Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    worldoflogs . com /reports /rt-cttyps6a0f978dwg/ details/23/?s=3121&e=3561

    After another raid in terrace, I'm back.
    From the same armory, I'm sure you can tell my gear is a lot better
    so I was wondering by comparing these logs, is there anything else I'm still doing wrong or can do better.
    (yes, I fail on tsulong day phase)

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by LordGithany View Post
    worldoflogs . com /reports /rt-cttyps6a0f978dwg/ details/23/?s=3121&e=3561

    After another raid in terrace, I'm back.
    From the same armory, I'm sure you can tell my gear is a lot better
    so I was wondering by comparing these logs, is there anything else I'm still doing wrong or can do better.
    (yes, I fail on tsulong day phase)
    None of those fights can show us what we need to see in order to tell you how to improve your game. There are few fights where we can really see what's going on, to be honest. Vizier Zorlock, Feng the Accursed and such are those fights. Fights like Lei Shi have too many annoying gimicks that distort your dps depending on the overall group's performance.

  3. #43
    you can look ranking infro and compare how you have done against other warlocks doing these fights

  4. #44
    As far as ilvl is concerned, I am 489 and have no trouble routinely being top 3 or even first on our kills. Gear is 5% of the problem here and his playstyle or rotation or something is the other 95%.

    He is wearing blue shoulders which still doesn't explain 50k dps on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok unless he/she died. It's not his gear.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LordGithany View Post
    As a new warlock, and new caster, having played melee/tank since TBC I'd like to thank you all for the tips, and I'd welcome and further tips, but I ask you to remember that I have not been a warlock very long, I dinged 90 on the 17th of December, having played only 5 days to get there. So my knowledge of warlock is improving daily and I'm definitely prone to making mistakes.

    I'm changing my gemming this weekend towards mastery, as my gear is now at the level where mastery is better, Askmrrobot's hit focused weights were the fault of my reforges, which are being changed - I now have the haste requirement mentioned by dropping me hit to 11.5%, which will drop again on sunday if that trinket mentioned above doesn't drop.

    So far, I'd say I've geared quickly but the loot dropping for me isn't always the best, Weapon and trinket drops primarily are never dropping the ones I need for affliction, and if they do, someone else wins them. I understand that my rep is lower than it should be as I've not been able to do 25 dailies every day due to work + christmas/new year (which I was ill over) although, even if it was higher I doubt I'd have the valor points to make use of it.

    I'd rather not spec to destro, I enjoy affliction and I just need time, comparing me to an experiences warlock in what ever gear isn't technically fair. I'd also like tips on addons and interface, my interface is a mess currently and I can never find the addons that work well for me, but with some of the suggestions here, I'm getting closer to a comfortable setup.

    I'm not making excuses for my DPS, and blaming it on gear, I know I'm making mistakes mainly due to me not finding any useful guides that actually describe what's going on rather than do this do that, not one guide mentioned what to use to refresh dots, how to refresh dots with procs, (not that I get many procs with just tailoring cloak enchant) or how to correctly manage Haunt, I felt like the guides available expected you to have played warlock previously and know somewhat what you are doing.

    So thank you for the tips, It'll take some practice to get used to the addons and perfecting the rotation or when to refresh dots or when to use haunt, and all the other tips as I said, I'm very new to casters/warlocks and this is all new to me.

    Question though: Is it beneficial to take MF and SB:CoS/CoS Elegon during the orb phase of that encounter on 10 man, or is that only for 25? I've only read of that recently, beforehand I didn't know how to maximize affliction DPS on that encounter so I was switching to Destro to one shot orbs with chaos bolt, or take them down faster with single target.
    As soon as you get into mmo-champion.com click on forums. Then scroll down and click on warlock. The very first sticky you will see is Sticky: Affliction Warlock and Encounter Specific Guides click this. The video posted by Evrelia will explain everything including how to update dots during whatever buff you get and will answer any other rotational/situational questions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •