spycheck me and when he noticed im a real team member he started to do the high five emotion. Thats really cute.

Nothing feels better than playing a Spy and go on with the team. Then paint "Im a Spy" on the wall infront of them. Lawl.

I love TF2.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 08:43 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pyros look best in the game, they just look like lemmings :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And for any of you who don't know yet, Valve are working on a 15 minute TF2 short, they intended it being 90 minutes long, but then when they saw how much work it would require they've said "Screw this".

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    And for any of you who don't know yet, Valve are working on a 15 minute TF2 short, they intended it being 90 minutes long, but then when they saw how much work it would require they've said "Screw this".
    Amazing. I seriously cannot wait. All off the "Meet the" videos are fantastic. On a random note, TF2 funny / amusing pictures I've taken:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...F44F24081F8C1/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...BC59CECD46846/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...C39F668A88211/

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Ooooh! I'm interested in that now
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Amazing. I seriously cannot wait. All off the "Meet the" videos are fantastic. On a random note, TF2 funny / amusing pictures I've taken:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...F44F24081F8C1/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...BC59CECD46846/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...C39F668A88211/
    The 2nd and 3rd ones lol. ^^

No, no it hasn't.

One player can't be everywhere on the entire map at once. Stop exaggerating.

You mean the Huo-Long Heater? The part where if you rev / fire the gun, flames are deployed, WHILE EATING 6 AMMO PER SECOND? Okay. That's random. Right.

Melee attacks tend to crit a lot. Engineers are no different. My advice? Don't get hit.

I've never complained about DR, but I would assume they're doing so because you can damn near have 90% uptime on the effect, if you use it then cancel and run away. That's annoying. Not overpowered, or anything, and only if they're running Spycicle. And yes, you're right: DR is the only "good" watch. If you're using Cloak and Dagger, you're spending far to much time not contributing.

I assume this is just because a bad couple of games. We all complain at one point or another, but at least make valid points when complaining, such as how much of an anti-class a Pyro is to a Spy...complaining about a mechanic such as the Huo-Long Heater, which is a direct downgrade (in regards to stock Minigun, on a map such as a CtF) is ridiculous.

I can't figure out what this is supposed to mean... I assume you're saying that they've added a lot of guns and it's not balanced. If that's what you're saying, I simply disagree. Some weapons are annoying, but the ONLY weapon I complain about and feel that they're overly overpowered is Stickies. If you use them defensively it is rather impossible to die.

MvM was, and is not, fail. It is a lot of fun, provided you play with friends / competent players. And, even IF -- which I don't -- concede that MvM was "fail", it doesn't detract from the game. If you don't like it, don't play it. Simple.

So...yeah. Stop complaining about a class that one shots.
    I am not complaining over a few bad games. I been playing since about 08ish 2000 hours of game play, and it's just gotten cluttered with so much crap it's honestly not fun to play anymore.

Stop complaining about a class that one shots, really? I understand if you are referring to the amateur spies that just stab one person and herp derp dies. But to really be an asset to your team, it's really annoying to do so now days. I'm speaking from a pub point of view here, for comp games and high lander it's ok but I don't do much of it. I spend most of my time in pub games.

Also, spies aren't all about the stabbing. They can do many other things to help out. I'm pretty sure you know so im not gonna get into detail about that.

Ciao 9 hats that people will absurdly gonna start to sell them for Bill's or Buds after this night.
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    (This should have been done time ago...)
    I already made a TF2 thread, when I realized there wasn't one, but that was quite some time ago and it sank.

Anyway, I've skimmed through the thread and the "anti-spy" complaint caught my attention.
    If anything, this game actually became "anit-pyro". Well, pyro has always been underpowered, and not really a primary attack class like it is listed at the selection screen. Surely, pyro got buffed throughout the updates, but still it feels more like a support class.

It became nearly impossible to actually burn someone. Back in vanilla, you could only use medkits, medic heal or obviously water to put out the flames. But today it seems like everyone has means of negating afterburn damage: jarate, mad milk, shields with fire resistance, spycicle... Hell, even enemy pyros can easily nullify all your effort put in frying enemy medic with a single puff from the compression blast. Pyro is still a close combat class, but it now almost exclusively relies on axetinguisher combo to get kills.

But enough about pyro, let's look at spy. As I already mentioned, spycicle gives spies complete invulnerability against fire, i.e. against spy's only counter-class. Some people tend to forget, but revolvers throw a real punch in close range.

I'm not quite sure if I even need to mention the dead ringer - this is incredibly powerful item for spies. Sure, it's quite easy to predict newbie spies actions after the dead ringer actibation, but invis is honestly not the main function of this watch. It literally gives the spy another life on the battlefield, and it is especially effective when used in the right moment - e.g. when you have to fight off an enemy assault and you don't have time chasing the spy all the way to the nearest ammo box to finish him.

And of course I cannot not mention the saharan spy set. Familiar fez is probably one of my (if not the) most hated items in the game, because it is a hat, that has impact on the gameplay. Let's read it one more time and think about it, a hat, that has impact on the gameplay... This item set is ridiculously overpowered. Well, I don't know, maybe it's something with my audio, or my ears, but I'm pretty sure, that instead of reducing cloak sound volume it silences it completely. Unless the spy is decloaking at point blank range, it's almost impossible to hear him. I'm pretty sure that turning around every other second to check if there's a spy behind you or not is not the inteded way to counter this class. I prefer to do so by noticing odd behavior of one my "teammates", or listening to decloak/DR sound in proximity.

Anyway, I probably made spy sound like a really OP class, which he actually is not. These imbalance notes mainly apply to good players, which there are a few, sadly. Pub spies are mostly on the same level as snipers, when it comes to being useful in the game. But in a rare case a good spy can neutralize the whole enemy team, simply by making them so mad, that they abandon their classes and map objectives and spend the rest of the match chasing him.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    the degreaser is what makes pyros kinda forget their old playstyle, where they had to rely on positioning and flanking to get kills rather then instant switch and crit for 90/195, I think they should reduce the weapon switch or increase the airblast cost to say 25 ammo or 30 on the degreaser, its kinda like the DR for spies, it makes them forget what the class was all about before, I can't reallly use the deadringer anymore since I just love having that cloak way to much.

This'll be a long post. And I don't mean for this post to sound like I'm gloating and/or that I'm talking down to others, I simply don't agree with the points they're making.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    I am not complaining over a few bad games. I been playing since about 08ish 2000 hours of game play, and it's just gotten cluttered with so much crap it's honestly not fun to play anymore.
    Please go into a bit more detail than "so much crap". Again, what does this mean? Are you complaining about the "new" weapons? Do you not like the color red? This could mean ANYTHING. Furthermore, I would venture to think that at 2,000 hours you're either one of the following: burnt out, or simply not that good. I'm not saying this in spite or negatively, but Spies are difficult to utilize effectively; I know I can't Spy.

Stop complaining about a class that one shots, really?
    I stand by my comment. A class that one shots gets little to no sympathy from me, especially when lag can significantly aid in that ("face" stabs). And you're still pretty damned effective at med distance, too: Ambassador headshots 102 per, right?

I understand if you are referring to the amateur spies that just stab one person and herp derp dies.
    I have no idea what you skill level is; I've never played with you. Judging from your QQ, I would venture to think you're average. /shrug

But to really be an asset to your team, it's really annoying to do so now days.
    I play with finn the human all the time (he only plays Spy). Me and him are #1 and #2 90% of the time, easily.

I'm speaking from a pub point of view here, for comp games and high lander it's ok but I don't do much of it. I spend most of my time in pub games.
    I only play pub games. While I'd love to get into competitive TF2, my favorite is Pyro, and being a personal assistant to a Medic is a very boring role that I have no interest in. That, and I don't know anyone who partakes in competitive TF2.

Also, spies aren't all about the stabbing. They can do many other things to help out. I'm pretty sure you know so im not gonna get into detail about that.
    Who said it was? Still, that's what they're "best" at; you don't think of SMG / Jarate / non-Sniper Rifle when you think of the Sniper, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Anyway, I've skimmed through the thread and the "anti-spy" complaint caught my attention.
    If anything, this game actually became "anit-pyro". Well, pyro has always been underpowered, and not really a primary attack class like it is listed at the selection screen. Surely, pyro got buffed throughout the updates, but still it feels more like a support class.
    Well, it really depends. When you're fighting a ridiculously "pro" opponent, yeah, I feel like a support character...but when they're anything lower, it's very easy to advance and kill them.

It became nearly impossible to actually burn someone.
    I never had a problem with burning someone, but perhaps that's because I run Flare Gun, and have gotten pretty precise with aiming it (my Flare Gun has more kills than my Axtinguisher, lol).

Back in vanilla, you could only use medkits, medic heal or obviously water to put out the flames. But today it seems like everyone has means of negating afterburn damage: jarate, mad milk, shields with fire resistance, spycicle... Hell, even enemy pyros can easily nullify all your effort put in frying enemy medic with a single puff from the compression blast.
    Jarate is on a 20 second cooldown, and if they use it defensively, they've lost a great offensive tool. Mad Milk is mediocre; I find that it's best to use the Flying Guillotine or something else. Shields with fire resistance I would assume you're talking about the Splendid Screen, of which doesn't "negate" the damage (it lowers it, sure, but doesn't negate). Spycicle does provide immunity, but renders the Spy unable to stab for 15 seconds, a (usually) high price. And, let's be honest here...most Pyros don't compression blast their teammates.

Pyro is still a close combat class, but it now almost exclusively relies on axetinguisher combo to get kills.
    I strongly disagree. Is the Axtinguisher highly effective? Yes. But "almost exclusively"? Hardly.

But enough about pyro, let's look at spy. As I already mentioned, spycicle gives spies complete invulnerability against fire, i.e. against spy's only counter-class. Some people tend to forget, but revolvers throw a real punch in close range.
    For two seconds it provides immunity. Revolvers do good damage, but often times they're used too late, when an enemy is near striking damage...and let's not forget that the Spy only has 125 health...they die. Quickly.

I'm not quite sure if I even need to mention the dead ringer - this is incredibly powerful item for spies. Sure, it's quite easy to predict newbie spies actions after the dead ringer actibation, but invis is honestly not the main function of this watch. It literally gives the spy another life on the battlefield, and it is especially effective when used in the right moment - e.g. when you have to fight off an enemy assault and you don't have time chasing the spy all the way to the nearest ammo box to finish him.
    No argument here. DR is powerful, but as a Pyro, it's effectiveness is strongly diminished.

And of course I cannot not mention the saharan spy set. Familiar fez is probably one of my (if not the) most hated items in the game, because it is a hat, that has impact on the gameplay. Let's read it one more time and think about it, a hat, that has impact on the gameplay... This item set is ridiculously overpowered. Well, I don't know, maybe it's something with my audio, or my ears, but I'm pretty sure, that instead of reducing cloak sound volume it silences it completely. Unless the spy is decloaking at point blank range, it's almost impossible to hear him. I'm pretty sure that turning around every other second to check if there's a spy behind you or not is not the inteded way to counter this class. I prefer to do so by noticing odd behavior of one my "teammates", or listening to decloak/DR sound in proximity.
    Meh. That set means that they cannot disguise until they kill a teammate. As far as I'm concerned, anything but the stock knife is a direct downgrade. And, again, as a Pyro, I am always Spy checking. Doesn't make a lick of difference to me, only that they might be undisguised, which is a big advantage for me.

Anyway, I probably made spy sound like a really OP class, which he actually is not. These imbalance notes mainly apply to good players, which there are a few, sadly. Pub spies are mostly on the same level as snipers, when it comes to being useful in the game. But in a rare case a good spy can neutralize the whole enemy team, simply by making them so mad, that they abandon their classes and map objectives and spend the rest of the match chasing him.
    I suppose, but again, being a Pyro (that always Spy checks (both walls, players, etc)), their usefulness will always be lowered when I'm around.

Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    the degreaser is what makes pyros kinda forget their old playstyle, where they had to rely on positioning and flanking to get kills rather then instant switch and crit for 90/195, I think they should reduce the weapon switch or increase the airblast cost to say 25 ammo or 30 on the degreaser, its kinda like the DR for spies, it makes them forget what the class was all about before, I can't reallly use the deadringer anymore since I just love having that cloak way to much.
    While I wasn't around during such a time, I theoretically enjoy this play style more; I don't want to rely on corners for kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody have a Strange Liberty Launcher that wants to trade?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Does anybody have a Strange Liberty Launcher that wants to trade?
    Can't you just get one at the warehouse? They're like, a ref or something last I checked. Unless they're out of stock.
    FC: 4441-9848-5442 (If you want any gen 1-6 starter, PM me or ask on steam)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Brohoof View Post
    Can't you just get one at the warehouse? They're like, a ref or something last I checked. Unless they're out of stock.
    Warehouse? woot´s that?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Warehouse? woot´s that?
    http://www.tf2wh.com/ -- although I don't use it. The only website I really use for TF2 is http://scrap.tf/ .

This'll be a long post. And I don't mean for this post to sound like I'm gloating and/or that I'm talking down to others, I simply don't agree with the points they're making.

Please go into a bit more detail than "so much crap". Again, what does this mean? Are you complaining about the "new" weapons? Do you not like the color red? This could mean ANYTHING. Furthermore, I would venture to think that at 2,000 hours you're either one of the following: burnt out, or simply not that good. I'm not saying this in spite or negatively, but Spies are difficult to utilize effectively; I know I can't Spy.

I stand by my comment. A class that one shots gets little to no sympathy from me, especially when lag can significantly aid in that ("face" stabs). And you're still pretty damned effective at med distance, too: Ambassador headshots 102 per, right?

I have no idea what you skill level is; I've never played with you. Judging from your QQ, I would venture to think you're average. /shrug

I play with finn the human all the time (he only plays Spy). Me and him are #1 and #2 90% of the time, easily.

I only play pub games. While I'd love to get into competitive TF2, my favorite is Pyro, and being a personal assistant to a Medic is a very boring role that I have no interest in. That, and I don't know anyone who partakes in competitive TF2.

Who said it was? Still, that's what they're "best" at; you don't think of SMG / Jarate / non-Sniper Rifle when you think of the Sniper, do you?
    Indeed it is hard to play spy effectively when you gotta be always thinking 2 steps ahead of everyone else or just cheese it with the dead ringer. Perhaps I am burnt out I haven't played in months. TF2 has terrible optimisation many people report laf and huge fps drops on top end machines. Come on this game is years old now anything can run it.

Ambassador headshots if you are an excellent aimer and can read players movements. I prefer revolver it fits my playstyle. Oh and don't talk about this face stab stuff. If you are dumb enough to melee a Spy then you desert to die. Sure, being able to kill in one shot does seem good. But defences are atrocious, really low health. Our best defence is relying on people being stupid enough come directly at us.

Perhaps you heard of trick stabbing. Face stabs are a different story it can't be helped due to how the game mechanics work.

TF2 is an awesome game don't get me wrong, but it's run it's course. Now it's just for valve to make money off of using tf2 as a way to reel in more money.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Indeed it is hard to play spy effectively when you gotta be always thinking 2 steps ahead of everyone else or just cheese it with the dead ringer.
    Frankly, if you're not spy-checking that Sniper that's running into your melee range, you deserve to be killed, just as you deserve to be killed if you're not watching your back and/or not anticipating DR on every Spy.

TF2 has terrible optimisation many people report laf and huge fps drops on top end machines. Come on this game is years old now anything can run it.
    While my machine isn't "the best", it's still pretty damned good, and I can't recall a singular time where I've had lag (that wasn't server-side), or any technical problems. The only thing I can report is slow initial load times on a map...but then again, I've got it stored on a "slow" external hard drive, so I'm sure that doesn't help.

Ambassador headshots if you are an excellent aimer and can read players movements. I prefer revolver it fits my playstyle.
    Okay. The Wiki says that the stock Revolver does 55-60 damage point blank, and 35-45 damage at "medium range", with an attack inteval of 0.58 seconds. That's still pretty good.

Oh and don't talk about this face stab stuff.
    Wut? Okay, don't talk about Pyros. Why is talking about core mechanics of a class off-limits?

If you are dumb enough to melee a Spy then you desert to die.
    This largely depends. Granted, I will 90% agree with you, but there's certain scenarios where I'd want to melee a Spy (mainly as an Ubersaw Medic, or as an Axtinguisher Pyro after a compression), but even then, if I do so, I'm gambling, and if I get stabbed, I deserved to die.

Sure, being able to kill in one shot does seem good.
    Seems?

But defences are atrocious, really low health.
    That's the tradeoff. Would you prefer +50 health, and 3 backstabs equals a kill?

Our best defence is relying on people being stupid enough come directly at us.
    It makes it significantly easier, of course, but that can be said about any class or anything on any game, ever. Of course when your opponent makes mistakes, it becomes easier for you.

Perhaps you heard of trick stabbing.
    Of course.

Face stabs are a different story it can't be helped due to how the game mechanics work.

That is all that needs to be said.

TF2 is an awesome game don't get me wrong, but it's run it's course. Now it's just for valve to make money off of using tf2 as a way to reel in more money.
    Or it can continue to be an amazing game. /shrug

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've started to play mvm somewhat actively again, its really fun.

the new map big rock is amazing.