Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i suspect we might finally see some kind of trailer or announcement of what titan is either at some of this years gaming conventions of blizzcon. that being said about the only way ill end up playing it is if it goes the gw2 or d3 route and is a b2p type game. im no longer interested in buying a game and then continuing to pay for it. call me a cheapskate or a dick or whatever you will but i just dont feel like the normal $15 a month is worth it in just about any game. just my .02

edit : that being said, a fully fledged starcraft mmo could be the exception to the $15 a month rule. i would most likely at the very least buy the game and try it out for a month. anything diablo related i wouldnt be interested in. i feel like that whole story has run its course 1 too many times. that and i was massively disappointed with how terrible the story was in d3
    Last edited by dokilar; 2013-01-06 at 01:00 AM.

I just want it to be a new IP already... so tired that Blizzard only uses their 3 known franchises, while they can easily make something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    When you say you dont like starcraft I asume you mean the gameplay. If we ever got a starcraft MMO I very much doubt it would be a RTS so being starcraft related is not bad.
    No because the story and universe is terrible. People just like the gameplay and the 3 main races themselves. Almost nobody actually talks about Starcraft lore on a regular basis. Because it sucks.

Oh shit, anonymous inside source #9287346 gives more speculation that goes against anonymous inside source #987235 and Blizz themselves. LET THE SPECULATION TRAIN DEPART!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    No because the story and universe is terrible. People just like the gameplay and the 3 main races themselves. Almost nobody actually talks about Starcraft lore on a regular basis. Because it sucks.
    No, because the genre is not too appealing to the masses, Starcraft lore is quite huge and rich.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Oh shit, anonymous inside source #9287346 gives more speculation that goes against anonymous inside source #987235 and Blizz themselves. LET THE SPECULATION TRAIN DEPART!
    I heard that its going to be a battle star galactica MMO.

But it takes place before electricity.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    You have mage, hunters and warriors - it's the same.
    That is very simplified. The lore in Diablo is very different from Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    If WoW had an darker Burning Crusade it would have been like Diablo with demons from hell. I think Diablo is really not different enough to be another MMO beside WoW.
    The demons in WoW are not demons from hell. Hell, heaven, angels and demons in Diablo are much closer to our own ideas of what they could be. WoW has mucb more in it's lore than just demons. It's just a small part. Like I said WoW is very Tolkien-like, with orcs and elves and all kinds of races. Diablo has nothing of that. In turn, Warcraft isn't nearly as dark as Diablo.

Deleted
    Been looking forward to 'Titan' for years, I do not hope it's gonna be related to Starcraft... Much rather a new IP as they said it would be, or something related to Warcraft or Diablo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That is very simplified. The lore in Diablo is very different from Warcraft.

The demons in WoW are not demons from hell. Hell, heaven, angels and demons in Diablo are much closer to our own ideas of what they could be. WoW has mucb more in it's lore than just demons. It's just a small part. Like I said WoW is very Tolkien-like, with orcs and elves and all kinds of races. Diablo has nothing of that. In turn, Warcraft isn't nearly as dark as Diablo.

Seriously? Please don't even compare this shit to that masterpiece.

I would like to add I too would also prefer some sort of SciFi related MMO but the success of fantasy-scifi, fantasy has been thoroughly more successful.

I really hope it's a completely new IP, I don't really like the Diablo or Starcraft universe all that much.

Also please no more hotkey/tabtarget MMOs.

For Diablo Blizz would have to come up with a lot of lore.

For Starcraft some combination of Planetside, Firefall, classic MMO could do. But they should pick a different timeline from the one we have in the RTS.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i doubt it would be a diablo universe MMO. Way too similar to wow. Same kind of class, almost same spell...

when i read the comment
    Its going to be what Blizzard fans want.
    to me, it sound like a starcraft MMO.

Now, apparently it should be a genre friendly to console

a traditional hotkey MMO is not friendly to console , neither is a RTS.
    Guild wars 2, or an iteration of GW2, could be more gamepad friendly. FPS are workable on console. The best gameplay on console still remain third person action game/platforming. Let's see if that mean something.

As a side note, only my opinion, but i feel that making the MMO available to console means dumbing down game control, mechanics and will further embrace their new development philosophy of "bite size". That is login, get something done in 15-30 min, log out. Not sure i like it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 11:40 AM ----------

and what with the shyness of creating new franchise, blizzard has to one of the least creative game company out there along with nintendo.
    They have 3 franchises
    - warcraft created in 1994
    - diablo created in 1996
    - starcraft created in 1998

Every game company created try out a new franchise every 2-3 years. For exemple, bethesda published dishonnored and stated they will make it a franchise with more game to come. Ubisoft is preparing a brand new franchise called watch dogs.

We haven't seen a new franchise from blizzard for the past 14 years. They don't have any more writters?

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.
    And starcraft is non fantasy, right?
    sure it's sci-fi, but that's just another term for future fantasy,. surely?

Not sure about World of Diablocraft but Blizzard already stated (to my disappointment) that it is not going to be a Starcraft MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    And starcraft is non fantasy, right?
    sure it's sci-fi, but that's just another term for future fantasy,. surely?
    I think you have to differentiate between "hard" Science Fiction and "soft" Science Fiction (space opera, ...).

Fantasy requires a suspension of disbelief from the reader (use of magic, fictional creatures, ...) whereas hard SF aims at showing a realistic vision of a future world (based on the present scientific knowledge, extrapolations of current trends, ...).

Fantasy displays a world that cannot and will never be, (hard) Science Fiction tries to show a world that was entirely plausible at the point of its conception.

Of course Starcraft does not fall into this category and might as well be labeled as fantasy.

Deleted
    It will be "World of Lost Vikings" definitely.

A 3 players next-gen MMORPG (Minimally multiplayer Online Role Platform Game).

I'm gonna play Olaf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Seriously? Please don't even compare this shit to that masterpiece.
    The funny thing is I don't know right now what's the shit and what's the masterpiece in your eyes. ;D
    But no matter how little you like Warcraft, it's tolkien-like fantasy, with orcs and elves and dwarves.

I am pretty sure Lore from Tankspot is correct. Its StarCraft: GHOST

10+ Year Old Account
    A guy, who knows a guy, who knows another guy makes statements about the last guy, under some pseudonym on some random forums.. And 12 pages down the road it's all hunky dory and taken for granted and valid...
    I'm sorry to say, but that's everything but credible to me.
    It starts for me with the simple fact that I cannot see anywhere a confirmation or even just an official reference what Titan actually is.
    The links provided in the OP fail to deliver such proof.