Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Todays PVP online comic was wow related and kinda funny, so thought I would share it
    http://pvponline.com/comic/2013/01/0...ks-like-a-fish

Deleted
    That T-rex'ish mount is going be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to Oondasta's place on the PTR is hilarious, the whole place is covered in bones from ppl dying to him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musky View Post
    Todays PVP online comic was wow related and kinda funny, so thought I would share it
    http://pvponline.com/comic/2013/01/0...ks-like-a-fish
    That wasn't funny.

Deleted
    I would like to see Blood Legion or any other hardcore guild get down Oondasta had a raid for him yesterday barely got him down to 85%. Throne of the Thunder outdoors looks good. Hopefully Nalak will be as hard as Oondasta is.

I'm coming back to WoW after a 6 year break. What's changed?
    They found Mankrik's wife. (Source)

5.2 patch notes are amazing for pvp. Who are you and what have you done with Chilton and Street?
    They are bound and gagged in the basement, forced to play Axis and Allies until 5.2 ships. (Source)

^^ never new blues could be so fucking funny, lost it laughing on the mankrik call

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could post on the EU forums, Vaneras is so wrong about the cap. In Wrath, there was technically no cap on badges, but in order to acquire the maximum amount (four raids per week, all the heroics every day) which no one really ever did. Oh, sure, I'm certain there were some really ridiculously hardcore people out there who capped all the high-tier badges each week, but I think their numbers were sufficiently low that it doesn't really matter. There is always going to be that small group of players who takes every tiny advantage and runs with it. I commend them for trying to even the playing field, but they're just making it more awkward for everyone with these arbitrary caps. It doesn't feel very good to know that after you're capped, if you do anything that earns VP you're basically pissing it away.

I get why it's there, but before caps, no one felt it was absolutely essential to cap every week if you're serious about raiding. Then caps were introduced and now we do. That tells me more about players and caps than Blizzard seems to be seeing.

i remember blizzard said one world boss was going to be easier and respawn more like sha and the other would be more like galleon. can anyone confirm whether or not thats the t-rex? i hope ill Actually get to kill him before 5.4 O-O

I think Oondasta is going to be fun....not.
    We have about 4 10-man raiding guilds on the server(yeah..you read that right...4 10players)....of which the best one has 2 heroic bosses down(yeah..you read that right. Best and 2) and is preparing to leave the server.
    What this means for Oondasta you can guess...well....at least there won't be piles of bones around him on my server(he will likely be standing around in vain...just like the darmoon-rabbit usually does). ;-)
    Last edited by Pacster; 2013-01-04 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I think Oondasta is going to be fun....not.
    We have about 4 10-man raiding guilds on the server(yeah..you read that right...4 10players)....of which the best one has 2 heroic bosses down(yeah..you read that right. Best and 2) and is preparing to leave the server.
    What this means for Oondasta you can guess...well....at least there won't be piles of bones around him on my server(he will likely be standing around in vain...just like the darmoon-rabbit usually does). ;-)
    And how is Oondasta any different from the other world bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I love ruins in games, but i always find myself wanting to see what stuff looked like before it fell to pieces.
    Which is kind of the cool thing about the Well of Eternity heroic, getting to see Night Elf ruins covered in paint and all regal.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Oondasta inspiration?

Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    And how is Oondasta any different from the other world bosses?
    Well, I expect Oondasta to be harder than the others...and frankly...we hardly manage to get 2(!!!) successful raids on Sha done per week just with players from our server. I think on a dead server like mine you will need all of the remaining 40 best players of my server to be online at a time to get Oondasta down....which will hardly ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Well, I expect Oondasta to be harder than the others...and frankly...we hardly manage to get 2(!!!) successful raids on Sha done per week just with players from our server. I think on a dead server like mine you will need all of the remaining 40 best players of my server to be online at a time to get Oondasta down....which will hardly ever happen.
    What abount CRZ? It should work fine with low populated servers like yours. Invite battle.net friend on the other server and invite people from both servers together.

Goddamn, look at the T-rex's damage numbers!

Deleted
    Valor Points Cap Feedback
    Im confused? You dont want people to feel like they have to cap every week? Why a cap then?

Well Blizzard doesnt like to confess it seems,,, if the cap would get removed, then theyr going to lose sucribers for sure, because the faster u get VP`s the faster u get the gear/items from Vendors, so yeah...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    In Wrath, there was technically no cap on badges, but in order to acquire the maximum amount (four raids per week, all the heroics every day) which no one really ever did. Oh, sure, I'm certain there were some really ridiculously hardcore people out there who capped all the high-tier badges each week, but I think their numbers were sufficiently low that it doesn't really matter. There is always going to be that small group of players who takes every tiny advantage and runs with it. I commend them for trying to even the playing field, but they're just making it more awkward for everyone with these arbitrary caps. It doesn't feel very good to know that after you're capped, if you do anything that earns VP you're basically pissing it away.

I get why it's there, but before caps, no one felt it was absolutely essential to cap every week if you're serious about raiding. Then caps were introduced and now we do. That tells me more about players and caps than Blizzard seems to be seeing.
    What? All you had to do was daily heroics, weekly raid boss and full clear of the current top tier raid, which we usually did after we were done with the progress for the week (plus the weekly quest in ICC past 3.3, but you did that with the clear). You couldn't farm heroics over and over again, you couldn't run endless chain of LFR to produce ridiculous amounts of the high tier emblems. And you only had to farm them until you had every piece of gear you needed for them. Now with the Valor upgrades, you never have to worry about not having anything to do with your VP.

How hard can it be to come up with a UI? They've been using that excuse sinse launch! Not even a hint that it will be in 5.2

Why not just have the roll of each boss justified by clicking a little icon representing which class you wish to roll for? So, today on each boss we either see a received gold or received loot from the bosses loot table, then we see an additional roll or don't roll button if we have a golden coin. Instead of seeing either of these things we would see two rolls if we have a golden coin, the second roll would have an X in the top right to pass, and both rolls would have 2 or 3 icons depending on how many different roles the class can play.

Maybe annoying with druids having 4 roles, or perhaps primary dps only having 1 but it's better than people queuing heal and just dps the entire LFR. The icons could be the same as in the talent trees page, very familiar and easy to acknowledge.

Blizzard has basically done a loot overhaul with this new system in LFR/sha, they might as well go the whole nine yards and make it feel and look different. (and better)

OR even simpler, how about adding an >arrow to the set Role in raid, and just have each possible role for for the class there.
    So something like:
    Set Role >>> Dps/Heals/Tank
    *click* tank>>>>>>
    Select Loot(checkbox?)
    Dps/Heals/Tank
    (check tank, check heals)

This I believe is what Blizzard is wanting to steer clear from with the extra click I guess, but only have to do it with a raid wide role check in sha, or just once in LFR. (or perhaps give the option to switch it per boss and just have it as a sub menu when you are setting your own role via right clicking your portrait)

There's 2 great ideas right there Blizz, they are all yours I don't need them! Anything to make lfr less of a pain for people . My luck in lfr hasn't been that bad but I don't really enjoy the system, and more player interactions is fun even with just the UI.

T-Rex just looks fucking ridiculous.

And not in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    T-Rex just looks fucking ridiculous.

And not in a good way.
    You're kidding right? He is a freaking T-rex with freaking lasers,how is that not awesome