Poll: Do you preffer your current raid size

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WTB 15 man raid answer as well! the developers keep mentioning that they would like to try this, but often say that they dont want to interfere with 10m and 25m groups that guilds have set in place, forcing them to either scrounge for more players, or make cuts to their core group. my answer to this is - test it out on raid finder. that doesnt interfere with any guild core groups and would be a nice way to test out what many to believe is the "sweet spot" for a raid group number. gogo 15m raids!!

Over 400 voters now, still need around 100 more for decent sample. The more the better ofc .

Deleted
    Well, I don't think you are going to get a good sample... Just look at the number that are in 10/25. If this was representative, there won't be any problem. At all. Half and half 10 and 25, everyone happy.

until such time as there is a benefit in level of challenge or reward to 25man I will happily stay ten.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, I don't think you are going to get a good sample... Just look at the number that are in 10/25. If this was representative, there won't be any problem. At all. Half and half 10 and 25, everyone happy.
    It's not half, it's around 70-30 so far. And wowprogress data show that around 90% of the guilds are 10 man. But at the same time every 25 man guild has much more raiders obviously so we can talk around roughly 80-20 ratio.
    In the end like I said earlier I can give even 10% of error margine which is a huge, huge one and we will have some rough picture.
    Last edited by Radalek; 2013-01-08 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Raided both formats and both have up and down sides. Currently raiding 10H progress.

10-man upsides:
    -Easier to find required number of competent people
    -More personal and higher responsibility
    10-man downsides:
    -Less loot and a lot of dependence on loot RNG (2 items dropping out of possible 15-25 on loot table - GL seeing what you want)
    -Less epic feeling

25-man upsides:
    -Feels like a real raid, something large scale
    -Less dependent on RNG with loot, gets more loot per person
    25-man downsides:
    -PC unfriendly
    -Hard to get required number of competent players
    -Much higher risk of random stuff happening (someone fails a mechanic, DCs etc)

Both formats are good and fun. I raid 10s now cos its damn near impossible to find 25 late night heroic-capable people on my server. Also I don't have really good PC to handle 25s at acceptable graphics level.

I'm in a 10 man and I'm quite happy with it.

I think ideally I'd prefer to be in a 25 man, but I only want to raid about two nights a week, and I have some specific times I can't raid (like wednesday night) which most 25s raid on. There are very few 25s that would work for me, and I'm currently in a guild that is pretty much perfect for me. So I'm perfectly content to be in a 10 man.

I think I'd prefer 25s because I raided a lot in Classic/TBC, but only recently got back into the raiding game after a long time out. 25/40 man is what I'm used to and the 10s feel small. I sort of miss the huge number of people I had in my guild in Classic and TBC. But I'm with a great group of people now, so it's all good.

More than 450 voters now, need 50 more to reach the goal from the start. The more the better ofc .

10+ Year Old Account
    25man and would like to stay in it.

10man feels too sterile, too much emptiness/too few people.

Deleted
    I tried both 10m and 25m and I do prefer 25m but I care most about the social aspect of the guild rather than raid-size, I would never stay in a 25m guild if I'm not having fun even if that would mean to switch to 10m again.

I like 10s - the smaller size means that you've got more chance to draw out shy people, and those are the ones with the most creative solutions and surprising points of view. It's too easy to get lost in a group of 25.

what about ppl who like both equally? ur poll needs more options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I like 10s - the smaller size means that you've got more chance to draw out shy people, and those are the ones with the most creative solutions and surprising points of view. It's too easy to get lost in a group of 25.
    This is a very good point. I know people who don't speak up in 25s, but are chatty cathys (and haha sorry I off the top of my head don't have a gender neutral term, but I've seen it in both genders) in 10s
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    This is a very good point. I know people who don't speak up in 25s, but are chatty cathys (and haha sorry I off the top of my head don't have a gender neutral term, but I've seen it in both genders) in 10s
    Some people are shy, true. But in my experience, given some time, they will start being chatty eventually regardless. Had some of those in my 25 man guild. They were shy once and now they wouldn't change our community that we have for anything else.

i voted 25 but i am on a 10player guild

would have prefered an 15p version vote

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in a 25man guild but heavy populated, left server and joined up too a medium pop 10 man guild and im loving it.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

There should be two more options:

Currently 25m, happy to be either 10 or 25
    Currently 10m, happy to be either 10 or 25

I really don't mind, I've been in both and they're each good in their own ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangemoon View Post
    I've raided 40-man, 25-man and now 10-man. Absolutely love 10's and would never go back to 25's. Majority of people who prefer 25's probably have never had to organize or lead a 25 man guild.
    Well at least 1 person out of those 25 must have...

Just because it's really difficult to do doesn't mean some people wouldn't still enjoy it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

So some % from the current standing in the poll.

Of the people who voted:

35% of 10 man raiders would rather be raiding 25s.
    13.5% of 25 man raiders would rather be raiding 10s.
    72% of raiders are happy with their current raid size.

10 best size by far and everyone knows and remember Karazhan as one of the greatest raids ever created.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    Over 400 voters now, still need around 100 more for decent sample. The more the better ofc .
    Not going to get a good enough sample size from a fan site since they are usually over saturated with more serious gamers and that will unbalance the poll data, Really same thing as ask white males in Alabama do you support Obama, even if you get 100k responses it will still most likely show a number that is not representing for the country as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    10 best size by far and everyone knows and remember Karazhan as one of the greatest raids ever created.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 11:44 PM ----------

Not going to get a good enough sample size from a fan site since they are usually over saturated with more serious gamers and that will unbalance the poll data, Really same thing as ask white males in Alabama do you support Obama, even if you get 100k responses it will still most likely show a number that is not representing for the country as a whole
    I am not saying that it's going to be completely precise, that's why I will give it 10% margin of error when all is said and done and that margin is quite quite huge.
    In the end, we will get some overall picture. I am also tempted to make a poll about what would people rather do if Blizzard 'upgrades' 25 man like they suggested they will to see the difference between two polls. But that will highly depend on what change they will come up with for 25 man in the end so I doubt I can make a proper poll for it sadly.