Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I miss necrotic strike as a unholy rune : (

This single change ruined my DK for me, i want to play DW frost but its so bad/awkward right now (since it does not use obliterate in pvp). I miss my DK, what should i do guys.

Warrior. No reason to play DK right now (The 5.2 changes won't help) we don't need damage, we need survivability.

Not complaining about damage really, i just hate the fact that i have to use plague strike as DW frost. DW is designed so terribly, blizzz broke my spec.....and i agree DK need survivability buffs. No way im playin a FOTM warrior tho, id rather just play my hunter.

survivability buff? 20% damage reduction + immune to stun ( Icebound) + either Death Pack or even Conversion + AMZ and AMS !! and even death coil healings, how many more survivability do you need?!
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

You obviously dont play a DK, sure they have short term survivability but once those few cooldowns are over DK's are the easiest thing to kill in game (outside of a rogue, but they are gettin buffed big next patch).

Honestly i dont even care about defensive cooldowns, if they made necrotic strike unholy rune again id be 100% happy with the class.

I just miss NS being worth hitting. Doesn't do enough damage or stop enough healing

Quote Originally Posted by Raeion View Post
    survivability buff? 20% damage reduction + immune to stun ( Icebound) + either Death Pack or even Conversion + AMZ and AMS !! and even death coil healings, how many more survivability do you need?!
    Lol, you're kidding me right?

- A 1 min. cd on IBF.
    - A 2 min. cd on Death Pact and that being dependent on a separate 2 min. cd on Raise Dead to actually use it
    - Conversion which rarely any DK uses now as Death Pact is currently better for burst healing and having to need really, really good RP regen for a sustained period which we don't have without abilities like Empower Rune Weapon which is on a 5 min. cd
    - Deathcoil self healing for only when we have Lichborne up which is a 2 min cd and we have to pool RP to use it well, meaning less damage.

edit: - Kudos to our saving grace atm: glyphed AMS which is on a 45 sec. CD. Without this talent we'd get torn up by casters left and right.

You make us sound like some amazing godlike class to play the way you phrase your sentence. Any and every DK worth a salt in PvP knows the frustration that follows us when we try and PvP these days. I'm a huge avid fan of Frost DK PvP, but it's just downright sad how we can get trained and die now if we don't have more than 2 cd's available at a time to survive.

We have to sacrifice our own mobility and a great talent like Asphyxiate to get Chillblains so we can try to stay on top of our targets. But howling blast/chains of ice spam can only get us so far.

The NS rune change was too drastic.

We'll see how the next patch turns out.
    Last edited by Loonytune; 2013-01-04 at 07:04 AM.

I hate it too they should at least compensate by making it absorb more.

10+ Year Old Account

Since you do NOT use Obliterate in PvP atm, wouldn't Necrotic Strike usage be the exact same as if it used unholy runes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    No OB as 2H frost pvp (who would DW frost pvp anyway atm) ? What do you do then to kill a target ? O_o
    It still crits for over 60k on full elite pvp geared plate which i know isn't the best but still worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeion View Post
    you must be GC, he sais the same thing. That dk's have a lot of survivability with their cooldowns....thats cute...cause we have to use them all within a 30 second window to then be rendered useless the second they expire. My favorite thing is warriors second wind is passive and generates rage...where our closest thing to is costs RP and drains RP....I'd see noproblem with second wind if it did the absolute same thing as conversion. We have to sacrifice dps to survive but the fotm class does not and they wonder why we're complaining so much?

I gree it's a bad change. The worst change for me tho is the change to Threat of Thassarian and Might of the Frozen Wastes. Now that DW deals more damage with FS and 2h deals more damage with Obliterate we're doomed to change weapons depending on the opponment.

I'm using DW (pvp), but i want to use 2h. I miss 2h masterfrost from cata a lot but i just can't enjoy the new 2h Frost. It's all about Obliterate for 2h, which is good versus light armor but quite bad versus heavy armor (espesially holy paladins). Frost Strike was always my favorite ability for frost DK's. I started at DK to play 2h frost back in wotlk when DK's was released but now in Mop it's the first time i feel that i have to DW.

So why are the changes to Threat of Thassarian and Might of the Frozen Wastes such a big problem? Well first of all it's bad because DW is better versus heavy armor while 2h is better versus light armor. We can't swap weapons in combat because the bonuses for DW or 2h takes like 40 sec to work if swapped in combat. So if they removed this CD for bonuses we would just swap weapons each time we'll use Obliterate or Frost Strike. It's quite easy to see that they can't do that, because it would make the design even stupider then it is now. So what would be the solution for it then?

Here's my idea:
    - Remove the Obliterate damage bonus from Might of the Frozen Wastes and the Frost Strike damage bonus from Threat of Thassarian.
    - Increase Frost Strike-damage by 30% and Obliterate-damage by 10% for Frost passively. Let Obliterate ignore 10% armor per diseases on the target.

This would make both 2h and DW good versus both heavy and light armor. Atm DW is strong versus heavy armor and still good versus light armor, but not so strong versus light armor as 2h is. 2h is very weak versus heavy armor compared to DW tho.

I could finally go 2h masterfrost in pvp again if they did these changes!

yea i saw your post in the other thread about might and threat and realistically I too think they got it wrong. If they kept the bonuses to each I would recommend switching them and making dw about quick physical strikes and 2h more magical attacks(as that was how it was in masterfrost pre-mop aka masterfrost was ONLY played 2H) But I think overall in pve making the same spec play two different ways based on your weapon(s) is really stupid. I hate having a 2H as frost...I fell in love with my dk as DW in 3.3.3 and that is when I made him my main. I would love to play the normal rotation with frost as DW as the sound of howling blast already irritates me...Can't imagine it gets much better if/when I go DW not to mention HB spamming seems a hell of a lot more boring than frosts current priority/rotation is

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurushockin View Post
    I just miss NS being worth hitting. Doesn't do enough damage or stop enough healing
    I've seen proffesional DKs stack it up for 100k within seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    In cata yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    before or after the trinket changes? Cause I wouldn't believe you if you said after

Deleted
    Well with procs and trinkets my NS absorb goes from 33k to about 45/50k (UH & fully 483 geared), and it's not hard with BT to have at least 2 death runes available, even 3 isn't the end of the world at all. It's still shit when compared to cata tho' considering the amount of hp we now have and the burst healing available !

Necrotic strike is still good because it isn't affected by base resilience.

Deleted
    You mean the 40% before gear ?

I didn't even notice it changed to a death rune, guess that shows how much I care about it/use it. If you don't like it so much then just play a warrior or something else if you want, other than that I don't know what to say.