Thread: Addons.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Addons.

Can't seem to find the "RIFT game" file in my programmes 86 file. All I can find is RIFT and theres no interference file in that. Any help would be amazing.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Utilize the search function on your computer to find Rift.exe and note the location.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats in the file "RIFT"

Last edited by Bynaric; 2013-01-04 at 06:25 AM.

You have to manually create the interface folder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use Curse client. Add, remove and update add-ons hassle free and notification when there is newer versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the heading is correct and to stop another topic being made.

Is there an addon like Tidy Plates? I like to see the bar above all enemies for aoe, but in game I only see my targets bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Since the heading is correct and to stop another topic being made.

Is there an addon like Tidy Plates? I like to see the bar above all enemies for aoe, but in game I only see my targets bar.
    Don't need an add-on for that. It was patched into the UI some time ago. Go to the user interface options and enable the options you want like in combat, out of combat etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Don't need an add-on for that. It was patched into the UI some time ago. Go to the user interface options and enable the options you want like in combat, out of combat etc.
    Guess I'll have a closer look when I get home later then, cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Guess I'll have a closer look when I get home later then, cheers.
    No worries you're not the first to ask for it in fact the playerbase request was very high for this that Trion just ninja hotfixed it in without waiting for a content patch I think it was tested for a day or two on the PTS and then went live. By default it's not activated so this question comes up from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bynaric View Post
    Can't seem to find the "RIFT game" file in my programmes 86 file. All I can find is RIFT and theres no interference file in that. Any help would be amazing.
    Check "/users/<you_user_name>/My Documents" for a rift folder. I know on my system (window 7), that I have a folder there and my interface directory is there, along with my screenshot folder.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I just use Curse client. Add, remove and update add-ons hassle free and notification when there is newer versions.
    Just to throw a dissenting opinion out there, this program has caused several issues over the years with viruses/malware and keylogs. I don't really even like to use the website to be honest. It's nothing to do with the company, but it's a pretty high target because of the service it provides.

If you are a relatively safe user already, you probably won't see much issue, but problems have happened for people in the past. Just offering a word of caution, not telling you that you should disregard the suggestion.

Additionally, here are the pretty straightforward instructions from RiftUI that worked fine for me:

To manually install your addon:

1. Download your chosen addon.

2. Extract the files to a folder on your desktop.

3. Run Rift.

4. Click on the 'addons' button on the character select screen.

5. Click on the 'open addon directory' button on the addons list screen. This will open a Windows folder window.

The path should be:
    < game directory>\interface\addons

6. Copy the addon folder from your desktop into the newly opened folder window.

7. Click 'refresh' once the new addon is in the addon folder.

8. Make sure the addon is ticked and you should be all set.

Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-01-04 at 04:15 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Just to throw a dissenting opinion out there, this program has caused several issues over the years with viruses/malware and keylogs. I don't really even like to use the website to be honest. It's nothing to do with the company, but it's a pretty high target because of the service it provides.
    I've seen many say this. but no one has ever provided proof.

MMOC is owned by curse >.>

I've heard of some of the issues, but my understanding is that they were more associated with a bad addon being downloaded before it was removed than the actual client itself. I've been using it off and on for about...2ish? years by now and haven't had any problems (anecdotal, I know).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

I've heard of some of the issues, but my understanding is that they were more associated with a bad addon being downloaded before it was removed than the actual client itself. I've been using it off and on for about...2ish? years by now and haven't had any problems (anecdotal, I know).
    They might have changed this but I thought add-ons had to be "approved" by curse before they were uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    They might have changed this but I thought add-ons had to be "approved" by curse before they were uploaded.
    I'm not sure the process, but I know in the past every once in a while something snuck by and managed to get 1-2 downloads before being removed. I've never had the problem myself (I stay away from any mods that I don't know from somewhere else about or don't have a ton of downloads/high rating), but I've known people who have had that issue in the past (years ago, nothing recently though).

I don't even think I've heard of any issues with the client as of late other than it being a bit slow from time to time (THE HORROR!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure the process, but I know in the past every once in a while something snuck by and managed to get 1-2 downloads before being removed. I've never had the problem myself (I stay away from any mods that I don't know from somewhere else about or don't have a ton of downloads/high rating), but I've known people who have had that issue in the past (years ago, nothing recently though).

I don't even think I've heard of any issues with the client as of late other than it being a bit slow from time to time (THE HORROR!)
    I've tried looking and I was never able to find a case that was able to prove the client or anything from curse got them hacked.
    (could be I didn't look hard enough and it's been a few years since then)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Like I said, it has nothing to do with the actual company and everything to do with the files it has hosted. Different sites have different versions of the addons, since they are all stored in different locations. It's the primary target for people looking to insert keyloggers and other malware into programs.

I'm not a computer expert, but I have actually known people who hadthis problem. It takes a little stupidity on someone's part, so my advice was to just be cautious. I also don't know that this has happened any time recently, last I can remember was 1-2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I've tried looking and I was never able to find a case that was able to prove the client or anything from curse got them hacked.
    (could be I didn't look hard enough and it's been a few years since then)
    I also don't know that this has happened any time recently, last I can remember was 1-2 years ago.
    Agreed on both parts. Their new process seems to have almost entirely removed any malicious software from the mods they host (i.e. don't allow them to be released on the site), and the issues always seemed to stem from the addons themselves rather than the client.

It's a pretty solid service. I have my minor gripes, but it's good at keeping my Rift addons up-to-date without me needing to manually update each one from the site, and that's all I really need from it : )

10+ Year Old Account
    When it first came out that was my complaint about it. It was painfully slow to do anything, even on a (at the time) Athlon 64 X2. It's improved a LOT since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

I have used curse client for years for every game it supports. I have used the curse client since it was first available, even during the times these supposed attacks happened. Perhaps I was unaffected due to having an authenticator on all my accounts or perhaps I did not download the addons which had things in them, but in my experience, and the experiences of all my guildies across multiple games, has been a pleasant and virus free experience. Not to say it cannot happen, it can happen anywhere tbh, but it is pretty safe, especially now.