• Soda

91 49.19%
  • Pop

47 25.41%
  • Other

47 25.41%

Thread: Soda or Pop?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Never heard anyone call it anything else but "coke" or cola inn Denmark I think?
    I do not hate wow. I'm just (was) very passionated about it. There is a difference. Everyone rants about thing's they think changed badly.

Do you like Thrash Metal? Then give a like for the new round off the Big 4 Evile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHum58R624
    Note to self: Avoid topic's you keep getting infracted on. You know why...!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Never heard anyone call it anything else but "coke" or cola inn Denmark I think?
    even when you are drinking pepsi, or sprite or mtn dew?

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...Soft drink.

...From the UK, I don't think we've ever used Soda or Pop... I think they tried to make 'pop' catch on here once in the nineties but really have you ever heard a brit say it? Sounds dumb. Soda also sounds a bit pretentious and strange when I say it, my accent makes words like that sound awkward. Got some odd looks when I dined in America when ordering (yeah I wasn't in the 'tourist areas' so it was a strange affair)
    Worked in alot of places in the UK and Pop is very prevalent.

I live in England (You didn't really think I lived in the Howling Fjord, did you? ) so most people where I live call it pop. Children generally call it just "Fizzy Drink". But nobody here calls it Soda. I think it's an american thing

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    As far as I know, we in the UK generally call things by their brand name. If we use a generic term, it's 'fizzy drink'.
    This, actually. But what I meant before was strictly between saying soda and pop.
    Last edited by NatureDrake; 2013-01-04 at 05:05 PM.

Currently playing Guild Wars 2, Dragon Age and Pokémon. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not an octopus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    even when you are drinking pepsi, or sprite or mtn dew?
    Hm, should have specified that yes We do specify on other labels like Pepsi, or Fanta.
    I do not hate wow. I'm just (was) very passionated about it. There is a difference. Everyone rants about thing's they think changed badly.

Do you like Thrash Metal? Then give a like for the new round off the Big 4 Evile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHum58R624
    Note to self: Avoid topic's you keep getting infracted on. You know why...!