Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post

Umm SC Ghost was finished, Blizzard Shelved it because they didn't like the distribution options they had at the time, and they felt it needed better quality.
    It was shelved because the release was planned on PS2 and the next Generation consoles were practically out by when it's developement was going on. The same reason they didn't release Lord of the Clans game which was pretty much finished (and has a playthrough video in Youtube) but not released due to the type of gaming "dying" off before it's time.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-01-09 at 09:52 AM.

I'd play World of Starcraft. I would not play World of "Diablocraft". Just so sick of the fantasy swords and magic shit.

i don't see them cutting their own arms off with a diablo mmo, it sounds like a good idea but why would they do this if it would basically make everyone that plays d3 switch to the mmo.

also the dedicated fans that like d3 would be the only ones to bother with its expansions.

it all seems a little arse backward to me. also someone said that titan was hinted at being a FPS. its also probably bull, but even that seems more likely to me.

I'd much rather a Starcraft MMO. Fuck Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    you other brothers can't deny
    10 char

respekt
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Most of the rumors are coming from people working for Activision-Blizzard, They are telling friends just so much as to not get in trouble with the NDAs. ie Sorry I can't tell you but if we drink a bunch I might let something slip because I'm a drunk type of friend who is working on project Titan.

This is why none of the rumors are confirmable, and none of them are all that clear. Blizzard has Admitted they are working on a Next Generation MMO which will not directly compete with WOW, it is not based on any current IP from Blizzard. However we also know that many of the people working on this project came from Bungie, and it includes many of the leads who worked on Halo.[COLOR="red"]
    Like it was pointed out in this thread, apparently only Zarhym said once that it's a new IP. And I'm asking myself, how much did he know about that project when he made that comment anyway. Maybe if it was one of the older, less popular, games of Blizzard, like Blackthorne, then maybe Zarhym didn't even know it and assumed it was a new IP, because it wasn't one of the 3 big franchises people knew.

Diablo 40k. And I am not joking. It is a new IP but it Is not. It is not Warcraft, I has something from couple IPs (starcraft and diablo). It is a spinoff. Not fantasy (so no competition with WoW). You've saw it first!

And it have to Sandbox. If you want do something new it cannot be a themepark. It is so sad that every mmo on eu-us market is a themepark. SWTOR failed so hard because SW fans wanted to LIVE in that world not just make some questes. I love WoW but why should i switch for a game with more raids, dungeons, quests, dailies? I miss a good sandbox so much. Everything on the market is either low budget (poor graphics, lots of bugs, not enough ppl) or old (UO). Eve is nice but i want to play my Avatar not his starship. Archage looks promising but who knows... Blizzard has made a great themepark. Now they can make even better sandbox and rule them all (mmo market). PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Last edited by uLotUu; 2013-01-09 at 12:40 PM.

It's a Facebook game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Like it was pointed out in this thread, apparently only Zarhym said once that it's a new IP. And I'm asking myself, how much did he know about that project when he made that comment anyway. Maybe if it was one of the older, less popular, games of Blizzard, like Blackthorne, then maybe Zarhym didn't even know it and assumed it was a new IP, because it wasn't one of the 3 big franchises people knew.
    During BlizzCon 2011 Rob Padro was very much into the whole "Titan is a new IP" when asked about it.

Also Bobby Kotick, in 2010 Q2 Activision earning callings confirmed that Blizzard is working on brand new IP named Titan to the shareholders (And lying to them is pretty much illegal)

It's called "Project Titan". The Titans are extremely advanced lifeforms (as can be seen by all the futuristic tech in WoW). I'd like to think that translates into a futuristic MMO of some kid (as was previously hinted to).

Of course you always have Chris Metzen's quote from BlizzCast 12 saying "Will we see actual titans one day." Rather that's related to WoW or Project Titan I suppose we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    It's called "Project Titan". The Titans are extremely advanced lifeforms (as can be seen by all the futuristic tech in WoW). I'd like to think that translates into a futuristic MMO of some kid (as was previously hinted to).

Of course you always have Chris Metzen's quote from BlizzCast 12 saying "Will we see actual titans one day." Rather that's related to WoW or Project Titan I suppose we'll see...
    Pretty much every Blizzard project has had similiar codenames to their projects before announcement so that is not indicative of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by twopacuafina View Post
    Whatever the new game is, can we please do away with fetch quests? Almost an entire expansion of kill x loot y is physically painful. Thankfully Blood DK's can pull 30 things at once and aoe them all down at almost all levels of MoP questing.
    So what do you have in mind?

/wave at mobs? It´s not that we have so much alternatives. All we can do is click something, and then something happens.
    For me it doesnt change much if something dies on my click or i loot shit on my click or whatever i happens when i click.

there won't be a World of Starcraft for the simple fact that the format its in right now is too successful as an esports. they're not gonna take their best cookie out of the esports cookie jar.

if its loosely based on an existing IP, its definitely World of Diablo or even World of Sanctuary. the world of sanctuary has everything that azeroth had to fill all the expansions and raids and dungeons for the next 10 years or so, just like WoW. if you've played any of the diablo games and WoW, you'll notice that a lot of skills are borrowed from each other.

based on the yes/no to new ip go-around, i'd say it'd be an MMO set in sanctuary, but at a different time period than the current diablo games.

It's gonna be Activision strong arming Blizzard into making Skylanders MMO, lol!

I think a Diablo MMO would be awesome, but something new would be even better. As far as a Starcraft MMO, That would be disappointing to me because I don't really care for Sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    During BlizzCon 2011 Rob Padro was very much into the whole "Titan is a new IP" when asked about it.

Also Bobby Kotick, in 2010 Q2 Activision earning callings confirmed that Blizzard is working on brand new IP named Titan to the shareholders (And lying to them is pretty much illegal)
    Ok then that wasn't correct. Then I think it's still at least possible, that they're either intentionally not telling the truth to mislead us, or because that it's really only somewhat of a new IP, because it's one of the less popular franchises. Before someone accuses me of desperately trying to look for scenarios where this guy's information can still be true, of course it's also possible it's completely made up. Who knows.

They did say it would be kind of like a First Person Shooter MMO, I'm thinking Starcraft would be ideal for this type of thing.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Ok then that wasn't correct. Then I think it's still at least possible, that they're either intentionally not telling the truth to mislead us, or because that it's really only somewhat of a new IP, because it's one of the less popular franchises. Before someone accuses me of desperately trying to look for scenarios where this guy's information can still be true, of course it's also possible it's completely made up. Who knows.
    I think with such little information we have to sort of go with Ocum's Razor. Blizard has said it will be a new IP...so the simplest solution is that it's probably a new IP.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.
    Because Starcraft isn't technically fantasy? Riiiight...
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    They did say it would be kind of like a First Person Shooter MMO, I'm thinking Starcraft would be ideal for this type of thing.
    No, they did not say such. This is the closest detail we've had of the game:

Jeff Kaplan on interview...

I think any type of [intellectual property] can survive. I'm shocked we haven't seen more sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic, historical MMOs; there's all these completely different fantasy settings beyond the traditional high fantasy ones." So is Blizzard's new MMO going to be sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic or historical? "All of those combined!" he said, laughing.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...console-games/

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    So is Blizzard's new MMO going to be sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic or historical? "All of those combined!" he said, laughing.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if that was actually the case. Would also make the most sense from the ingame ads perspective. Also, it would fit with Blackthorne (? not sure). But they'd have to pull off the theme/setting/art really well in order to make it interesting to me. I'm usually not really interested in all that post-apocalyptic stuff (especially if it's set on Earth).

It would certainly be a nice addition to their other franchises.