Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, for the most part your glyph choices will be

Splitting Ice
    Icy Veins
    Water Elemental / Cone of Cold

The third is the only "option" and it depends what you're trying to do. For fast times, water elemental. For clearing trash more efficiently, cone of cold.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Cam3r View Post
    Don't choose Glyphs based on some guide posted on a WoW fan site. Choose Glyphs/Talents/Spec based on what is the most beneficial for your current situation and based on the strategy your group uses. There is no correct answer for Glyph/Talent usage.
    It's not like I'm telling people how to live their life so......... Anyhow.... well citrique handles it essentially....
    Daft Punk Forever!

I have a AOE question. Is it at any point benefitical to spam arcane explosion on big trash pulls? Or will Ice lances when procced always win ahead? Lets say your orb is on CD, and theres still 5-6 mobs left. Will Arcane explosion be your spell of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Dissemoen View Post
    I have a AOE question. Is it at any point benefitical to spam arcane explosion on big trash pulls? Or will Ice lances when procced always win ahead? Lets say your orb is on CD, and theres still 5-6 mobs left. Will Arcane explosion be your spell of choice?
    AE all day. For large pulls (like the first one in monastery) release an orb, CoC if you glyphed it and AE spam.

AOE priority (5-6+ mobs) is:

orb
    frost bomb
    glyphed CoC
    flamestrike
    AE
    blizzard if you can't be in melee (jade serpent / mogushan trash)

Combo shatters.

Frost bomb + flamestrike + CoC can all shatter crit at the same time if you pet nova.

You are generally not going to want to AE on most trash pulls unless there are a gigantic number of mobs as using procs will kill specific big trash mobs (mogushan dogs, jade serpent big sha) faster and those have to be killed more quickly anyway. Good pull examples to AE on are first pull of jade serpent (corrupted water mobs), monkey room of SSB (20+ mobs), scholar/student mobs at the end of scarlet halls, boneweaver mobs in scholomance.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2014-02-21 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Well, for the most part your glyph choices will be

Splitting Ice
    Icy Veins
    Water Elemental / Cone of Cold

The third is the only "option" and it depends what you're trying to do. For fast times, water elemental. For clearing trash more efficiently, cone of cold.
    Excuse my ignorance but for fast times wouldn't CoC be significantly better? Or are you arguing that you'll be focusing the boss and letting orb/frost bomb cleave the other stuff? If so that makes sense but I just wanted to clarify. Scarlet Halls comes to mind where serious times pull the entire hallway with the boss and cleave, where CoC seems almost necessary to keep your tank alive.

ps voltaa sucks

In SH you have to kill the second boss before he does blades of light and reaches your group, when I was watching method do it on stream their mage's rotation was literally "ice lance ice lance" during orb. The tank does the great majority of trash DPS (and DPS overall). So yeah, I believe cleaving the trash with the boss is better than attempting to kill it more quickly.

For some dungeons like Stormstout I'll glyph CoC but that's more of an exception than a rule for me because in there, trash waves are part of the RP and need to die to start the next wave. In dungeons with lots of "on the go" movement like Mogu'shan, Gate, Siege and Scholo you can't unglyph WE without losing a fair bit of damage from it, and in those + others WE will DPS trash alongside you without proccing your trinkets while you're on the way to the next boss / trash.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2014-02-22 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finally finished my 9/9 Gold today! Woot woot, figured an this is a good palce to celebrate.

Almost relevant: It's insane how much ppl are paying for gold runs! A warrior in my guild asked if anyone wanted to do some runs and I came on my lock, and after the runs he got 90k gold from each of them, and as I understood 10k per gold run isn't even that expensive!
    twitter.com/the_narsha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Just finally finished my 9/9 Gold today! Woot woot, figured an this is a good palce to celebrate.
    Grats man! I almost got a heart attack when I found out they were gonna be removed but still only got 4/9 Gold

10+ Year Old Account

Not just gold

Quote Originally Posted by Narsha View Post
    Almost relevant: It's insane how much ppl are paying for gold runs! A warrior in my guild asked if anyone wanted to do some runs and I came on my lock, and after the runs he got 90k gold from each of them, and as I understood 10k per gold run isn't even that expensive!
    I've seen rates as high as 130k per person for a 9/9 gold run, but what is also troubling is people paying actual currency.

Deleted
    thanks for the " guide "

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    I've seen rates as high as 130k per person for a 9/9 gold run, but what is also troubling is people paying actual currency.
    My group has been charging 150 for a long time with no difficulty finding buyers. Groups doing them for idiotic amounts like 80k or whatever just don't value their time.

And I thought 10k per run was expensive. Then again I dont value CMs that much and had no problem doing them myself but still, for me 150k gold is a lot!
    twitter.com/the_narsha

Deleted
    You might want to take a look in this spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=3

Useful spreadsheet. thanks!

Deleted
    Guys, this is trial and error. GO frost on CM, but do not use glyphs you would normally use in a raid. CM are easy as pie, because the cake is a lie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    130k is normal now unfortunately, there's no point in doing boosts any more because everyone's balls triple in size as soon as they get their first 9/9 and they have to start boosting. I boosted for 300k per person, 2 people at a time and we were done in 2 hours or so which was extremely good gold (200k each) but it quickly became too available so I haven't boosted for months now.

Edit:
    OT: Mage has extremely high burst aoe with frozen orb and shattering frost bomb explosions, they also have very decent straight up single target damage w/o CDs, the only thing I didn't like on my mage was being stuck without orb for trash pulls, damage seems pretty meh in that situation.
    Last edited by mmoc85689722f4; 2014-03-16 at 10:50 AM.

Frost trash damage is amazing.

Frost bomb -> frostbolt -> arcane explosion -> frost nova
    Frost bomb -> flamestrike + glyphed cone of cold -> pet nova

Fun fact: You get FoF procs from blizzard and frozen orb even if the target is immune. I do this on the first boss of Jade Serpent between adds for charges, and aim frozen orb to hit both the serpent and first boss of SPM for procs from two targets.

Ice ward is useable for an extra nova but I find it unreliable and as a global not doing damage, I'd rather use frost nova.