10+ Year Old Account

Blu-Ray player software?

Can anyone recommend a good Blu-Ray player for windows? Apparently most free ones won't play these discs and the program that came with my player is outdated and is trying to charge me for an update. Therefore, I wanted to see if anyone had one in mind since I'm probably stuck with paying for one anyway.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I use Power DVD it came free with my blue ray player
    you can purchase it on their website http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...n_US.html?&r=1

This is exactly why i bought a standalone blu ray player, too many issues with these in PC's. You should contact the software company that came with the player, you shouldnt have to pay for an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    This is exactly why i bought a standalone blu ray player, too many issues with these in PC's. You should contact the software company that came with the player, you shouldnt have to pay for an upgrade.
    Unfortunately all software players for blu-ray are like this.

The only solution is to buy a lifetime license for SlySoft Anydvd HD which will allow you to play back newer media on out of date players or even free players that can't normally decrypt blu-rays.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    The only solution is to buy a lifetime license for SlySoft Anydvd HD
    Which costs more than good stand-alone BluRay player or PowerDVD and is not guaranteed to work on all movies.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Which costs more than good stand-alone BluRay player or PowerDVD and is not guaranteed to work on all movies.
    Probably because it has features not found on any commercial player such as: skipping ads and trailers, ability to backup your movies, and the speed menu system which is usually way faster then the java ones built into most disks.

Sadly it actually decrypts better then powerdvd 12 as I have trouble playing a few disks without anydvd.
    I checked the Cyberlink forums for issues with those disks and they have been around since pdvd11.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2013-01-04 at 01:33 PM.

I picked up a toshiba with built in wifi for 62.99 and it works splendidly with netflix, so glad i went this route rather than putting one in my PC and using HDMI cable to my TV.

And for the blu ray part ive yet to see a movie where you cant just do main menu>play and skip all the trailers.

download movies for pc in blueray quality enjoy.. buy bluray see them on TV why would you ever see movies on a small computer when a normal tv is at 40" now?

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    download movies for pc in blueray quality enjoy.. buy bluray see them on TV why would you ever see movies on a small computer when a normal tv is at 40" now?
    Not sure what world you're living in but many users have there pc hooked up to a large tv or projector see the link to my gaming rig in my signature for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll look into anydvd and I guess I can look into what it would cost to upgrade the software that came with my player... I'll have to dig out the disc.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    I have a 50" plasma in the living room and a 42" LCD in the other room, but I prefer to watch things on my pc at times.
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler10307 View Post
    I'll look into anydvd and I guess I can look into what it would cost to upgrade the software that came with my player... I'll have to dig out the disc.

I have a 50" plasma in the living room and a 42" LCD in the other room, but I prefer to watch things on my pc at times.
    Have you solved your problem? As a Blu-ray software fans, i want to give you some other suggestions. There are several famous Blu-ray player for Windows platform available in the market now. I just make a little reviews for you.

1. PowerDVD Blu-ray Player. Time limited trial available;support 3D, full Blu-ray menu; paid for upgrade.
    2. Macgo Blu-ray Player for Windows. No time-limited but watermarked when playback Blu-ray; no real Blu-ray menu and 3D support; free update after purchase.
    3. Arcsoft Total Media Player. Time limited trial available; support 3D, full Blu-ray menu; paid for upgrade.
    4. WinDVD Blu-ray Playre. Time limited trial available; support 3D, full Blu-ray menu; paid for upgrade.

All of them are Windows 8 compatible now, you can try if need

You tried VLC Media Player? I use it to play DVD and v2.0 added blu ray support.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried VLC with the blu-ray plugin?

edit: jinx.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    You tried VLC Media Player? I use it to play DVD and v2.0 added blu ray support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Have you tried VLC with the blu-ray plugin?

edit: jinx.
    Does not work without AnyDVDHD.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

why don't you try totalmedia?? I have used it for almost 2 years. It's an easy to use and professional blu ray player software for windows. In my opinion,It's better than powerdvd. You can download and try to decide.

iDeer Blu-ray Player. It can play commercial Blu-ray or DVD in different regions.
    You also can watch blu-ray movies on on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch.