Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    There is almost no point in having a gun for self defense. About the only legitimate reasons to have one are hunting so lock it up when you aren't hunting, and range shooting, and keep it locked up when you aren't at the range or on your way there.
    And your preferred method of self defense would be.... throwing toilet paper at them? Yelling at them to go away? Hoping that they don't kill you and your family to get drug money or whatever it is they are after?
    You make no sense in this argument. Houses get broken into every day, every minute, probably every second, somewhere in the world a house is getting broken into. Maybe you go your whole life and it never happens to you and that's fine. But let's say that you and your family are asleep at home and someone comes in to steal from you with no regard or care for human life, what will YOU do to protect yourself and the lives of your family? Your family, I remind you, that relies on YOU to protect them. And if you do have a family, wife/husband and children and don't think about what you would do if that did happen and don't have a reliable plan in place, then I believe you are doing them and yourself a disservice and honestly don't deserve to have their trust in you to protect them. Shame on you.

Truthfully can't see the Second Amendment being touched in the real world so frankly all the talk about seems a bit of a waste of time to me.

As to responsibility and gun safety however, I don't think one begets the other and in situations beyond where there are children etc present, I think most people would prefer to keep their gun by their side. I speak as someone from a country where the populace by law is at the mercy of criminals however, so I can do little but wish America all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Explosions View Post
    And your preferred method of self defense would be.... throwing toilet paper at them? Yelling at them to go away? Hoping that they don't kill you and your family to get drug money or whatever it is they are after?
    You make no sense in this argument. Houses get broken into every day, every minute, probably every second, somewhere in the world a house is getting broken into. Maybe you go your whole life and it never happens to you and that's fine. But let's say that you and your family are asleep at home and someone comes in to steal from you with no regard or care for human life, what will YOU do to protect yourself and the lives of your family? Your family, I remind you, that relies on YOU to protect them. And if you do have a family, wife/husband and children and don't think about what you would do if that did happen and don't have a reliable plan in place, then I believe you are doing them and yourself a disservice and honestly don't deserve to have their trust in you to protect them. Shame on you.
    no for self defense I said guns are not required.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.