Is Kharasang Wilds required for any rep factions or quest chains in other areas?

Im a few bars into 88 and just started here... should I skip this and go to Kun Lai? Or is questing here gonna be required later for other reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not required, only if you want the background of the temple etc for 5.1 etc. Should be good to just head off to Kun Lai.

Deleted
    Kharasang Wilds?

Is that a mix zone between Krasarang Wilds and Karazhan?

but skip it, and kun-lai, Townlong is best exp 88+

The only reason I would do it is that if you finish the valley of 4 winds storyline where you learn to punch with chi strikes and then finish the story in Karasang Wilds you end up looping back around to the wall and deal with the big bug that comes through the wall. Its a nifty animated cut scene but hardly on par with the eruption of the Sha of Anger from Jade forest. If you like animated cut scenes that is about the only reason for finishing the Karasang wilds.

That being said I felt a little underwelmed by how you end up dealing with the big bug, you cant even see what your character is doing. I would of preferred a single player quest 'dungeon' where you fight your way to vital points and apply your chi punch to them than what they gave us.

I mostly did this because the first time through I wanted to experience all the quests in a zone as possible. Now that I am leveling alts it is; 85-86.5 Jade Forest. 86.5-88 4 winds, 88-89 Tai long steppes, 89-90 Dread wastes. One of the villages near the great wall in Tai Long steppes has 2 gear vendors, one selling level 85+ gear and one selling level 88+ gear in case you find yourself lacking in an item. It is in the village were they are being attacked by Yuangtol invaders (ox men).
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-01-04 at 09:11 PM.

you have to do up to the Temple of the Crane, or you'll miss days off of the August Celestials.

What about Kun lai? lol is that required? or is it best to just go townlong since that where shado pan is?

its not required but there is a handfull of quest that give August Celestial rep.

as for Kun-Lai it also has a Shado-Pan questline.

more rep is a good thing but you can wait to do both questlines till your 90 if you wish because you cant do Shado-Pan or August Celestial dailies till you are revered with Golden Lotus.
    Last edited by Zaizo; 2013-01-04 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    What about Kun lai? lol is that required? or is it best to just go townlong since that where shado pan is?
    There is a quest in Kun Lai you should do to gain access to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. It's at the temple of the white tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    You can get a good amount of Shado-Pan rep in Kun Lai.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.