Thread: Set breaker

Set breaker

Should I use the garalon Hc head or the lei shi HC chest for a setbreaker?

10+ Year Old Account
    as affliction the chest - demo uses heroic empress leggings

I play destro/affli, so im going with chest then.

Deleted
    Garalon hc head unless you've got the hc head from Sha of Fear.

Also it should be very equal, in either case you end up with getting crit on an item.

Deleted
    So why the last sim use garalon HC for aff ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Garalon hc head unless you've got the hc head from Sha of Fear.

Also it should be very equal, in either case you end up with getting crit on an item.
    This is what I've planned on using - it's easier to get this combo since it "only" requires heroic Empress, using Lei Shi's chest suggests you're going to be getting the heroic tier helm, which is a pretty daunting challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by XaMou View Post
    So why the last sim use garalon HC for aff ?
    Because it's wrong. Pixul is right - here is the comparison on WoWhead for Affliction: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....76668.0.0.0.2

Granted, Heroic tier helm is obviously the hardest piece to get, but BiS is BiS.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Because it's wrong. Pixul is right - here is the comparison on WoWhead for Affliction: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....76668.0.0.0.2

Granted, Heroic tier helm is obviously the hardest piece to get, but BiS is BiS.
    screenshotting this for life, people never let me be right... even when im right

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    This is what I've planned on using - it's easier to get this combo since it "only" requires heroic Empress, using Lei Shi's chest suggests you're going to be getting the heroic tier helm, which is a pretty daunting challenge.
    This is definitely true by the way, luckily for myself ive already got my heroic tier helm :O

Glancing at that comparison here is what I see from the stats that matter:

Garalon Helm + Tier Chest: 1224 Haste
    Tier Helm + Lei Shi Chest: 300 Int 11 Mastery

With those numbers as long as haste is rated .33 higher than int (which for me it's closer to .6) then the Garalon Helm + Tier Chest is better. The Garalon Helm combo also has a yellow socket in place of a blue for the other combo. This color means you will get a socket bonus using a gem that will be worth more dps.
    Last edited by Harsesis; 2013-01-05 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Glancing at that comparison here is what I see from the stats that matter:

Garalon Helm + Tier Chest: 1224 Haste
    Tier Helm + Lei Shi Chest: 300 Int 11 Mastery

With those numbers as long as haste is rated .33 higher than int (which for me it's closer to .6) then the Garalon Helm + Tier Chest is better. The Garalon Helm combo also has a yellow socket in place of a blue for the other combo. This color means you will get a socket bonus using a gem that will be worth more dps.
    If you want to count for stats that matter then this is what I got. And this is assuming we are talking about a BiS list and that would mean Haste, Mastery and Hit are pretty even as far as values go.

t14 helm + Lei She chest

Crit 710
    Hit 705
    Haste 0
    Mastery 1774

gems 320 hit, 640 mastery
    socket bonus 300 int

3439 in secondary stats ( Haste,Mastery, hit ) while not including the socket bonuses.

Xaril + t14 chest

Crit 894
    Hit
    Haste 1530
    Mastery 820

gems 160 hit, 800 mastery
    socket bonus 180 mastery, 180 haste

3310 in secondary stats ( Haste, Mastery, Hit) while not including the socket bonuses.

300 Intellect ( tier helm + Lei Shi ) vs 360 secondary ( Xaril + tier chest).

Tier helm with the Lei Shi is a clear winner by a large margin. The 894 crit on the tier chest and the set bonuses don't help the tier chest+ Xaril's hood.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Deleted
    I think the main point of using Garalon's head as setbreaker is that once you've got the HC Tier head, the rest no longer matters. You've cleared the game and the BIS is only really for next tier's prep. Which still matters, but for me personally HC Tier head isn't even an option yet.