Page 1 of 3
LastLast

hydrophobia..and how now i feel bad.

you can call it a dick move and all but basically i pretended i dropped my mouse..the tank pulls the boss..im locked out the encounter...free achievement i did no work...
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    It's a super hard achievement to get, I understand why you had to find alternative means to get it.

not standing in the bad = doing work?

Deleted
    I actually managed to get that achievement the legit way.

But i understand you OP.

If you actually felt bad, you wouldn't be here posting about it. But clearly you just want people posting here, comparing you to Hitler for daring to slack and get an achievement without working for it. How fucking dare you.

I refuse to give you the satisfaction. You won't find me posting here- Wait. Fuck.

Deleted
    I personally like this achievement, because it challenges you more than a lot of raid mechanics. In raids you spent most time nuking the boss and occasionally you have to move a small distance until you are clear of said mechanics. In this fight you need to move properly as well as aim your jumps perfectly, while optimally doing your rotation correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually got this achievement earlier today legitimately in a complete random... Was very nice to see!
    If you actually feel bad for doing it then its not a big deal, just don't make a habit of it :P

So you cheated, you expect a medal because you come here and tell us? Maybe someone from your guild sees it and knows what you did now, can always wonder about that

its not a hard achievement. the same thing happened when people were doing http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2036 Intense cold and had lag issues.. or didnt want to rely on RNG in order to not get frozen and get dispelled. they would simply die before the boss was summoned for a free achievement.

Cool. I've done it the legit way on multiple characters, but I wouldn't mind carrying a scrub if he wanted the achievement.

Deleted
    oh, nice job.
    super hard achievement only doable by hardcore raiders, NO CASUALS ALLOWED ECKS DEE LEL
    </sarcasm>

No offense, but that achievement is so easy anyway, don't know why you wouldn't do it anyway. Everyone has done atleast a few Glory 5man achievements not noticing, might aswell grab a mount while at it.
    Last edited by mmocdd4fd472cb; 2013-01-04 at 11:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i saw the title and i was wondering if you pushed a hydrophobic in to a pool or something =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say this Achievement is bugged. Even if you are not in the water you can get hit, atleast I have been each time I tried. Ofcourse I got it after a few tries even though I did nothing different on each try.

Deleted
    did the same

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I would say this Achievement is bugged. Even if you are not in the water you can get hit, atleast I have been each time I tried. Ofcourse I got it after a few tries even though I did nothing different on each try.
    It also fails the achievement if you get hit by the bubble burst or his hydrolance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    This one? Because if that's the one you mean then it's not bugged, it hits everything in front of the boss when he does it but can can easily see where he is going to do it by looking at the water and see which side is "bubbling"

I killed myself during a Sartharion pug back in the day for Gonna Go When the Volcano Blows (before 3D was zergable).

I DCed and the battle res bugged, guise. Oh cool, an achievement.

Seriously though, Hydrophobia isn't difficult. I have it on all 3 of my 90s. It's like It's Not Easy Being Green from ZG; everything is easily avoidable. I guess I understand being lame for achievements though.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-01-04 at 07:49 PM.

Curious if a DK can still get the achievement if they walk into the water with AMS up or AMZ active over an area with water. I already have it on mine but sometime after getting it I noticed that with AMS you essentially get unlimited RP standing in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightzknight View Post
    I personally like this achievement, because it challenges you more than a lot of raid mechanics. In raids you spent most time nuking the boss and occasionally you have to move a small distance until you are clear of said mechanics. In this fight you need to move properly as well as aim your jumps perfectly, while optimally doing your rotation correctly.
    If only that last statement were true. As a ranged, doing that is nearly impossible if you want the achievement.

P.S. the other way to get the achievement is to (intentionally or otherwise) fail and die to the sha puddles before the boss is pulled. Happened by accident to a guild once, and I pretty much hated him that moment. Either way, doing it legit as others have said is not very difficult.

And for DK's, no, because you would still have taken damage which is absorbed, so I don't think it would count. It's the same as if I went in with a power word: shield on me.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-01-04 at 09:22 PM.

The hardest part of this is getting to the "fighting area" without accidentally stepping in water. Especially as a warlock the second phase is easy if you set portals far enough away that you just keep DPSing and teleporting instead of running the circle around the boss