Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Mafia Sign Up Thread - Theme: Arkham Asylum/City

Hello,

First of all, I'm sorry for this wall of text, but this game will be somewhat different compared to what I believe most mafia players here are used to, so I'm going to try to provide an in depth explanation, hopefully without making anyone's eyes bleed.

I discussed running a mafia game with Arlee, and I was given permission to run a themed mafia game. All this really means is that along with a role claim (RC) everyone who plays will also receive a Character Claim (CC) and that during Night & Day Messages I will include a storyline message. The story will mostly be based on the Batman games Arkham Asylum & Arkham City.

As this will be my first time modding at this site; Here is a brief idea of what to expect from my moderation style. I generally create a few roles that are unique to the game, which you will have probably never heard of before. Other than that there will also be typical roles such as Cops, Doctors, Vanilla Townies, and so forth. There may also be more than one or two of any of these roles. Precedence of roles generally goes: Roleblock related (e.g. Jailkeeper) > Crazy Effect Related (e.g. Busdriver) > Protection Related > Kill Related > Investigation Related. Some roles may feel OP, but I will try my best to make the game as balanced as possible.

I will give scum (besides the Godfather, who will have investigation immunity) a choice of having a night ability or a fake CC. I will probably include more than one scum faction who must kill each other off as well as town. Please forgive me, but I will also not be informing you of what roles are in the game nor what they might do (until the player with the role is dead). Additionally, Serial Killers will not be given immunity by default.

If you're going to vote, please make sure it's bolded (e.g. Vote: Greeney) or I may miss it. If you want to remote a vote, you can either Unvote or vote for someone else. As soon as someone receives over 50% of the votes, that individual is immediately lynched. If a single mafia group manages to control 50% of the vote at any point, I will award them the victory. (If you guys use Finger of Suspicion or Hand of Suspicion, please do not bold it.)

I'll allow a Day phase to last one week, if the thread is incredibly active I'll allow it to last slightly longer. If there has not been a majority, I will lynch the person with the most votes by the deadline. Any votes cast after the given deadline will not count. Each Night, on the other hand, I'll allow only 48 hours to get in your night action (a mafia member can send in the roles for his/her group once they know what they are doing). Although, I may post a deadline, due to real life issues I may need an extra 24-48 hours before I can count votes and post a story. During this time, players are permitted to continue discussing inside the thread. However, please do not post in the thread during the night phase.

I was informed that there is generally no rule against messaging each other during mafia games, and I won't modkill someone if I find out they are doing so as I've heard it's relatively common on this site, but I would appreciate if people will discourage anyone doing so during this game.

There really are only 3 golden rules I expect of people who sign up.
    1. Don't quote or screenshots your role (feel free to briefly summarize it in your own words, however). I will modkill anyone if I feel they crossed the line.
    2. Don't ruin the game for everyone else.
    3. Don't break the forum rules.

If you guys enjoy this game I'll do another themed one in the future, if nobody seems to enjoy the themed game I won't force another one down anyone's throat, but I'd appreciate if you at least give it a chance even if the first day or two might be incredibly confusing with little information to go on. I'd like to aim for 20+ people, but as long as there's over 12 people interested I'll start the game up. I'm not sure how long you guys generally give for sign ups here, but I'll give until I'm done work on Tuesday to see how many people have signed up.

Please note that I will also be inviting over some people from another site I play mafia at which seems to be dying out. Most of these people will have played mafia for a decent length of time, but I intend for them to be just as lost and confused as everyone else when the game starts. Just in case any of them try to encourage you to trust them in knowing how I think, I can assure you they still have no idea and (based on a random number generator) may even be scum. Some of them will have also played a more general batman game I've made beforehand (where I made goodguys the mafia and badguys the town), but the roles and scum faction/s will not be the same this time around (though, some traditional badguys may turn out to be town and some traditional goodguys may turn out scum).

Feel free to ask any questions if you have, I'll be glad to answer when I get home tomorrow.

1. Eniah - Sent
    2. Lysah - Sent
    3. Robozerim - Sent
    4. Worgenite - Sent
    5. Keleb - Sent
    6. Dyra - Sent
    7. Majad - Sent
    8. BrandonC - Sent
    9. Anakso - Sent
    10. Elyaan - Sent
    11. Arlee - Sent
    12. listo95 - Sent
    13. Kel - Sent
    14. Kapaya - Sent
    15. Mumble85 - Sent
    16. Silkku - Sent
    17. foxximcleod - Sent; Breaking for Dinner and stuff.
    18. Nightfury Treann - Sent; Finished Dinner.
    19. Allysene - Sent
    20. rolo4804 - Sent
    21. The Dwarf Lover - Sent
    22. Firebert - Sent
    23. Decagon - Sent
    24. Kuthe - Sent
    25. Vanatos - Sent
    26. Krayzy - Sent
    27. Saint Sinner - Sent
    28. Faraway14 - Sent
    29. Falbacca - Sent
    30. Roose - Sent and Done!

Replacement:
    * Nuex
    * Celtic209

Game is full. Please feel free to sign up as a replacement if interested.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-01-08 at 02:36 AM. Reason: If I spell a name wrong, please let me know - wouldn't want to accidentally send a message to the wrong person.

Deleted
    This sounds very fun tbh, sign me up (I'm usually in most of the mafia games on here)

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 07:58 AM ----------

However, you should probably post this in the Fun stuff forum, rather than general off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eniah View Post
    However, you should probably post this in the Fun stuff forum, rather than general off-topic.
    Yeah, I must have been reading OT before I posted. My apologies, can a mod move it for me please?

Hope so, I'll play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally in on this game, looking forward to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be interesting I guess.

/sign me up

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I'm in if you don't feel you want help with modding the game, but perhaps Arlee will do that, and there wouldn't be much I'd dare to anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm up for giving it a try. We'll have to get you an avatar though. :3

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    I'm in.

And who is this Greeney person? I've never seen him

10+ Year Old Account
    Count me in.

Deleted
    And oh, we are going to have new people, right?

This is going to be interesting. \ 0 /

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll join, should be fun.

Might as well also count me in.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you can trust me; I know how Greeney thinks...
    Last edited by BrandonC; 2013-01-04 at 03:38 PM. Reason: dagnab semicolons

Just wanted to say, for those of you new to the forums I would encourage you to make 10 posts in forums other than Fun Stuff to get your post count up to 10. Some times people with fewer get caught in the spam filter and that can cause issues with a Mafia game

Sounds fun, haven't played mafia online yet, only IRL, so sign me up if that's alright!

Deleted
    I'll join in. And there will be a few new members to this site Majab Brandonc and I are both from another site where we used to do Mafia Games with Greeney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Just wanted to say, for those of you new to the forums I would encourage you to make 10 posts in forums other than Fun Stuff to get your post count up to 10. Some times people with fewer get caught in the spam filter and that can cause issues with a Mafia game
    Not to mention that you won't be able to respond to your confirmation pm unless you have 10 posts. Maybe one day I'll get more than the bare minimum. Maybe.