Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caatraa View Post
    Kind of off topic. but on the top of more dps, what about rolling flame shock on all 3 targets there for getting LvB procs. and before someone says do both i don't think it would work doing 3 shock cds on flame shock and trying to use everyone for fulamation.
    Ele should never, ever multidot. Ever. It's always a DPS loss.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Ele should never, ever multidot. Ever. It's always a DPS loss.
    That's pretty incorrect.
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Evect View Post
    That's pretty incorrect.
    I'm fairly sure it is correct. The only place you'll maybe want to multidot is pvp, or maybe if you need a spine-ish burst and have bloods available for multiple FS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty incorrect.
    Every time you refresh a FlS instead of casting LB, you lose DPS. Every time your shocks on are CD when you hit 7 stacks of LS, you lose DPS. Multidotting increases both of those losses, and the gain from surge procs does not overcome it.

after some attempts tonight, i can confirm that using chain lightning unglyphed was a DPS gain on the first target, when i would use LB and CL as a catch up for fulmination, i averaged 33 million dmg single target, when i used CL the entire time i averaged 35 million dmg single target, i gained 2 million dmg on average using CL the whole first target, which on heroic is generally the protector guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    after some attempts tonight, i can confirm that using chain lightning unglyphed was a DPS gain on the first target, when i would use LB and CL as a catch up for fulmination, i averaged 33 million dmg single target, when i used CL the entire time i averaged 35 million dmg single target, i gained 2 million dmg on average using CL the whole first target, which on heroic is generally the protector guy.
    So you used CL exclusively with 0 LBs and it was a DPS gain? :\ Can you link your armory so I can sim you?

yes, on the target i was focusing, in phase 1, it was a dps gain

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ACng/simple

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Per cast Flame Shock will do more damage then Lightning Bolt, and chances are you never fire off ES on CD, as you have Lava Burst and Elemental Blast prio'd over Earth Shock, and the chances of it always aligning beautifully are pretty slim.
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!

Per cast Flame Shock will do more damage then Lightning Bolt, and chances are you never fire off ES on CD, as you have Lava Burst and Elemental Blast prio'd over Earth Shock, and the chances of it always aligning beautifully are pretty slim.
    It's not that easy to calculate. A LB will proc overlord and give you fulmination stacks, and FS gives you lava surge procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a sim with two targets and do one with flameshocking both and one without and you'll see that I'm right.

Sort of on topic but not:

Our raid has me assigned to the Minions for HC Protectors with an arcane mage since we are the most "bursty" the last option is a balance druid. The rest are melee.

Needless to say, my personal dmg is abysmal, however, the dps stacking buff is done cleanly with me and the mage controlling the adds. How do you all split your dps assigments for this encounter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbagassassin View Post
    Sort of on topic but not:

Our raid has me assigned to the Minions for HC Protectors with an arcane mage since we are the most "bursty" the last option is a balance druid. The rest are melee.

Needless to say, my personal dmg is abysmal, however, the dps stacking buff is done cleanly with me and the mage controlling the adds. How do you all split your dps assigments for this encounter?
    We use a spriest and an aff lock. Our hunter fills in if one of them dies. Ele is terrible for target switches, and boomkins have some of the best multidotting in the game. Your raid leaders should be shot for making you do it over the boomkin. Boomkins, Aff, and Spriests are best options by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    We use a spriest and an aff lock. Our hunter fills in if one of them dies. Ele is terrible for target switches, and boomkins have some of the best multidotting in the game. Your raid leaders should be shot for making you do it over the boomkin. Boomkins, Aff, and Spriests are best options by far.
    LOL To be fair, I volunteered because it was our first night of attempts and wanted to see the potential. We are definitely making adjustments, just wanted to see how others are managing it.

How do you guys manage the dps stack rotation/spreading? Our Comp is:

Boomkin
    Arc Mage
    Ele Shaman
    Enh Shaman
    Fury Warr
    Ret Pally
    SPriest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbagassassin View Post
    LOL To be fair, I volunteered because it was our first night of attempts and wanted to see the potential. We are definitely making adjustments, just wanted to see how others are managing it.

How do you guys manage the dps stack rotation/spreading? Our Comp is:

Boomkin
    Arc Mage
    Ele Shaman
    Enh Shaman
    Fury Warr
    Ret Pally
    SPriest
    I actually sat out for that fight (only killed it this week) because it's a lot easier for our frost DK to run interrupts while running his full rotation. If I remember correctly, we do 3/3/3/6/6/6/3/6/9/9/9/9, but I couldn't tell you the composition we used for each group.

TBH your raid comp is terrible, 3 melees in a 10m guild is a MAJOR hindrance, especially for protectors since it makes stacking much more complicated.

For our kill we had each group focus their adds and our comp was as follows :
    G1 - Spriest/Aff lock
    G2 - Hunt / Elem (me)
    G3 - Arcane / Boomkin
    With 2 stacks the hunt and Arcane were able to kill the adds alone so me and my fellow boomkin didn't switch and focused down Kaolan.

For the stacks we did 3/3/3/6/6/6/9/9/9/X with X being the healers stacking until the boss dies (5 stacks on our kill iirc).

We're getting real close on this boss. How did you guys handle P3 when the adds just start spawning like crazy? Did you peel another Ranged onto them?