Thread: Loose ends!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Loose ends!

so i was just mauling over certain things in game that kinda left off on cliffhanger that i would like to see wrapped up or continued on and it made me wonder if any other felt the same way, which ones they were, or hell which ones do i not remember or know of. personally the biggy ones i wanna see are
    1.) what the hell is under tirisfal glades and why do the faeries meet up?
    2.) where, how and what are koltira and thassarian doing?
    3.) where is sylvanas sister and what has she been up to? (alleria )
    4.) is king magni ever gonna recover from being turned to diamond?
    5.) where exactly is dalaran going?
    6.) are we gonna get any more story/lore on Aysa and Ji
    7.) who took the fragments of frostmourne and what are they planning on doing with em?
    Last edited by Valkryx; 2013-01-04 at 07:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran is going to thwomp Orgrimmar.

3.) where are sylvannas sisters and what have they been up to?
    Only Alleria is unaccorded for. Valeera has given birth to twins with Rhonin, and was outside Zul'Aman in 4.1. I think Valeera is also present during the alliance side of the Purge of Dalaran.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Only Alleria is unaccorded for. Valeera has given birth to twins with Rhonin, and was outside Zul'Aman in 4.1. I think Valeera is also present during the alliance side of the Purge of Dalaran.
    I think you mean Vereesa.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    yea i did only mean the one that was an error on my part for typing faster than i can think, i mean hell i even spelled Sylvanas name wrong. i know Vereesa is still around, i mean she just pushed for the slaughtering in dalaran. =( <made the correction>
    Last edited by Valkryx; 2013-01-04 at 07:21 AM.

2) Koltira is imprisoned.
    3)Vereesa is purging hordes from Dalaran. Alleria is still missing with Turalyon.
    4)dunno, that's not exactly a "loose end".
    5) wait and see? that's not a loose end.
    6)maybe?
    7) blizzard didn't say anything other than "Someone Smart", personally I think the era of Frostmourne is over.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 - people speculate that its an old god, but i think i read somewhere a blue posted that its not so i honestly am not sure. maybe its the place the council meets to elect a new guardian.

2 - koltira was dragged to the basement of undercity for helping thassarian in the epl questline around andorhal. hes being reprimended by sylvannas if i remember correctly.

3 - alleria went with turalyon and danath into outlands for the expedition at the end of the second war. danath turned up in hellfire penn. but turalyon and alleria were mia throughout BC if i recall. i also seen a blue post somewhere that they are alive and quite well actually. i expect them to make a return to the scene in the next expansion. vereesa is the leader of the silver covenant and was married to rhonin before his death at theramore. i suspect shes plotting revenge and could become an antagonist at some point

4 - i didnt ever quest as a dwarf so i know little about magni's condition, cant help you there sorry. since cairne is dead however i think its safe to say he may stay a diamond forever as well

5 - if i were a guessing man id say dalaran is going to one of three possible locations. one back to its orignal location in the alterac mountains, hovering or landing in the theramore crater, or possibly as a staging point when the siege for orgimmar is released.

6 - judging from those names i suspect those are pandas. unfortunately i havent followed much on their lore so i cannot say anything about them

7 - if im not mistaken the remains of frostmourne are currently unknown.

sorry if i got anything wrong, its been awhile since ive played WoW but i do try and keep up to date on all its happenings as i am a long time fan of the lore. i started playing back in 1994 and have played every warcraft game since with the exception of MoP. i hope to eventually pick it up and see all the story as everything ive read about it has been really good

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of stuff that I'm mauling over too. However, I don't know where to begin with explaining myself. I'll try to answer your questions though.

1.) what the hell is under tirisfal glades and why do the faeries meet up? Northern portal to the Emerald Dream? No idea.

2.) where, how and what are koltira and thassarian doing? Koltira is being tortured and Thassarian is sunbathing.

3.) where is sylvanas sister and what has she been up to? (alleria ) Alleria is probably living in Outland somewhere or maybe she isn't? She is doing well though.

4.) is king magni ever gonna recover from being turned to diamond? I couldn't tell you that exactly. Maybe we will find out it's curable.

5.) where exactly is dalaran going? Dalaran belongs to the Alliance. We are installing laser pointers.

6.) are we gonna get any more story/lore on Aysa and Ji I'd like to hear more about them as well, but they're both young to the Alliance and Horde.

7.) who took the fragments of frostmourne and what are they planning on doing with em? It's currently unavailable. I'm sure the shards were taken by Tirion. Sadly, I feel that something is stirring with him and Shadowmourne fragments will be forged with Ashbringer. Reason they said Bolvar would have a future - maybe.
    Last edited by Ceece; 2013-01-04 at 07:44 AM.

yea sorry if i used "loose ends" wrongly i just mean lore thats unfinished or unexplained. as for koltira and thassarian i know koltira was imprisoned i did the stoy on both sides, thassarian then leaves from the alliance and says he is gonna go pay sylvanas a visit which makes me think he is going to go and try to recue koltira but it just leaves off there...

another one came to mind also btw, will chromatus ever make an appearance and will we get to fight him, i think he would make an epic raid encounter.
    Last edited by Valkryx; 2013-01-04 at 07:49 AM.

From this article: "He [Chris Metzen] also revealed they have plans for Turalyon and Alleria in the next expansion after Mists of Pandaria."

Quote Originally Posted by Valkryx View Post
    2.) where, how and what are koltira and thassarian doing?
    3.) where is sylvanas sister and what has she been up to? (alleria )
    4.) is king magni ever gonna recover from being turned to diamond?
    5.) where exactly is dalaran going?
    6.) are we gonna get any more story/lore on Aysa and Ji
    7.) who took the fragments of frostmourne and what are they planning on doing with em?
    1) It was confirmed by blues to NOT be an old God. But it was supposed to be something disturbing all the same. Not sure what to make of it with the current lore.
    2) Kolitra is imprisoned, Thassarian went looking for him.
    3) MIA
    4) Not sure; perhaps with some of this new Mogu flesh-stone-flesh magic he might have a chance...
    5) To bring a world of pain to a lot of Horde
    6) I'm sure we will when Orgrimmar is besieged. I seem to recall someone saying Ji will pay terribly for his choices, so who knows, maybe Garrosh will stick a Sha in him and he ends up a raid boss.
    7) Didn't say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was that psycho Sylvanas. She really needs to be put down.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    7) Didn't say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was that psycho Sylvanas. She really needs to be put down.

the only problem with that theory is that it was in a story of sylvanas, in her PoV, that we learned the fragments were taken, if it hadnt been for that i woulda put all my gold on sylvanas too.

the only problem with that theory is that it was in a story of sylvanas, in her PoV, that we learned the fragments were taken, if it hadnt been for that i woulda put all my gold on sylvanas too.
    Iunno then. I'll go with something unlikely but interesting and say Mal'ganis took them, while possessing some Argent Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Iunno then. I'll go with something unlikely but interesting and say Mal'ganis took them, while possessing some Argent Crusader.
    that is an interesting thought actually, and im glad you mentioned Mal'ganis he is another loose end, last we saw of him we got him to 1% health in CoS and he swore revenge at us and arthas while saying we would never be able to end the LK without his forces and that he had to gather his strength on the homeworld. he never made an appearance in ICC to defeat arthas but he did swear to get his revenge on us and is still alive plotting away.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that is an interesting thought actually, and im glad you mentioned Mal'ganis he is another loose end, last we saw of him we got him to 1% health in CoS and he swore revenge at us and arthas while saying we would never be able to end the LK without his forces and that he had to gather his strength on the homeworld. he never made an appearance in ICC to defeat arthas but he did swear to get his revenge on us and is still alive plotting away.
    it is quite possible that its a dreadlord since according to what ive read frostmourne was crafted by the nathrezim. it would only make sense that they would want to take the remains of the sword. possibly use them to reforge sargeras' weapon gorribal. combine the shards with gorribal to make gorrimourne? lol thats fairly far fetched i know

10+ Year Old Account
    My theory is that it's a polluted Titan area of power, like Un'goro crater and Sholazar Basin (possibly also the Vale of Eternal Blossoms). So far the eastern kingdoms is the only continent that doesn't appear to have such a region.

I know, right? Presumably it was someone benevolent though, since the Ashen Verdict was right there. They gotta be under lock and key somewhere.

What OP said and
    - Continuation to Arathi Highlands conflict.
    - What's up with Calia Menethil? Is she or is she not dead, and if she isn't then does she plan to do anything about Lordaeron?
    - I hear Kul Tiras is moving around the world. Where will it be and how well does the nation fare when it finally gets implemented into WoW?
    - What's up with Magatha? Iirc she gained possession of an artifact of some sort in 1000 Needles, so... what does she intend to do with it?
    - Gallywix.
    - Any plans for Alterac? It's not even part of current leveling progress anymore.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    My theory is that it's a polluted Titan area of power, like Un'goro crater and Sholazar Basin (possibly also the Vale of Eternal Blossoms). So far the eastern kingdoms is the only continent that doesn't appear to have such a region.
    Unless I'm misremembering my chronology, EK was still part of Kalim when the Titans left, and there doesn't appear to be any evidence of former Titan presence there (guardians, etc).

The actual blue convo:
    Q: Is there truly an Old God underneath the Tirisfal Glade?
    A: Nope! There’s something incredibly unsettling there, but it’s not an Old God. It isn’t recommended to go digging through the Glades, though.

As for #6:
    I'm sure in future xpacs we'll see them present for "dignitary" visits, etc. For this xpac, tho, I imagine they're done.

As for #4:

"So King Magni didn't wanna become a diamond? That's really sad.
    Hey, shamans work with rocks and the earth all the time, right? Maybe one day, they'll be able to help him become a dwarf again!"

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29106

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    What OP said and
    - Continuation to Arathi Highlands conflict.
    AH seems like a blank slate to continue the Horde v Alliance story on (Forsaken pushing in, Dwarves securing the Span, etc.), however there was a blue post that indicated no plans.

- Any plans for Alterac? It's not even part of current leveling progress anymore.
    The Horde questline in Hillsbrad briefly sends you up there to talk to the commander (and in the Orkus quests you encounter the Alliance leaders), but it appears Blizzard is satisfied to make it its own self-contained PVP zone, not very different from ZG being mostly empty when you quest through STV.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    7.) who took the fragments of frostmourne and what are they planning on doing with em? It's currently unavailable. I'm sure the shards were taken by Tirion. Sadly, I feel that something is stirring with him and Shadowmourne fragments will be forged with Ashbringer. Reason they said Bolvar would have a future - maybe.
    And he'd forge it into FrostBringer

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    And he'd forge it into FrostBringer
    And for that, he'd need Magni. It all connects!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.