Poll: NO WISHFUL THINKING: Leave that for the comments below!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    They pretty much wrapped up the Emerald Dream in the book (Stormrage) and Cataclysm. They might use Azshara as one of the first raid tiers kind of how Vashj was in TBC, and Nzoth later on. We all know KJ will be one of the raid bosses (because he didn't die in the Sunwell), and Velen might have some involvement there (they were great friends at some point). And then there's Sargeras, whom I think will be the End Boss of the next Expansion. But if he dies then what's left? He's the biggest villain of them all, bigger than any Old God. They might make an Old God themed expansion after this, but they would need to finish up the lore for that as Dave Kosak said. Who knows what the future lies in store for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    lol, believe what you want dude.
    Not a "dude" first. And since you've nothing at all to say in response, I'll retort to your one-liner: I'll wait for something of actual substance to be put forth based on the next expansion by the people whose words actually matter (not your fanwank); you may believe whatever tripe you contrive out of deliberately vague subject matter, just don't try to pass it off as facts.

Not going to lie, I don't think WoW is going to end with Sargeras.
    Blizzard are going to keep pumping out content until people stop playing, it's just not good business sense to kill off your cash cow and WoW funds a big chunk of their other activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Not a "dude" first. And since you've nothing at all to say in response, I'll retort to your one-liner: I'll wait for something of actual substance to be put forth based on the next expansion by the people whose words actually matter (not your fanwank); you may believe whatever tripe you contrive out of deliberately vague subject matter, just don't try to pass it off as facts.
    Have you even listened to the stuff in my link? Yes/No? It's not like I came up with that stuff, if what Blizzard employes discuss about things to come in WoW is speculation to you, then I don't know what to say. As you were milady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I don't see either of the two alternatives having enough suitable content to justify an expansion of their own. Azshara is arguable but I don't think that it could stand alone as interesting enough for all the players. I could easily see a co-op expansion heralding the arrival of the Burning Legion.
    I would have thought the same thing about an expansion set on the homeland of the pandaren, which had previously been described as an 'island empire.' Yet they made it happen, and so far it's pretty great.

An Azshara expac could have all the existing islands we haven't seen yet, plus whatever landmasses she decides to dredge up from the ocean floor and bring to the surface using the power of Neptulon. She could raise up a whole new continent to play in. And the Dream is Azeroth pre-Sundering, plus another dimension. No need for either of 'em to play second fiddle to the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    They pretty much wrapped up the Emerald Dream in the book (Stormrage) and Cataclysm.
    Not really. The book seems to have been largely ignored, and as of Cataclysm the Nightmare was spreading unchecked all over the Dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Why? Lordareon belongs to the Forsaken. The humans in WoW are from Stormwind. The humans from Lordareon? They're all Forsaken now. Arthas was their king, he's gone. Varian is the king of Stormwind, never Lordareon. There's absolutely nothing for them to reclaim.
    Varian said during the battle for underctity he wants to reclaim it for the humans, sure the forsaken are the citizens but I'm pretty sure survivors are around that are now part of the Alliance we know today.

Deleted
    The Burning Legion... and the recreation of the most devastating force known so far (atleast on Draenor and Azeroth that is) ... the Old Horde as the 3rd faction. Reborn with vengeance on both the Horde and Burning Legion. Gul'dan revived (through his skull) as leader of this faction. Panic across all races when hearing the news!

Azshara bringing the legion to azeroth. Demons invading and demon hunter hero class.
    Then the full out legion xpack on argus.

There won't be an Emerald Dream expansion, that story is over.

Personally I think the next one will either be Burning Legion, or Azshara. I'm certain they'll use her as a major villain at some point too.

Calling it now, Either Azshara and Kil'jaeden in the seven seas, or Sageras and Xoroth.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don`t really care what they do as long as they bring back some of WOWs old lore

no more Pandas, Bug men etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I would have thought the same thing about an expansion set on the homeland of the pandaren, which had previously been described as an 'island empire.' Yet they made it happen, and so far it's pretty great.

An Azshara expac could have all the existing islands we haven't seen yet, plus whatever landmasses she decides to dredge up from the ocean floor and bring to the surface using the power of Neptulon. She could raise up a whole new continent to play in. And the Dream is Azeroth pre-Sundering, plus another dimension. No need for either of 'em to play second fiddle to the Legion.

Not really. The book seems to have been largely ignored, and as of Cataclysm the Nightmare was spreading unchecked all over the Dream.
    Of course it was ignored, anything non-Christie Golden is not canon in a true lore addict's eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    There won't be an Emerald Dream expansion, that story is over.
    Not according to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raferis View Post
    Of course it was ignored, anything non-Christie Golden is not canon in a true lore addict's eyes.
    And in Blizzard's eyes, apparently.