Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    would the graphics card really be the problem, i was always under the impression the game was more cpu dependant than gpu.
    It is, but keep in mind that OP has a *30 (530 in this case) card, which is essentially 'HTPC'. It is not a card designed for gaming at all and is strictly intended for video playback and office use.

When you get into the 'gaming' area of GPUs, performance improves by perhaps 10-20% for each 'higher end' model. Once you drop below that though, performance losses are massive for each 'level' of GPU that you drop.

Or another way to put it, the card has about 10-20% the power of a "proper" graphics card. Its only slightly faster than integrated GPUs, and about the same as an old NVIDIA 8800.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2013-01-04 at 08:04 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    you can pick up an nvidia gtx 460 for around $100. i got one when i first built my machine almost 2 years ago and its been one of the best vid cards ive ever had. a lot of the gtx line is pretty good and any of them would most likely work in your computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a HUGE speed increase when I changed out all my internet cables. I was using old cables, and they did not have the through put to match my modem and computer.

Spend the money on top shelf cables, it is worth it.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I got a HUGE speed increase when I changed out all my internet cables. I was using old cables, and they did not have the through put to match my modem and computer.

What does this have to do with video/visual rendering lol?

Deleted
    Wow. Thanks for all the replies so quick... O.o Coming faster than I can read and comprehend them, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post

Internet connection or latency aren't issues though, they work fine.

Look, your GPU is bottlenecking your CPU. In large outdoor areas where you are alone and see far into the distance, your gpu will be doing most the job. Your video card is comparable to gaming cards from 2004 approx. Always check for the cheapest gaming card if on a budget, don't get a HTPC card meant to play flash games and 1080p videos. Games and videos are completely different to eachother.

For WoW today you should at least have: GTX650/HD7750. Those cards will not be able to max the game though. To max the game you are looking at GTX660/HD7850.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by titcch View Post
    WoW is completely CPU based but on the other hand you still have to have a decent graphics card. Unfortunately your card is made for running peggle and not World of Warcraft! A new upgrade is only going to fix your problem :P

Low FPS in Warcraft is not because of the graphics. We all know they're outdated! It's mainly because there is so much going off at once. The more people you're AFKing in Stormwind/Orgrimmar with will result in you getting lower FPS.

I run a HD7970 overclocked and an i7 watercooled/overclocked and I get around 30-40 fps on a high population realm yet in a game such as FarCry3 I have more FPS on Ultra settings.
    Proved wrong time and time again. WoW has an old engine, but that engine has been expanded upon the last 8 years. "Outdated" graphics certainly don't mean that it's a software-renderable game, and that's almost what OP managed to do.
    You would almost be better off turning off that graphics card and running it off the integrated HD4000.

OP, you basically got a heavy laptop with no screen. It's a cheap moneymaking trick.
    You could check if WoW is using all cores, limiting affinity to 0,2,4,6 or trying affinity to all/1-2 cores.
    There isn't much to do about the graphics card other than making sure it's in DX11 mode, making sure Ambient Occlusion isn't on in the Nvidia settings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    My problem is quite the opposite. Dungeons and raids are perfectly ok, but outdoor fps (while flying, for example) can drop to 20 or below.
    then it looks like your gpu can't handle the amount of textures it needs to load while outdoor. does changing the distance view do anyting?
    if so. grab your pc go to the shop and ask for a better gpu.

Can he even run a 650(TI?) on his system? The page OP linked says that the system has a 350W PSU, and 650 requires 400W or greater. You'd have to change PSU and GPU, PSU of ~600W is around 70$ and for GPU I suggest the 650 TI that was linked, which is around $140-170.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Can he even run a 650(TI?) on his system? The page OP linked says that the system has a 350W PSU, and 650 requires 400W or greater. You'd have to change PSU and GPU, PSU of ~600W is around 70$ and for GPU I suggest the 650 TI that was linked, which is around $140-170.
    Ah I didn't catch that! Yea this is true, I kind of feel bad for the guy in a way. He bought something expecting to be able to do something, and turns out he can't. I know how down I would feel after finding out, this very situation is why my less knowledgeable family members come to me, before they buy a computer to make sure its at least decent.

Sad part is I don't think ASUS would take the PC back or I would say try and do that, he should of went to someone like ibuypower, digitalstorm, origin, or some other pc builder. If he lacks the knowledge of what he needs to execute what he wants for a budget, they would of told him exactly what they can give him for his money and this situation could of been avoided...now he has the choice of living with the bad performance, or swapping out the PSU and GPU...
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2013-01-04 at 11:33 AM.