Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    the OPs link is from someone who is KNOWN to steal info from daeity.blogspot.com when it was rolling. there is one other guy who would take daeity's info and try to use it as his own too.
    What? Me and Daeity got along fine and when I used info from him to write an article I always credited him. You might be confusing me with another Titan fansite, that's not active anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    daeity hasn't said a word about this. it's 100% not going to happen. there were HUNDREDS of pics and art of titan from nearly 2 years ago. they haven't revamped the game in the past 2 years.
    Not sure what you want to say here. There were never any pictures, not on Daeity's blog and not anywhere else.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Calling it now, Titan will be set to starcraft universe 300-400 years before events of the original starcraft.

After Diablo 3.... if titan is a diablo spinoff I'm pretty sure it would leave a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths...

Hoping for a new IP. and please keep jay wilson and his goons away from it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    Zerg wouldn't have to be a faction. Zerg could be an overwhelming threat with protoss and humans playable.

All that aside a Diablo MMO works from all the standard perspectives and would translate well, but I don't see it as being game breaking or original enough to acquire and maintain a solid player base. People would view it as yet another fantasy mmo.

A Starcraft MMO could have potential, but I agree with whoever said 40K is a better setting. And if it is a MMO FPS style game, Starcraft is an excellent universe to set one in. I wouldn't play it if it was an FPS, but it would be a good setting for one.

Honestly, I think Blizzard fans are hinging way too much hope on Titan, whatever it ends up being. Blizzard's recent track record hasn't been exceptional (SC2 and D3 were okay, but nothing special, recent WoW expansions are the same) and so hoping that Titan is some holy grail that will restore all faith in Blizzard products seems . . . . . foolishly naive and optimistic to put it mildly.

I personally feel that regardless of how good Titan is, it will be viewed as a failure by those who have built it up in their minds to be the next coming. Everyone seems to think it will be an amazing, innovative leap forward in the MMO genre that will be tailored to their personal style of play. The reality is that it won't be any of those things. It will be an average game with a few neat features and a whole bunch of controversial decisions that tries to appeal to everyone and so will end up not being perfect for anyone.
    excuse me BUT SC2 is stellar imo....and the everything else is your own personal opinion, dont make it sound as a fact.

As some have said, it willl be Starcraft ghost spinoff with a fps vantage point. The mmo portion of it will the interesting part.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-...more-rumor-r60

The guy, who a year before anyone ever heard the name Titan was already speaking of a Project Titan being developed by Blizzard, and who claims to have contact to someone at Blizzard, says that Blizzard wasn't 100% honest about whether Titan is going to be a new IP. He says it's going to be a spin-off of an existing franchise. He hints that it might be Diablo-related. You can read his original posts in the article.

edit: 2 things are frequently said by several posters.

1. Blizzard said it's an original IP
    Yes, they did, but this topic is about how someone with an inside source claims, that this is not entirely true. If there wasn't at least something like this as a basis I wouldn't have made this thread. So please read the linked article.

2. Where have they said it's an MMORPG?

Here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-be-an-MMORPG?
    Planetside is a shooter MMORPG. Tabula Rasa was a shooter MMORPG. Borderlands is a shooter RPG. Just because the term RPG is used does not mean it cannot be a shooter. Until actual game info is released about Titan I will hold to my guns about it being a shooter MMO based on all the other info that has been out there that is factual and reading between the lines from their recruitment needs for their next gen MMO(Titan).

Planetside is not an rpg, it's an fps, mmofps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Calling it now, Titan will be set to starcraft universe 300-400 years before events of the original starcraft.
    Doubtful, although Starcraft could easily become a MMO, I think they plan to keep SC a RTS title. However they own several other IPs which are not in use, Blackthorne which was a platform shooter, which had both Sci-Fi and Fantasy elements could work really well as a Shooter style MMO. Also the Bungee Studio which use to make Halo is now owned by Activision and many of the old Halo team now works for Blizzard. So this opens up a couple of things.

Think Halo with some fantasy elements as an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obviously gonna be World of Rock and Roll Racing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Planetside is a shooter MMORPG. Tabula Rasa was a shooter MMORPG. Borderlands is a shooter RPG. Just because the term RPG is used does not mean it cannot be a shooter. Until actual game info is released about Titan I will hold to my guns about it being a shooter MMO based on all the other info that has been out there that is factual and reading between the lines from their recruitment needs for their next gen MMO(Titan).
    Yes, any comments I made on that was because I confused FPS with RTS. I totally agree that it can be a shooter MMORPG and that would make a lot of sense because it would offer a whole different game experience than WoW. I still left the edited part in there because some people still sometimes ask where Blizzard confirmed it's gonna be an MMO(RPG).

10+ Year Old Account
    My brother in law works at blizz and has confirmed to me it is a starcraft mmo. Time will prove me correct on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    My brother in law works at blizz and has confirmed to me it is a starcraft mmo. Time will prove me correct on this.
    My florist who works in huntington told me its a halo MMO.
    /shurg

TIME WILL PROVE ME CORRECT JUST LIKE WHEN I SAID THAT MITT ROMNEY WOULD WIN.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    No way would they make a Diablo MMO, if anything they would find a way to build a portal from WOW to Diablo. Any New MMO will not be set in a Sword and Sorcery Fantasy World. However, this leaves several options, Starcraft is SciFi, Blackthorne was SciFi Modern. My two best guesses right now.

Also the rumor I heard from someone who is working for _____ and gets drunk at BBQs was it was a SciFi FPS Action MMO. Granted he said if he said anymore he would have to kill me in the best Bond accent possible.

Granted this was 4 years ago and things might have changed since then, I haven't seen him in years.
    I think a sci-fi MMO or a shooter MMO would offer a very different gaming experience than WoW, so it does make a lot of sense to make an MMO with a whole different style. I still think that it's not impossible. A Diablo MMO would still offer a lot that could set it apart from WoW. It sure is kinda close in the sense that they're both "Sword and Sorcery fantasy", but yet the two worlds still offer a very different feel. Like I said before, Warcraft is Tolkien-like fantasy with elves and dwarves and orcs, while Diablo has none of that. Diablo concentrates more on the battle between heaven and hell, demons and angels, with the "humans" caught in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about what it will be, Diablo, Starcraft or new game, as I by the time it will be out I won't be playing any games anymore... However I still wonder why do people think it will be either Diablo or Starcraft and that's it... If we are talking about spin-off of some existing game why leave out the Warcraft?

To make it clear, Titans created Azeroth or did something with the planet, not important. But they have some kind of device that can wipe all the life and maybe even reshape the surface if the world is considered corrupted... So they can give us whole new world in a age they want to make a game in with different races. Maybe except the Orcs and Draenei... But they don't have to appear in the game too, or it may be cool to see Orcs and Draenei in different setting we are used to now.
    Last edited by RH92; 2013-01-07 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    My florist who works in huntington told me its a halo MMO.
    /shurg

TIME WILL PROVE ME CORRECT JUST LIKE WHEN I SAID THAT MITT ROMNEY WOULD WIN.
    "B-But my uncle works at nintendo and he said that..." - That one never gets old

I highly doubt they would make a new MMO based on some of the some concept in wow. Magic, Demons, etc etc. A world of Starcraft makes much more sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    i say, a diablo mmorpg would be awesome, but i doubt it
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I'm still waiting for Warcraft 4 or at least Warcraft 3 enhanced on the newer starcraft engine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starcraft Ghost comes back as an mmo?!?!?!

I don't really like speculating about stuff anymore so I'll just wait and see

P.S. http://nickcarver.blogspot.com.au/ <-- that is the website of the senior art director at blizzard that is currently working on TITAN. Just to have an idea for what type of aesthetic the game may have. Honestly I hope this is all bull shit and it really is it's own IP but if it's a spin off (and when I say spin off I mean juuuust barely related to the other IP) then I'd hope it'd be SC cause I've never been into the RTS genre but I'd like to try a Blizzard Sci Fi universe.
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2013-01-08 at 08:37 AM.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.
    World of Starcraft would be awesome. Though knowing Blizzard, it would take 30 years to come out, and still be worse than that mock-up video that came out a while ago.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."