Poll: What would you do?

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My main concern with playable High Elves is that they are much too close to an existing playable race.

The only way I would support their addition is if it's part of a much broader package of minor races (minimum of 4, possibly much more). Alone I just don't think they have enough to distinguish themselves from Blood Elves to merit being a playable race in their own right.

Minor races would share a starting area with an existing race, may have cosmetic adjustments to racial abilities (ie Broken get "Blessing of the Elements" instead of "Blessing of the Naaru"), and perhaps slightly different class options. Mechanically, High Elves would be considered a variation of humans rather the Blood Elves, which might seem a bit odd on the surface but I think it's for the best. It would avoid the odd situation of the Alliance gaining access to a set of Horde racial abilities without the Horde gaining access to a set of Alliance racials, and it would grant Humans a subrace that would otherwise be difficult to come up with.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    My main concern with playable High Elves is that they are much too close to an existing playable race.

The only way I would support their addition is if it's part of a much broader package of minor races (minimum of 4, possibly much more). Alone I just don't think they have enough to distinguish themselves from Blood Elves to merit being a playable race in their own right.

Minor races would share a starting area with an existing race, may have cosmetic adjustments to racial abilities (ie Broken get "Blessing of the Elements" instead of "Blessing of the Naaru"), and perhaps slightly different class options. Mechanically, High Elves would be considered a variation of humans rather the Blood Elves, which might seem a bit odd on the surface but I think it's for the best. It would avoid the odd situation of the Alliance gaining access to a set of Horde racial abilities without the Horde gaining access to a set of Alliance racials, and it would grant Humans a subrace that would otherwise be difficult to come up with.
    Again, this point is moot if they are added in a similar fashion to pandaren, as they are not different enough to blood elves to warrant be referred as another race.

That's not to say I don't like your idea; in fact is very attractive and something that would alow even more character customization for players, but I think that the issue specific to high elves has a simpler solution.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I wish there was an option for "I don't care".
    if you don't care, then why did you even bother to post in this thread?

because people wants elves, ogres and nagas

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I choose option C) KILL AS MANY OF THOSE FUCKERS AS I CAN!!!!!!!! >=(

High Elves have got to be the most arrogant, hypocrite, ungrateful, backstabbing, bootlicking sons of bitches in the entire warcraft universe.

After decades of enmity with the Blood Elves, what-do-you know, the Sunwell is reclaimed, and its under the authority of Silvermoon (as shown in the Quel'delar quest). The Blood Elves, then allow the high elves to enter the sunwell to sate their addiction, as both types of elves share the same addiction to magic. This, despite the fact that the high elves keep licking the boots of the alliance, who nearly executed the entire race.

What do these bitches do to repay this incredibly selfless act? (For which the blood elves didn't charged a penny) why lets butcher every single blood elf in dalaran, and laugh while we're at it. Those poor wretches who somehow live, lets put them in jail FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Yeah, if high elves ever become playable, I'm gonna make it my priority on EVERY BG to kill every single one of them, to the point of ignoring any sort of objective.
    I already do this with Blood Elves. I go out of my way to kill, gank and slaughter Blood Elf players. I don't even touch other Horde races, hell sometimes I even help an occasional Orc or Troll with a quest or two. But once I see a BE I slaughter it and whatever mob(s) they were trying to get done for a quest.

If Alliance got high elves, what race would the Horde get to balance them out? And I would stay Horde anyways, for my guild and friends.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean before or after I throw all my money at Blizzard race changing my Alliance characters?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    If Alliance got high elves, what race would the Horde get to balance them out? And I would stay Horde anyways, for my guild and friends.
    If you've read on multiple thread on in this one, ogre.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I wish there was an option for "I don't care".
    Pretty much this. I'd go "OH WELL THAT'S NICE I GUESS" and keep playing my gnome forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would make them go extinct.
    And [Cannibalize] their corpses for a good measure.

Not even sorry.
    Last edited by SirMeo; 2013-01-20 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    I'd pick A as I've always wished my main could be Alliance. But I really like him as a belf so I have to remain as horde. If there was the option of Helf I'd faction change in a heartbeat
    Same situation as myself

I know they would be pretty close to Blood Elves so it probably wont happen. But if it did, I would definitely roll one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    If you've read on multiple thread on in this one, ogre.
    Ah, no I didn't really read the thread. I know people have been tossing around ogres, nagas, ethereals, and others, but I don't know that I really like any of those tbh.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Why do people keep insisting on Ogres anyway? Their role has been really minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 i would quit wow

but seriously i am more interested more in things like Naga, Demon hunters, Ethereal as playable races vs High elves. To me high elves "hybrids" so to speak between blood elves and night elves ie a high elv would be more attuned to magic vs night elves that are attuned to nature while blood elves are attuned to just arcane. That's my opinion and my feel for the races vs actual lore involved so don't scream at me for being wrong...but I see nothing special of a High Elv

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    This is the single reason why I'm not championing High Elves (I would play them to death).

The best way to add HElves is for BElves to go "neutral". That way the two races can share the same model, just with different eye colors.
    However, this leaves the Horde with 7 possible races (Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead, BElf, Goblin, Houjin Pandaren) and the Alliance with 8 possible races (Human, Dwarf, Gnome, NElf, Draenei, Worgen, Tushui Pandaren, HElf).

Looking at that, the easiest solution would be "just give Horde another race, like Ogres." However, having observed the community here since Cata beta, and the WoW community in-game since AQ, that's an impossible option. If Alliance got a reskin of BElves, and Horde got a brand spanking new race, there would be outcry larger than when we heard of Theramore being destroyed. This wouldn't be something Blizz can write off as "storytelling" and "you'll get revenge later." This would be clear evidence of bias when adding a new race.

The other, more palatable option is for the Alliance to field a race of their own to go neutral. This way both sides would gain a race, and "lose" a race. The problem, no Alliance race really holds any inkling of rebellion.
    Human - Obviously all despise Orcs and Forsaken.
    Dwarf - Bronzebeards and Wildhammers are firmly allied with the Alliance, and the Dark Irons have had bad dealings with the Old Horde.
    Gnome - Have a deep and old rivalry with the Goblins.
    NElf - Orcs are currently destroying their homeland, BElves have bad blood with them, Maiev's faction despise all non-NElves.
    Draenei - Still haven't fully forgiven Orcs for Draenor, Suspicious of the Undead and Blood Elves.
    Worgen - "Deploy the Plague," enough said.

Until Blizz starts dropping hints at an Alliance race (or faction within a race) willing to break ranks and join the Horde, it seems High Elves are doomed to be NPCs forever.

P.S. I think Draenei or Dark Iron Dwarves would be the most plausible candidates in the near future. The former going neutral rather than betraying, the latter would bloodilly betray.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

inb4 i would quit wow
    Got a big feeling you're pretty late on that.

OT: I would be a kinda irked, mostly cause I play on RP realms, and the last time we got new elves it was basically ONLY elves for the next three years. And 80% of those elves were fucking obnoxious.

Deleted
    Depends on the model's looks and animations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    This is the single reason why I'm not championing High Elves (I would play them to death).

The best way to add HElves is for BElves to go "neutral". That way the two races can share the same model, just with different eye colors.
    However, this leaves the Horde with 7 possible races (Orc, Troll, Tauren, Undead, BElf, Goblin, Houjin Pandaren) and the Alliance with 8 possible races (Human, Dwarf, Gnome, NElf, Draenei, Worgen, Tushui Pandaren, HElf).

Looking at that, the easiest solution would be "just give Horde another race, like Ogres." However, having observed the community here since Cata beta, and the WoW community in-game since AQ, that's an impossible option. If Alliance got a reskin of BElves, and Horde got a brand spanking new race, there would be outcry larger than when we heard of Theramore being destroyed. This wouldn't be something Blizz can write off as "storytelling" and "you'll get revenge later." This would be clear evidence of bias when adding a new race.

The other, more palatable option is for the Alliance to field a race of their own to go neutral. This way both sides would gain a race, and "lose" a race. The problem, no Alliance race really holds any inkling of rebellion.
    Human - Obviously all despise Orcs and Forsaken.
    Dwarf - Bronzebeards and Wildhammers are firmly allied with the Alliance, and the Dark Irons have had bad dealings with the Old Horde.
    Gnome - Have a deep and old rivalry with the Goblins.
    NElf - Orcs are currently destroying their homeland, BElves have bad blood with them, Maiev's faction despise all non-NElves.
    Draenei - Still haven't fully forgiven Orcs for Draenor, Suspicious of the Undead and Blood Elves.
    Worgen - "Deploy the Plague," enough said.

Until Blizz starts dropping hints at an Alliance race (or faction within a race) willing to break ranks and join the Horde, it seems High Elves are doomed to be NPCs forever.

P.S. I think Draenei or Dark Iron Dwarves would be the most plausible candidates in the near future. The former going neutral rather than betraying, the latter would bloodilly betray.
    Most plausible one I've heard is a number of Shen'dralar seeking to reconnect with their Highborne cousins have journeyed to Silvermoon and joined with the Sin'dorei.

Mind you, I doubt certain Orcs could understand the difference or stomach having anything even close to a Kaldorei in their Horde, but well when Lor'themar is Warchief they can suck it
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    Got a big feeling you're pretty late on that.

OT: I would be a kinda irked, mostly cause I play on RP realms, and the last time we got new elves it was basically ONLY elves for the next three years. And 80% of those elves were fucking obnoxious.
    probably but i could not help myself :P

and to quote a blood elf for you Vorticough "don't you wish your boyfriend was hot like me"