How long does it take to get the "Conqueror" title?

I really want the title, which you get when getting exalted with Warsong Outriders (H-WSG), The Defilers (H-AB), and Frostwolf Clan (H-AV). I'm currently friendly on WSG and AB, and honored in AV. To those that already have the title, how long did it take you, if you intentionally ground/grinded (?) the rep?

The AV part is easy enough, I think AB takes around 400 wins and WSG takes 1200 flag caps. Now, you can reduce it by 10% from the guild perk, a bit more if you plant guild banners. In AB you should get roughly half the rep of a win if you lose, so in total maybe 550 games or so, assuming a 50% win ratio. It's a long grind, so I suggest running a lot of 5 man premades.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i had exalted wsg/ab/av before BC was released. i pvped A LOT when i played. i started playing in early 2005 i believe but didnt start to take the game seriously for a few months. i honestly couldnt tell you how long it took but it was several months before BC was released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do it at a lower level with heirlooms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i had exalted wsg/ab/av before BC was released. i pvped A LOT when i played. i started playing in early 2005 i believe but didnt start to take the game seriously for a few months. i honestly couldnt tell you how long it took but it was several months before BC was released.
    It was super easy to get Conqueror before BC because you could use the tokens for rep (you would surely remember that if you got it in vanilla like you claim), but you can't anymore so it's a pretty long grind.

On the bright side getting Conqueror might be a bit easier than Justicar since horde tends to win more in WSG

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what class you are, if your a druid you can get wsg much faster because we can cap the flag so fast. My old toon had most of his rep from bc when I was elite at capping the flag.

Also if you are a human you will get it much faster.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Is it possible to earn the achievement with requirements split in different toons? Say, can I grind rep for WSG on my druid and then AB on my DK, and so on?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    It was super easy to get Conqueror before BC because you could use the tokens for rep (you would surely remember that if you got it in vanilla like you claim), but you can't anymore so it's a pretty long grind.

On the bright side getting Conqueror might be a bit easier than Justicar since horde tends to win more in WSG
    i never said it was hard to get, just time consuming. i was also in a guild that had our servers first two hwl's and first two rank 14s overall on both sides. all in all i think our guild produced 5 or 6 rank 14s so needless to say all we did was pvp so naturally yes it was fairly easy for me to get my conquer title.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes Dagon View Post
    Is it possible to earn the achievement with requirements split in different toons? Say, can I grind rep for WSG on my druid and then AB on my DK, and so on?
    i dont think thats how it works, i think they all have to be on one toon

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes Dagon View Post
    Not right now. Currently you need to greencheck each faction within the achievement.

For it to become solvable by seperate toons, there would have to be an achievement for every faction and 'The Conqueror' to be changed into tracking those three achievements.

Long. Very long. Well, av is np, luckily, even with my pathetic win/loss ratio. I'm not even halfway with wsg and ab. I remember back in tbc,when I saw a belf hunter with the conqueror title, and I was baffled
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    The League of Arathor rep is a pain in the ass, a very very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    The title is not account wide, but hey you get an alt with the title!

Deleted
    Takes a good while to cap out warsong rep, you need 1200 flag caps to get exalted, which is 400 wins with a 3-0 score, you wont win all either and far from all will be a 3 flag win, so its probably closer to 1000 games if you do decently, if not this can spike of real good. Arathi basin is something similar in time it takes. Alterac valley goes quickly though because of how the reputation works there, in total you would probably have to do somewhere around 2000-2500 battlegrounds assuming you queue specific and not random.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-01-04 at 12:35 PM.

WSG is the worst part of it, AB is only half as bad as WSG, AV is easy if you are able to loot bodies and do turn-ins/quests. i got the title on a 70 going into WOTLK, don't remember the BGS it took and how long, but i did have about 90000+ kills when i got the title.

which brings me to another point, i saw a player once in SW had 11436 kills and had justicar title (conqueror) i asked him how and he said he got in van-wow when there was a repeatible turn in quest for WSG and AB factions. you turned in the marks for rep, they took 1 or 3, so rep went really fast.

i researched it and he was right, there where issues with players AFK botting BGs, collecting these and by 60 insta-popping PVP gear. blizz wiped the system rather than fix the AFK issue at that time. many of those players had a huge advantage going into BC because blizz did not wipe or set-up a refund system when they started the 75000 honor cap, so those over raced to 70 and insta popped the first blue PVP set with ease.

blizz learned from this and when later redoing the honor system and caps they refunded you with gold for the amount you are over the cap. no more grandfathering or carry overs
    Last edited by pinkz; 2013-01-05 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i never said it was hard to get, just time consuming. i was also in a guild that had our servers first two hwl's and first two rank 14s overall on both sides. all in all i think our guild produced 5 or 6 rank 14s so needless to say all we did was pvp so naturally yes it was fairly easy for me to get my conquer title.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:40 AM ----------

i dont think thats how it works, i think they all have to be on one toon

time consuming = hard

What i meant it was WAY less time consuming in vanilla than it is now, like 10 times less time consuming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    This

Or if you're level 90, then find friends to faceroll randoms in bgs. Solo queuing random bgs is the slowest way to get exalted with WSG/AB factions. The reason for this should be obvious.

Oh and another point to make. The more you think about the grind, the longer it takes mentally. If I were you, I wouldn't even look at the reputation tab and just play the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The more you think about the grind, the longer it takes mentally. If I were you, I wouldn't even look at the reputation tab and just play the game.
    I think this is the best point in this thread to be honest.

The best advice I can give you is to /afk out of WSG the instant the enemy team captures the flag once. Your patience is your most important resource here, and comebacks are so rare that chasing after them will only wear you down mentally. Besides, it's not as if you're screwed for things to do in this game when you've got the debuff; go do something else and try again once it wears off.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    time consuming = hard

What i meant it was WAY less time consuming in vanilla than it is now, like 10 times less time consuming
    You used to get 35 per cap, 105 for 3 caps and 50 extra for winning (not 100% on whether it was 35 or 50 tbh) along with 3 marks which could be turned in for some honor + 250 rep. So it used to be about 3 times faster, not 10 :P The reason it was much faster was that if you ran with premades, you would usually cap all the flags (or 5-cap in AB) extremely quickly, meaning lots of wins in a short amount of time. And we used to do it pretty much all day - no arenas, this was the competitive pvp system.

Deleted
    it took me vanilla tbc and half wotlk enjoy

this title is not shared account wide either.
    Last edited by mmoc75ff9691d6; 2013-01-05 at 05:38 PM.