Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
... LastLast
  1. #641
    The shit people come up with...

    So the new theory is that Blizzard completely dropped something they had in production that was going to be their next super awesome big thing, and at one point claimed to have a working and playable prototype of, and are now working on something completely different? Because another company under the same publisher MIGHT be making something similar, all predicated on a rumor that Blizzard's project was originally an FPS because they acquired ONE developer from a company know for making FPS games?

    So this theory combines taking rumor for fact and hiding a HUGE project change from shareholders?

    How about that bridge? Got an offer yet?

  2. #642
    Titan is to Eve as Destiny is to Dust514.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

  3. #643
    Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    2,860
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Blizz devs were being pulled from WoW to work on Titan as far back as early/mid TBC. Maybe even earlier, but that's when the community started noticing. Aren't both Tigole and Furor on Titan now? I really doubt all those high profile Blizz devs scrapped the whole idea and are working on a Bungie project.
    Yea, the "big names", developers from blizz started working on Titan at around TBC / Wrath
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  4. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The shit people come up with...

    So the new theory is that Blizzard completely dropped something they had in production that was going to be their next super awesome big thing, and at one point claimed to have a working and playable prototype of, and are now working on something completely different? Because another company under the same publisher MIGHT be making something similar, all predicated on a rumor that Blizzard's project was originally an FPS because they acquired ONE developer from a company know for making FPS games?

    So this theory combines taking rumor for fact and hiding a HUGE project change from shareholders?

    How about that bridge? Got an offer yet?
    If Titan is an FPS why not give the reigns to a well known FPS company rather than an unknown in blizz devs? About the share holders. Im pretty sure nothing has been said about what Bungie was working on in those meetings so why would anything about titan be said either.

  5. #645
    The Lightbringer dragothica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,093
    What I'm sensing there will be lots of competition in the supposed MMOFPS-genre in the future, Titan, Destiny, Planetside 2, Firefall.. All about of the same genre..

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    If Titan is an FPS why not give the reigns to a well known FPS company rather than an unknown in blizz devs?
    Unknown? Seriously?

    You do realize that Titan's development is long plagued with fanboy bitching about taking away WoW's "A Team" of developers to work on Titan, right?
    About the share holders. Im pretty sure nothing has been said about what Bungie was working on in those meetings so why would anything about titan be said either.
    While I cannot recall the details right now of how both were covered in share holders meetings, Destiny was just officially unveiled. There is not one mention of Blizzard involvement at any step in the process.

    Not to mention there was that 27 page contract between Bungie and Activision, which also made no mention of Blizzard, that went into effect in 2010 at the latest and we have still been getting assurance from Blizzard after that time that they are still working on Titan. And none of the leaks that people hold up to such grand praise have hinted at such a huge change in development (not that this proves anything in my eyes, since I think all the leaks are bunk, but your theory operates on the "Titan = FPS" leak so you must hold them in higher regard than I do).
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2013-02-19 at 03:41 PM.

  7. #647
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Unknown? Seriously?

    You do realize that Titan's development is long plagued with fanboy bitching about taking away WoW's "A Team" of developers to work on Titan, right?

    While I cannot recall the details right now of how both were covered in share holders meetings, Destiny was just officially unveiled. There is not one mention of Blizzard involvement at any step in the process.
    Why should it be mentioned at the unveiling. Im just saying my theory of what Destiny used to be. Just because WoW's "A-Team" was working on Titan doesnt mean that they still arent working on it. Like i said i think Titan morphed into Destiny when bungie came and a New Titan started getting developed. This is all assuming Titan was always an FPS. If it wasnt then nvm.

    @Dragothica I see what your saying but i dont think they are targetting the same market of players. Not only is Destiny a console game but Firefall and Planetside not to mention Defiance are such vastly different games. Planetside is just Giant World 3 faction PvP. Its like playing CoD or Battle Field but on an even larger scale. Firefall is an RPG with quest hubs and missions and story, Planetside doesnt have that. Defiance is also more RPGish with Quest hubs and story. Destiny seems like it will play like a halo game but with alot more space With really good AI. I would say imagine the first halo game, you crash on the ring and can explore the entire thing, Except its populated by a hostile alien races that want to kill you. Thats what i think Destiny will feel like.

  8. #648
    I will laugh if Titan makes all FPS's and any attempted MMO outside WoW look laughable. Hell the amount of time, resources, and secrecy on it I expect nothing but that.

    Lets be honest too Blizzard has created 3 of the best franchises in the videogame industry. Halo has mostly been Dethroned to CoD and stolen from the original companys hands by Microsoft. The only thing Bungie accomplished was making a shooter not an MMO.

    Also considering it's Activision Blizzard and not Activision Bungie and I'm sure Blizz pulls profits Bungie could never obtain even in it's wildest dreams they aren't handing off their project to anyone.

    TLDR : Destiny is not Titan because Titan is not going to be console port dogshit. Why the HELL would Blizzard a PC online focused company work on something for 5 years then hand it off and the project broken down and scrapped in console garbage.

    if Destiny wasn't even shown on the main Warcraft fan site ads noone would even be speculating it is Titan. WTF guys.

    Whats the logic going to be next week? That Comic book men is a warcraft spinoff series because they got adspace on MMO champ. Or perhaps the new Rogaine hair suppliment items for your character from the blizzard store ~ too be anounced.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-19 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    getting banned from mmoc is like being let out of your jail cell when your sentence is over.

  9. #649
    I hope that they stay away from guns. That would be like WoW with hunter class only.

    Medieval times mixed with real history, myths and legends.
    Swords ftw <3

  10. #650
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Why should it be mentioned at the unveiling.
    Because taking away a huge project being worked on by one of the most successful development studios in the industry and handing it to another would be a big fucking deal.

    For it not to be mentioned in the Activision/Bungie deal would open up a host of legal problems.

  11. #651
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    TLDR : Destiny is not Titan because Titan is not going to be console port dogshit. Why the HELL would Blizzard a PC online focused company work on something for 5 years then hand it off and the project broken down and scrapped in console garbage.

    if Destiny wasn't even shown on the main Warcraft fan site ads noone would even be speculating it is Titan. WTF guys.
    Because if Titan is an FPS and blizzard has never made an FPS why not hand it over to a company that makes oh i dont FPS games? Oh and it has nothing to do with adds on this site. Ive been wanting to know what Titan is just like everyone else for a long time. Also lots of ppl have speculated that Bungie and Blizzard were working on a new game together, I remember seeing a pic multiple times showing Blizz hireing for a next gen MMO with multiple positions available. So next gen MMO, what is a Next Gen MMO? Maybe a MMO on Next Gen Consoles? If so Destiny is going to be released on Next Gen Consoles even more reason to believe that Destiny is the original Titan.

    Im guessing some ppl dont even want to think of this possibility because they love their computer so much and hate consoles and the thought of blizzards next big thing being on console dissapoints them but i didnt say Titan was dead, i just said it got shifted. There will still be a Titan its just a different game than what it previously was, as the guy who created this thread said its now going to be a spin off. So who knows what it will be now.

    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Because taking away a huge project being worked on by one of the most successful development studios in the industry and handing it to another would be a big fucking deal.

    For it not to be mentioned in the Activision/Bungie deal would open up a host of legal problems.
    All im saying is that IF it was an FPS it makes sense, Blizz has never produced an FPS, Just because your a successful development studio does not mean you can make a FPS let alone a FPSMMO. It makes sense why you would let Bungie handle the FPS side of the game. As for it not being mentioned the investors have no idea what Titan is. Do they know its an MMO? Do they know what Genre it is? Action? FPS? RTS? I thought not. Like i said "Titan" is still being developed its just a different game than it was b4 at least thats what i think. I didnt say "Hey blizz your no longer doing this game, bungie is now doing it, you guys go back to WoW,SC2,D3" What i said was "Hey blizz we got these FPS guys here that are gonna be working on this game and we eventually want them to take it over, in the mean time start developing this new game as we start to phase you out of what we currently have you working on."
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2013-02-19 at 04:18 PM.

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    Medieval times mixed with real history, myths and legends.
    Swords ftw <3
    That's just Witcher, and I'm pretty certain the next Witcher after the 3rd one will be MMO.

  13. #653
    If the pvp will be good i will be playing it, also think that a scifi mmo would be nice but i rather have a new ip then a starcraft mmo.

  14. #654
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I will laugh if Titan makes all FPS's and any attempted MMO outside WoW look laughable. Hell the amount of time, resources, and secrecy on it I expect nothing but that.
    If huge amount of time/resources invested would guarantee a great game then I'd still be playing Diablo 3 instead of waiting for the next game

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Because if Titan is an FPS and blizzard has never made an FPS why not hand it over to a company that makes oh i dont FPS games?
    Because then it wouldn't be a Blizzard game? oO what are you even talking about?
    Last edited by Doylez; 2013-02-19 at 04:50 PM.

  15. #655
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Because if Titan is an FPS and blizzard has never made an FPS why not hand it over to a company that makes oh i dont FPS games? Oh and it has nothing to do with adds on this site. Ive been wanting to know what Titan is just like everyone else for a long time. Also lots of ppl have speculated that Bungie and Blizzard were working on a new game together, I remember seeing a pic multiple times showing Blizz hireing for a next gen MMO with multiple positions available. So next gen MMO, what is a Next Gen MMO? Maybe a MMO on Next Gen Consoles? If so Destiny is going to be released on Next Gen Consoles even more reason to believe that Destiny is the original Titan.

    Im guessing some ppl dont even want to think of this possibility because they love their computer so much and hate consoles and the thought of blizzards next big thing being on console dissapoints them but i didnt say Titan was dead, i just said it got shifted. There will still be a Titan its just a different game than what it previously was, as the guy who created this thread said its now going to be a spin off. So who knows what it will be now.



    All im saying is that IF it was an FPS it makes sense, Blizz has never produced an FPS, Just because your a successful development studio does not mean you can make a FPS let alone a FPSMMO. It makes sense why you would let Bungie handle the FPS side of the game. As for it not being mentioned the investors have no idea what Titan is. Do they know its an MMO? Do they know what Genre it is? Action? FPS? RTS? I thought not. Like i said "Titan" is still being developed its just a different game than it was b4 at least thats what i think. I didnt say "Hey blizz your no longer doing this game, bungie is now doing it, you guys go back to WoW,SC2,D3" What i said was "Hey blizz we got these FPS guys here that are gonna be working on this game and we eventually want them to take it over, in the mean time start developing this new game as we start to phase you out of what we currently have you working on."
    Yes you are so correct Activision took Blizzard project they have been working on for 5+ years.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 04:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    If huge amount of time/resources invested would guarantee a great game then I'd still be playing Diablo 3 instead of waiting for the next game


    Because then it wouldn't be a Blizzard game? oO what are you even talking about?
    Diablo is exactly what was promised. Not sure what monstocity players expected between Diablo 2 - now. Did they expect it to be an actual MMO and not a hack and slash loot rpg?
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional Shitposter View Post
    getting banned from mmoc is like being let out of your jail cell when your sentence is over.

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Because if Titan is an FPS and blizzard has never made an FPS why not hand it over to a company that makes oh i dont FPS games? Oh and it has nothing to do with adds on this site. Ive been wanting to know what Titan is just like everyone else for a long time. Also lots of ppl have speculated that Bungie and Blizzard were working on a new game together, I remember seeing a pic multiple times showing Blizz hireing for a next gen MMO with multiple positions available. So next gen MMO, what is a Next Gen MMO? Maybe a MMO on Next Gen Consoles? If so Destiny is going to be released on Next Gen Consoles even more reason to believe that Destiny is the original Titan.

    Im guessing some ppl dont even want to think of this possibility because they love their computer so much and hate consoles and the thought of blizzards next big thing being on console dissapoints them but i didnt say Titan was dead, i just said it got shifted. There will still be a Titan its just a different game than what it previously was, as the guy who created this thread said its now going to be a spin off. So who knows what it will be now.



    All im saying is that IF it was an FPS it makes sense, Blizz has never produced an FPS, Just because your a successful development studio does not mean you can make a FPS let alone a FPSMMO. It makes sense why you would let Bungie handle the FPS side of the game. As for it not being mentioned the investors have no idea what Titan is. Do they know its an MMO? Do they know what Genre it is? Action? FPS? RTS? I thought not. Like i said "Titan" is still being developed its just a different game than it was b4 at least thats what i think. I didnt say "Hey blizz your no longer doing this game, bungie is now doing it, you guys go back to WoW,SC2,D3" What i said was "Hey blizz we got these FPS guys here that are gonna be working on this game and we eventually want them to take it over, in the mean time start developing this new game as we start to phase you out of what we currently have you working on."
    You seem to think repeating the same thing over and over will eventually make people ignore the holes in your logic.

    Studios that have never worked on a genre of game before can branch out and be successful. Like that little company that made a few puzzle games, RTS games and dungeon crawlers that went on to make the most successful MMORPG of all time. Now what were they called...?

  17. #657
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Because if Titan is an FPS and blizzard has never made an FPS why not hand it over to a company that makes oh i dont FPS games? Oh and it has nothing to do with adds on this site. Ive been wanting to know what Titan is just like everyone else for a long time. Also lots of ppl have speculated that Bungie and Blizzard were working on a new game together, I remember seeing a pic multiple times showing Blizz hireing for a next gen MMO with multiple positions available. So next gen MMO, what is a Next Gen MMO? Maybe a MMO on Next Gen Consoles? If so Destiny is going to be released on Next Gen Consoles even more reason to believe that Destiny is the original Titan.

    Im guessing some ppl dont even want to think of this possibility because they love their computer so much and hate consoles and the thought of blizzards next big thing being on console dissapoints them but i didnt say Titan was dead, i just said it got shifted. There will still be a Titan its just a different game than what it previously was, as the guy who created this thread said its now going to be a spin off. So who knows what it will be now.
    There's just so much that's wrong with your speculation that it's hard to know where to start.

    Destiny was announced for this gen consoles, not net gen consoles.

    That you would think the term "next gen MMO" refers to a MMO on next gen consoles is weird.

    Blizzard hasn't even bothered to port Diablo 3 to consoles yet even though it's perfectly made for console controllers and you think their next big project that they've been working on for years is going to be console-only.

    Battle.net doesn't work on consoles.

    You are saying Titan is going to be a different game than what it was previously even though you have no proof of what it was before or what it is now.

  18. #658
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But Diablo is very different from WoW. And you don't know what kind of combat system it could have etc. The game could be very different from WoW in a lot of aspects. Just knowing that it both involves swords and magic isn't enough.



    Yes Blizzard has said it's a new IP. And then there is this guy who claims that that is not entirely true. Futuristic doesn't sound like Diablo, though, but I would like a source on that.
    They have stated to shareholders their next gen MMO is a new IP. They cannot lie to shareholders. How would in game marketing for current wholesale brands wok in Diablo?

  19. #659
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    There's just so much that's wrong with your speculation that it's hard to know where to start.

    Destiny was announced for this gen consoles, not net gen consoles.

    That you would think the term "next gen MMO" refers to a MMO on next gen consoles is weird.

    Blizzard hasn't even bothered to port Diablo 3 to consoles yet even though it's perfectly made for console controllers and you think their next big project that they've been working on for years is going to be console-only.

    Battle.net doesn't work on consoles.

    You are saying Titan is going to be a different game than what it was previously even though you have no proof of what it was before or what it is now.
    Cant announce a game to be released on a console that hasnt even been announced yet.

    Actually im saying its my theory. All we have to go on is speculation and im speculating. No one has proof of anything except what has been said publicly.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2013-02-19 at 05:40 PM.

  20. #660
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    All this speculation boils down to one thing. Is Activision Blizzard ballsy enough to outright lie to their stockholders during the recaps, act that would probably imprison all the involved, or are they not?
    That, plus they have talked about the issues with taking a popular long time standing game and making a sequel to it and how it never has worked out. They could risk everything by making WoW 2 and making everyone start all over. I highly doubt that will happen. They Will continue to make upgrades to the engine and possibly convert to a modern one down the road. They have been the king since 2004 and have seen how every other business has failed trying to topple the giant. They are smart enough to not make similar mistakes. Just like they are smart enough not to lie to their investors.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If the Atlas shirt is legit it is definitely a deliberate leak. By Blizzard.
    Or that could be the red herring making us think it may be SC related.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Did you read before you typed?



    Sorry if you haven't been paying attention. I don't really feel like schooling you on the entirety of what's known about this project. However, briefly, we do know that it is a MMORPG and most speculation points towards an MMO FPS. While that is unconfirmeds as of yet, it is the leading theory. We also know that it's a new IP and (even less confirmed than it being FPS) many believe it will be space related.

    If you are incapable of drawing connections between that information and what's been announced for Destiny, I'm sorry.
    The only things we know about Titan that are confirmed are that it IS a new IP. It will have in game advertising for actual real world products. And that is will not compete with any of the current Blizzard games. Everything else said about the game is pure speculation and I do my fair share of it. But it is just that. A bunch of nothing crudely pieced together from snip its of interviews, some vague blue posts, "insider" rumors, and guesses from watching their recruitment pages.

    The fact that you say it being a new IP(confirmed by Blizzard), is less confirmed than it being a FPS(pure fan speculation) shows that you cannot school anyone even with the facts blatantly out there for you to see.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    actually its confirmed by a blue post long time ago that it will bring a new franchise which combine the rpg and fps elements, i can't link any source cus this was years ago.


    edit: i'm calling it now, titan will be "starcraft: ghost" which they scrapped years ago,( it was supposed to be a fps game) just that instead they will bring something other then starcraft, starting a whole new franchise.
    If that were the case we would have seen that blue post by now. But if you are thinking of the blue post by a former CM at the time he mentioned that it was huge, beautiful, the world was full of life and character and that the game had something for everyone. That was the jist of his post and that was years ago.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    prove it or it did happen


    edit: also they most likely removed it
    Actually you are the trying to admit into evidence a post you are citing. The burden of proof is on you.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    It's world of starcraft, they said it's a new IP but there's no chance they're going to juggle 4 universes and they lied about D3 before it was announced at blizzcon. Lots of people enjoy watching starcraft but not playing it so they can bridge their audiences and the games with an MMO. It would allow them to play around in a new setting(futuristic/sci-fi). It would allow them to market the game as having 3 factions and they could somehow implement a universe with many planets to explore.

    I could be entirely off point, but that's what makes the most sense to me.
    But that was to us not to shareholders. There is a world of difference. Jail time for starters.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Could be a joint project with Blizzard doing the MMO aspect. Who knows...this could also be the other unnamed project that was listed earlier in the thread.

    It's interesting that all of the stuff we've heard about Titan sounds like what's in this new game..don't want to irritate the mods so back to Titan specific stuff though, I'll check out the Destiny thread.

    Edit, couldn't find the Destiny megathread and it isn't listed in the megathreads list.... someone should make one or link the existing thread for me plz?
    PURE SPECULATION COMING.

    Maybe Destiny is the Dust 514 to Titan's EVE online?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •