Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Precious time opening it and loading it??

Are you under the impression that it takes a few minutes to open a safe, and then load your firearm. I can do it in about 15 seconds from a dead sleep.

Plus I have alarms on every door and window, plus motion detectors, giving me ample time to do what's necessary.
    Some people may not have the luxuries in their homes as you have. Remember, everyone is different and come from different circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    ok so each individual should have nuclear arms ok.
    Well, I have always wanted one...

Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    I can afford one, I choose not to buy one, well not a gun safe anyway. I have a fireproof safe for documents / paperwork but I can hardly fit an assault rifle in it.
    See this is my problem. I have no issue with people having guns, i don't care why you have them, you want them not my business. But when people actively be irresponsible with tools that can kill people it blows my mind. Like wiring a house with uninsulated copper wiring. It will probably burn down the house and kill someone, but who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    While I'm glad that your neighborhood is pretty crime free, if an intruder was going to kill you, he'd be awfully likely to do it with one of your own weapons in that house.
    Perhaps but if his goal were to kill me then he'd probably already be prepared (and packing) in order to do that, so my choice is to:
    A.) not have a gun and hope that he doesn't have one so I'll be at his mercy.
    B.) have one and have a chance to defend myself while at the same time running the risk of him using one of my guns on me.

if he grabs one of my guns I have one too, I'll take those odds.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF do you have an assault rifle for?
    For his job? He's a defense contractor, aka a mercenary.

ok so each individual should have nuclear arms ok.
    To a reasonable degree. No one is going to rob me using a nuclear weapon, but a handgun is not uncommon. Why are you posting if you aren't going to make a serious comment?

But if you really want to argue nuclear arms, well, take a look at the world. Someone had a bigger, and better gun. So everyone else had to match it or become an easy target for those with them. It's obviously not the best plan, but lacking a way eliminate any and all weapons, it's the best one we have for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    For his job? He's a defense contractor, aka a mercenary.
    That's not a job.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How about instead of locking the gun in a safe, put it in a place where your kids cant access / dont know about. That way you can just get it when and if (heaven forbid) you ever need to in a moments notice.
    Can you guarantee that? If so, fantastic.... but I don't think that's possible. If it's in a place where your kids can't access or don't know about, chances are, it'll be difficult for you to get to in a timely matter to. A safe allows you to hide a gun in plain sight, so to speak.

We should all own exotic animals instead of guns. Tigers are a very good crime deterrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    To a reasonable degree. No one is going to rob me using a nuclear weapon, but a handgun is not uncommon. Why are you posting if you aren't going to make a serious comment?

But if you really want to argue nuclear arms, well, take a look at the world. Someone had a bigger, and better gun. So everyone else had to match it or become an easy target for those without them. It's obviously not the best plan, but lacking a way eliminate any and all weapons, it's the best one we have for the time being.
    why can't we just all live in peace man.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF do you have an assault rifle for?[COLOR="red"]
    because I work overseas in the middle east and carry an assault rifle 90 percent of the time. I get inadequate funding to train so almost all my training must be done at home on my own dime (though I can write off the cost of ammo as a job expense). So it behooves me to be proficient with the weapon I work with, while it is not the exact same rifle it is very close and can still provide the training necessary to keep my skills up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    We should all own exotic animals instead of guns. Tigers are a very good crime deterrence.
    I could get on with this.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    It didn't help Tony Montana.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a job.
    well it's a living.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a job.
    How is that not a job? He's performing a service for money. It's just as much a job as an electrician or a barber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How about instead of locking the gun in a safe, put it in a place where your kids cant access / dont know about.
    If you honestly believe that "don't know about" will remain a persistent state for any real length of time when you're talking about children, you should not own a gun.

Similarly, "can't access" will not remain so unless enforced by things like steel and a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Can you guarantee that? If so, fantastic.... but I don't think that's possible. If it's in a place where your kids can't access or don't know about, chances are, it'll be difficult for you to get to in a timely matter to. A safe allows you to hide a gun in plain sight, so to speak.
    My dad keeps a gun under his bed. He's also a retired cop and currently a special investigator and is required to carry a gun still. I have throwing knives in my room, my brother has a rather sharp sword. Who needs a gun when all they need to do is turn a corner into something sharp?

There is almost no point in having a gun for self defense. About the only legitimate reasons to have one are hunting so lock it up when you aren't hunting, and range shooting, and keep it locked up when you aren't at the range or on your way there.
    Exactly this,

Be safe, Dont buy one,

Hell if your from America you can get away with killing a trespasser, so I'm pretty sure beating them with a bat will be fine,

Seriously, earlier this week I saw someone asking this website, a website for a gaming community, most made up of 10/12 year olds to 20's what gun should they buy, Do you really want that person to have a gun for fuck sakes

10+ Year Old Account
    Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading. ~Thomas Jefferson

I don't think I could explain it any better.

Because it's an idealistic concept that this world doesn't fit with. No one is saying that you should run around threatening people with your gun, but to use it against those that threaten you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading. ~Thomas Jefferson

I don't think I could explain it any better.
    I love you.