Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,443

    Deep Freeze change already reverted

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552

    the deep freeze change announced in the patch preview isn't on here. plus frostbolt damage is getting buffed by 25%.

    looks like mages will still be gods of the arena

  2. #2
    Mechagnome HolgerDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    633
    Well, its not live yet.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

  3. #3
    High Overlord Krulani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    [Currently Deployed]
    Posts
    154
    Frostbolt is being buffed by 25%, but no longer stacks the +10/20/30% dmg. It's lower overall damage.
    -- i7 4770k @4.3Ghz | GSKILL Trident 16GB 2400 | GTX 780ti SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO 840 | Maxumus VII Hero Z97 --

  4. #4
    if started playing a pvp frost mage the last 2 weeks.

    i don't get where ppl get the gods of pvp from...

    warlocks can teleport twice as demo. can instant fear you and have good burst.
    warriors have second wind and are also able to burst me down.

    all frost mages have is beeing able to do 1 bigg burst every 30 seconds. + root mellee with our pet and frost nova.
    we got some tricks to survive but i don't see where ppl get this pvp god theme from.

    am i just so bad? or is it my dreadfull gear that makes me so weak? seeing i can't really steamroll a warlock down. yet ya don't hear shit from them on the forums!

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 09:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Krulani View Post
    Frostbolt is being buffed by 25%, but no longer stacks the +10/20/30% dmg. It's lower overall damage.
    on my mage it's 3x 5% aka 15% total dmg+.

    could be a tooltip issue tho
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Matt0193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Krulani View Post
    Frostbolt is being buffed by 25%, but no longer stacks the +10/20/30% dmg. It's lower overall damage.
    No, it's a buff. You rarely had time to put 3 FB's, let alone sustain it, out to get max damage, now you just get more burst with even less ramp up time.

    Less overall possible damage with more upfront, reliable damage.

    Edit - As said below, it's a full on buff. Twice over as it no longer requires stacking.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-01-03 at 08:28 PM.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,443
    Just checked my mage alt and Frostbolt debuff is indeed 5/10/15%.

    So it's an overall buff.

  7. #7
    Do mages actually cast frost bolt anyway?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Do mages actually cast frost bolt anyway?
    yeah Frost Mages do, and that is popular in PvP
    "Peace is a lie"

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    yeah Frost Mages do, and that is popular in PvP
    That was sarcasm you were responding to. Since you don't even have to cast frostbolt to score a kill.

  10. #10
    the deep freeze change was stupid to begin with. a very iconic frostmage-skill, and the change would have made mages so heavy procc dependent (fingers of frost) that i wouldn't be fun for either the mage or the enemy.
    coming from a non-mage-player

  11. #11
    As long as casters actually start to cast. I don't really like to cast 1 spell/minute on my h-pala and rest are instants fex.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    As long as casters actually start to cast. I don't really like to cast 1 spell/minute on my h-pala and rest are instants fex.
    Its pretty dumb to ask casters to start casting something when theres 5 million ways to stop it.
    Its not that they dont cast because they dont need it, its because they cant.

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Its pretty dumb to ask casters to start casting something when theres 5 million ways to stop it.
    Its not that they dont cast because they dont need it, its because they cant.
    Lol, mages destroy anything and everything.
    DOn't complain about casting.

  14. #14
    Casting Frostbolt currently is actually bad for a Mage to do unless everyone in the Arena is CC'd. The risk of getting kicked and being locked on your frost tree is far too big of a risk for a 20-30k crit. It's better just to spam spellsteal, icelance, ffb, icebarrier, fbomb/NT or spending the time getting into a better position defensively or for burst.


    Any good Mage won't really cast more than 5 Frostbolts in the average game, and it won't be during burst.

  15. #15
    This also lists Cloak and Dagger as being on ptr. It is not.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552

    the deep freeze change announced in the patch preview isn't on here. plus frostbolt damage is getting buffed by 25%.

    looks like mages will still be gods of the arena

    Yeah mages are Gods of arena in MoP

    JK Warriors
    JK Ferals
    JK Spriests
    JK any melee cleave

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    Yeah mages are Gods of arena in MoP

    JK Warriors
    JK Ferals
    JK Spriests
    JK any melee cleave
    Exactly. Can the OP be anymore biased? Lmao.

    Mages are getting a big nerf with their blanket removed. Here's to hoping silencing shot gets the same treatment.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Zathrendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Lol, mages destroy anything and everything.
    DOn't complain about casting.
    This isn't Cata. Play catch up.

    The fact that Blizzard is trying to move frost mages back to having a reason to cast Frost Bolt rather than rely on gimmicky, dispellable shatter combos is good.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 04:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    warlocks can teleport twice as demo. can instant fear you and have good burst.
    warriors have second wind and are also able to burst me down.
    You can always list individual abilities and try argue from there something is OP. Locks are much better than they were in Cata, and that is good. They required a lot of the tools they got. As for Blood Fear, it's going in its current form, so it isn't a relevant consideration for balance. Also, what indications do you have of locks being OP in RBGs, 3s or 5s? I wouldn't put them in the same category as warriors.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 04:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    Exactly. Can the OP be anymore biased? Lmao.

    Mages are getting a big nerf with their blanket removed. Here's to hoping silencing shot gets the same treatment.
    Mages have had so many cumulative nerfs this expansion, and continue to receive them, that I cannot understand why they still attract so much whining. I am glad Blizzard reverted this change though, it'd ruin yet more of the class's flavour.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    Yeah mages are Gods of arena in MoP

    JK Warriors
    JK Ferals
    JK Spriests
    JK any melee cleave
    Can't remember the last time a mage wasn't able to destroy any of these classes.

  20. #20
    In this topic, we have:

    People who think Mages are OP, because they talk about duels.

    People who think Mages are mostly okay, because they are talking about 3s.

    Only one group is right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •