1. #1

    How viable is retri DPS?

    Hi guys (and girls)

    In order to get more raiders with a healing offspec, im wondering how good retri DPS actual is before I might reroll to my paladin.

    I play an affliction warlock atm, and I’m therefore used to topping the meters. I know it’s not the same, but how much of are the retri dps? From what I’ve heard retri should (as always?) in a bad spot around the bottom of the scale. Is that correct or am I just prejudiced?

  2. #2
    Not much has changed since Cata. Single target Ret does well in a raid as long as it's possible to sit on a target without much movement. On pure patchwerk style fight many classes pull ahead. Smoother rotation with better Holy Power regen and stronger ranged attacks makes the spec at least not terrible at target switching. Long CD's with Sanctified Wrath being the best talent makes the spec bursty with low consistent damage.

    From my understanding something that speaks for Ret is the gear scaling. All secondary stats are good and they will keep getting improving since they work together for most abilities. It seems Blizzard have done a good job with the design of the spec this expansion.

  3. #3
    if your ret pala have a good gear like the rest of your group and he know how to play with his class he will be one of the top 3 dps

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    if your ret pala have a good gear like the rest of your group and he know how to play with his class he will be one of the top 3 dps
    Sounds too good to be true... Perhaps are you just more skilled than your guildmates?

    It's just that you never really see any top raids with a retri paladin.

  5. #5
    Some of the top 25-man guilds used Rets this tier (vodka first to come to mind) but I don't remember seeing any in the top 10-man guilds when we were following logs during our own progress.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Not much has changed since Cata. Single target Ret does well in a raid as long as it's possible to sit on a target without much movement. On pure patchwerk style fight many classes pull ahead. Smoother rotation with better Holy Power regen and stronger ranged attacks makes the spec at least not terrible at target switching. Long CD's with Sanctified Wrath being the best talent makes the spec bursty with low consistent damage.

    From my understanding something that speaks for Ret is the gear scaling. All secondary stats are good and they will keep getting improving since they work together for most abilities. It seems Blizzard have done a good job with the design of the spec this expansion.
    Surely that does not count without the 4 set bonus?

  7. #7
    Bah hate this situation, wouldn't normally care about DPS, but we are currently pressing our DPS to perform better and I have so set a good example as officer ...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Surely that does not count without the 4 set bonus?
    Someone else would have to answer that. I think you're supposed to go SW with no set bonuses and with 4p and HA with 2p, but it depends on your gear and fight mechanics too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordahl View Post
    Bah hate this situation, wouldn't normally care about DPS, but we are currently pressing our DPS to perform better and I have so set a good example as officer ...
    In this tier without a good weapon and 4 piece it will be hard to compete if you're on the same gear level as the rest of the group. You might want to consider other hybrids since they usually don't have to swap many pieces when they respec.

  9. #9
    Got my 4/4 set bonus and yes dps scale with his set bonus but topping dps Depend on other people if they are good raiders or not , what i mean i can top dps with lfr and dungeons and also in my guild but u wont top a good dk or warlock or mage ect ect if they are good as you are u still gonna be in the 4th even 5th place dps meter but in my guild the dk suck so i top him our mage sucks also what i mean if any ret says i can top dps coz other people dont know the mechanic of their classes sims shows ret where he stand also world of logs show his rank as a hybrid dps

  10. #10
    Moderator Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,142
    Whether or not you should reroll is a personal choice, not something we can tell you to. Use the search function and peruse the many threads on this board to help you make your decision.

    ~Fhi

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •