Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
44
... LastLast
  1. #661
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    But Diablo is very different from WoW. And you don't know what kind of combat system it could have etc. The game could be very different from WoW in a lot of aspects. Just knowing that it both involves swords and magic isn't enough.



    Yes Blizzard has said it's a new IP. And then there is this guy who claims that that is not entirely true. Futuristic doesn't sound like Diablo, though, but I would like a source on that.
    They have stated to shareholders their next gen MMO is a new IP. They cannot lie to shareholders. How would in game marketing for current wholesale brands wok in Diablo?

  2. #662
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    There's just so much that's wrong with your speculation that it's hard to know where to start.

    Destiny was announced for this gen consoles, not net gen consoles.

    That you would think the term "next gen MMO" refers to a MMO on next gen consoles is weird.

    Blizzard hasn't even bothered to port Diablo 3 to consoles yet even though it's perfectly made for console controllers and you think their next big project that they've been working on for years is going to be console-only.

    Battle.net doesn't work on consoles.

    You are saying Titan is going to be a different game than what it was previously even though you have no proof of what it was before or what it is now.
    Cant announce a game to be released on a console that hasnt even been announced yet.

    Actually im saying its my theory. All we have to go on is speculation and im speculating. No one has proof of anything except what has been said publicly.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2013-02-19 at 05:40 PM.

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    All this speculation boils down to one thing. Is Activision Blizzard ballsy enough to outright lie to their stockholders during the recaps, act that would probably imprison all the involved, or are they not?
    That, plus they have talked about the issues with taking a popular long time standing game and making a sequel to it and how it never has worked out. They could risk everything by making WoW 2 and making everyone start all over. I highly doubt that will happen. They Will continue to make upgrades to the engine and possibly convert to a modern one down the road. They have been the king since 2004 and have seen how every other business has failed trying to topple the giant. They are smart enough to not make similar mistakes. Just like they are smart enough not to lie to their investors.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If the Atlas shirt is legit it is definitely a deliberate leak. By Blizzard.
    Or that could be the red herring making us think it may be SC related.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Did you read before you typed?



    Sorry if you haven't been paying attention. I don't really feel like schooling you on the entirety of what's known about this project. However, briefly, we do know that it is a MMORPG and most speculation points towards an MMO FPS. While that is unconfirmeds as of yet, it is the leading theory. We also know that it's a new IP and (even less confirmed than it being FPS) many believe it will be space related.

    If you are incapable of drawing connections between that information and what's been announced for Destiny, I'm sorry.
    The only things we know about Titan that are confirmed are that it IS a new IP. It will have in game advertising for actual real world products. And that is will not compete with any of the current Blizzard games. Everything else said about the game is pure speculation and I do my fair share of it. But it is just that. A bunch of nothing crudely pieced together from snip its of interviews, some vague blue posts, "insider" rumors, and guesses from watching their recruitment pages.

    The fact that you say it being a new IP(confirmed by Blizzard), is less confirmed than it being a FPS(pure fan speculation) shows that you cannot school anyone even with the facts blatantly out there for you to see.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    actually its confirmed by a blue post long time ago that it will bring a new franchise which combine the rpg and fps elements, i can't link any source cus this was years ago.


    edit: i'm calling it now, titan will be "starcraft: ghost" which they scrapped years ago,( it was supposed to be a fps game) just that instead they will bring something other then starcraft, starting a whole new franchise.
    If that were the case we would have seen that blue post by now. But if you are thinking of the blue post by a former CM at the time he mentioned that it was huge, beautiful, the world was full of life and character and that the game had something for everyone. That was the jist of his post and that was years ago.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ikas6 View Post
    prove it or it did happen


    edit: also they most likely removed it
    Actually you are the trying to admit into evidence a post you are citing. The burden of proof is on you.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    It's world of starcraft, they said it's a new IP but there's no chance they're going to juggle 4 universes and they lied about D3 before it was announced at blizzcon. Lots of people enjoy watching starcraft but not playing it so they can bridge their audiences and the games with an MMO. It would allow them to play around in a new setting(futuristic/sci-fi). It would allow them to market the game as having 3 factions and they could somehow implement a universe with many planets to explore.

    I could be entirely off point, but that's what makes the most sense to me.
    But that was to us not to shareholders. There is a world of difference. Jail time for starters.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 05:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Could be a joint project with Blizzard doing the MMO aspect. Who knows...this could also be the other unnamed project that was listed earlier in the thread.

    It's interesting that all of the stuff we've heard about Titan sounds like what's in this new game..don't want to irritate the mods so back to Titan specific stuff though, I'll check out the Destiny thread.

    Edit, couldn't find the Destiny megathread and it isn't listed in the megathreads list.... someone should make one or link the existing thread for me plz?
    PURE SPECULATION COMING.

    Maybe Destiny is the Dust 514 to Titan's EVE online?

  4. #664
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    The only things we know about Titan that are confirmed are that it IS a new IP.
    People like to refute this for some reason, especially ones that use 'insider sources' as proof. They continuously point that their given source has 'never' been wrong, or always predicted things, etc, etc...even when the person in question admits they are a friend of a friend of 'someone' who works at Blizzard. It's like talking to the mailman's sister of a Blizzard janitor somehow enlightens us on all things we could possibly need to know.

    As a serious statement though, there are ways they can create a new IP but stay within the realm of their currently established ones. It's not really uncommon either. Realistically we would call it a spin off....but that would give too much away too early. Some examples of new IPs from existing IPs would be how they made the show Torchlight from pieces of the Doctor Who universe. Sure it shares some backstory and characters, but the elements that make up the IP are radically different than Doctor Who.

    It would be like Starbucks creating juice shops. Sure they still make beverages, but it's not the same thing.

    Blizzard could easily do this with Starcraft by going many years forwards or backwards from where the games show them to be. You wouldn't have characters from any of the games, protoss and zerg probably wouldn't exist other than myths/easter eggs, and it wouldn't be centered around military campaigns relevant to gameplay in Starcraft. It could be a FPS, it could be action combat, it could honestly be anything.

    I guess the same could be done for Diablo, if you fast forward so many years that the Nephalem are dead legends, magic has ceased to be common, and that world progressed into a science based future. Maybe technomagic if you wanted to keep some fantasy elements.

    Whatever the case, it's fairly easy to establish a new IP with a basis on something else. I guess this is why people are so eager to believe it's nothing new. Idk.
    BAD WOLF

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Titan is to Eve as Destiny is to Dust514.
    Damn you. I was too late.

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    PURE SPECULATION COMING.

    Maybe Destiny is the Dust 514 to Titan's EVE online?
    Beat you too it
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Titan is to Eve as Destiny is to Dust514.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  7. #667
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Damn you. I was too late.
    sorry :X

    +10char
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    If huge amount of time/resources invested would guarantee a great game then I'd still be playing Diablo 3 instead of waiting for the next game

    Except you basically had two games made in that time. Halfway through they scrapped the original D9 team because it was just a spruced up D2 and Blizzard was not happy with the direction and started fresh.

  9. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Except you basically had two games made in that time. Halfway through they scrapped the original D9 team because it was just a spruced up D2 and Blizzard was not happy with the direction and started fresh.
    Actually, the Blizzard North devs left with the Vivendi acquisition of Blizzard, so the project was scrapped. Blizzard then re-made the game.

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    People like to refute this for some reason, especially ones that use 'insider sources' as proof. They continuously point that their given source has 'never' been wrong, or always predicted things, etc, etc...even when the person in question admits they are a friend of a friend of 'someone' who works at Blizzard. It's like talking to the mailman's sister of a Blizzard janitor somehow enlightens us on all things we could possibly need to know.

    As a serious statement though, there are ways they can create a new IP but stay within the realm of their currently established ones. It's not really uncommon either. Realistically we would call it a spin off....but that would give too much away too early. Some examples of new IPs from existing IPs would be how they made the show Torchlight from pieces of the Doctor Who universe. Sure it shares some backstory and characters, but the elements that make up the IP are radically different than Doctor Who.

    It would be like Starbucks creating juice shops. Sure they still make beverages, but it's not the same thing.

    Blizzard could easily do this with Starcraft by going many years forwards or backwards from where the games show them to be. You wouldn't have characters from any of the games, protoss and zerg probably wouldn't exist other than myths/easter eggs, and it wouldn't be centered around military campaigns relevant to gameplay in Starcraft. It could be a FPS, it could be action combat, it could honestly be anything.

    I guess the same could be done for Diablo, if you fast forward so many years that the Nephalem are dead legends, magic has ceased to be common, and that world progressed into a science based future. Maybe technomagic if you wanted to keep some fantasy elements.

    Whatever the case, it's fairly easy to establish a new IP with a basis on something else. I guess this is why people are so eager to believe it's nothing new. Idk.
    Exactly. That is why of all the speculation to date, unless it was a deliberate ruse, the Atlas rumors, being set in the SC universe but hundreds or thousands of years before SC1 are probably correct. Technically it is part of the SC IP but it would be so far removed from anything we know about SC it would be entirely new. That also plays into the quote from Kaplan I believe, which said something like Titan will be set in the future and the past. SC would be the future, Titan would be the past.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 06:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Actually, the Blizzard North devs left with the Vivendi acquisition of Blizzard, so the project was scrapped. Blizzard then re-made the game.
    People left due to the acquisition but they were still making D3 until Vivendi closed the studio down. One of the major reasons cited was that Vivedni was not happy with what they deemed to be poor development of D at the time. So it is kinda of both. Major players left and the game was pretty much crap. So Vivendi put the kibosh on it and started anew. If it was anything of quality BN may have been around to finish it.

  11. #671
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    People left due to the acquisition but they were still making D3 until Vivendi closed the studio down. One of the major reasons cited was that Vivedni was not happy with what they deemed to be poor development of D at the time. So it is kinda of both. Major players left and the game was pretty much crap. So Vivendi put the kibosh on it and started anew. If it was anything of quality BN may have been around to finish it.
    Atleast from what I remember, Bill Roper who was one of the earliest members of Blizzard and in later date more associated with Blizzard N. left the studio because Vivendi started meddling with WoW developement relatively late in the cycle, pushing for more EQ like experience and tarnishing what he considered to be the original intent.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2013-02-19 at 06:46 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

    "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

  12. #672
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Atleast from what I remember, Bill Roper who was one of the earliest members of Blizzard and in later date more associated with Blizzard N. left the studio because Vivendi started meddling with WoW developement relatively late in the cycle, pushing for more EQ like experience and tarnishing what he considered to be the original intent.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Bill-...rd-58892.shtml

    Take that for what it's worth. It doesn't really mention anything about WoW, but was basically a failed power play for his team. I also chuckled when the article mentioned Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 in 2007. Lol.

    I don't know why people claim Roper is so amazing. He hasn't done anything great since he left Blizzard. Clearly it was more than his talent that was making him successful. I am highly critical of Disney's decision to hire him for the head of their game division. After the recent busts they've been having there, it's a very odd choice indeed to pick someone who hasn't proven worth in almost a decade.

    He must have had some really amazing ideas or laced their drinks with PCP.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-19 at 07:26 PM.
    BAD WOLF

  13. #673
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Veknilash
    Posts
    104
    Could it not be a 'warcraft' mmo but instead about the war between the titans and the burning legion? thats not warcraft, warcraft was between orcs and humans.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

  14. #674
    High Overlord Laylie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Area 11
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I'm surprised we haven't opened a portal in WoW to explore the worlds of Diablo or Starcraft. True either could be an MMO in their own right but just think... Diablo expansion would be a very dark and gritty world that has been over run by demons... it could introduce a taint system for your character which visually changes the look of your spells or casting animations... Starcraft expansion includes a rise in the former insectoid kingdoms in which they open a portal to the Zerg we follow and encounter a new race of psionically gifted warriors (new race/class combinations). Blizzard make it happen!
    Outlands......

  15. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Not to get too off topic, but simply using steam and having cogs and gears doesn't make it steampunk. Part of steampunk is the quasi-Victorian England aesthetic, in fact that's actually kinda a really important part.
    Technically if it's cogs and gears as opposed to steam, it's clockpunk (based on the earlier technological revolution of clockwork mechanics as opposed to the later steam power revolution) :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    It's getting off topic but again I have to disagree. http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...lish/steampunk. It has nothing to do with the Victorian setting, it's just alternate technology that uses steam machinery instead of electronics and gas engines. The movies Wild Wild West and 9 are classified as steampunk and don't have nothing to do with Victorian England. Also most other steampunk games and movies don't take place in that setting. What you're saying is basically the same as saying fantasy can only take place in Middle Earth and has to feature elves, dorfs and orcs.

    While I agree that WoW is not a pure steampunk game, it is heavily influenced by it and features a lot of steampunk technology. Yes there are also spaceships etc. but it's rare and they mostly just occur once or during a single expansion. Steampunk technology and elements are a huge part of WoW lore and are everywhere starting with the tram in SW and ending with all the flying machines, steam tanks and other machinery found at nearly every corner.
    Mmm, debatable I suppose. Steampunk is often a literary homage to the style and works of Jules Verne, H.G. Wells and other classic science fiction authors, which is where the Victorian thing comes from. The genre began in the 60s and the seminal works definitely had that whole Victorian aesthetic and theme. It was a pretty kooky minor genre for a long time but has had a big resurgence in recent years with CGI making its look a lot easier to achieve. It may have gotten to a stage now where it's possible to divorce the visual iconography of steampunk from its Victorian literature roots but that's a very recent development if true.

  16. #676
    Whatever it's going to be, due to all speculation it will not live up to the peoples expectations.
    So in other words, you could say it will suck.

    Now onto the subject of Titan itself:

    Blizzard allrdy has 3 "mmo's" with different genres: WoW, SWtor2, and Diablo, so lets assume it has nothing to do with either of them as they claim. It wont be involving intergalactic stuff, hellish demons and shit from diablo, Horde/alliance, orcs, humans, panda's etc.

    What are titans? We all know they were the gods that created azeroth. However, wiki has this about it:

    "In Greek mythology, the Titans (Greek: Τιτάν—Ti-tan; plural: Τιτᾶνες—Ti-tânes) were a primeval race of powerful deities, descendants of Gaia (Earth) and Uranus (Heaven), that ruled during the legendary Golden Age. They were immortal huge beings of incredible strength and stamina and were also the first pantheon of Greco-Roman gods and goddesses. In the first generation of twelve Titans, the males were Oceanus, Hyperion, Coeus, Cronus, Crius and Iapetus and the females - the Titanesses - were Mnemosyne, Tethys, Theia, Phoebe, Rhea and Themis. The second generation of Titans consisted of Hyperion's children Eos, Helios, and Selene; Coeus's daughters Leto and Asteria; Iapetus's children Atlas, Prometheus, Epimetheus, and Menoetius; Oceanus' daughter Metis; and Crius's sons Astraeus, Pallas, and Perses." (haha uranus)

    So going on that, and the fact that it will have nothing to do with wow, swtor and diablo, i think it will be a MMO RPG, focused around the greek/roman era. With several factions (greek, spartans, perzians, etc.) and several world bosses based on old mythology (Hades, etc.). There will be homestead options (thats why they tried tillers farm), and a big open world with myhological creatures because of a BS story along the lines of: "Titans are pissed, they pee down on us from heaven and they unleash stuff on the earth".

    Im the first that stated this, so credit me if im right in about a year. Cheers
    Last edited by Derper; 2013-02-21 at 02:59 PM.

  17. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by Derper View Post
    Whatever it's going to be, due to all speculation it will not live up to the peoples expectations.
    So in other words, you could say it will suck.

    Now onto the subject of Titan itself:

    Blizzard allrdy has 3 "mmo's" with different genres: WoW, SWtor2, and Diablo, so lets assume it has nothing to do with either of them as they claim. It wont be involving intergalactic stuff, hellish demons and shit from diablo, Horde/alliance, orcs, humans, panda's etc.

    What are titans? We all know they were the gods that created azeroth. However, wiki has this about it:

    "In Greek mythology, the Titans (Greek: Τιτάν—Ti-tan; plural: Τιτᾶνες—Ti-tânes) were a primeval race of powerful deities, descendants of Gaia (Earth) and Uranus (Heaven), that ruled during the legendary Golden Age. They were immortal huge beings of incredible strength and stamina and were also the first pantheon of Greco-Roman gods and goddesses. In the first generation of twelve Titans, the males were Oceanus, Hyperion, Coeus, Cronus, Crius and Iapetus and the females - the Titanesses - were Mnemosyne, Tethys, Theia, Phoebe, Rhea and Themis. The second generation of Titans consisted of Hyperion's children Eos, Helios, and Selene; Coeus's daughters Leto and Asteria; Iapetus's children Atlas, Prometheus, Epimetheus, and Menoetius; Oceanus' daughter Metis; and Crius's sons Astraeus, Pallas, and Perses." (haha uranus)

    So going on that, and the fact that it will have nothing to do with wow, swtor and diablo, i think it will be a MMO RPG, focused around the greek/roman era. With several factions (greek, spartans, perzians, etc.) and several world bosses based on old mythology (Hades, etc.). There will be homestead options (thats why they tried tillers farm), and a big open world with myhological creatures because of a BS story along the lines of: "Titans are pissed, they pee down on us from heaven and they unleash stuff on the earth".

    Im the first that stated this, so credit me if im right in about a year. Cheers
    It is already known that they have hired programmers to work in real time in game advertising for current products. This is fact. Explain how anything other than a modern day, near future, or future setting can be possible with a Coca-Cola or Mcdonald's ads in game?

  18. #678
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Explain how anything other than a modern day, near future, or future setting can be possible with a Coca-Cola or Mcdonald's ads in game?
    Ahem...

    *HEAR YE HEAR YE! Ye Olde Mackus Donaldus hath created a divine ambrosia of meat for thine tongue. Come whet your appetite with the new McSpartan. 4 stones of freshly slaughtered calf roasted over a sacrifical pyre between two wheat loaves dipped in lambs blood. Only 3 stones for the next fortnight!*
    BAD WOLF

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by Derper View Post
    i think it will be a MMO RPG, focused around the greek/roman era.
    Project codenames often have absolutely nothing to do with the content of the final product.

    EX: Starcraft 2's code name was Medusa. Diablo 3's was Hydra. Etc.

    Blizzard just has a thing for Greco-Roman mythology when it comes to throw away names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derper View Post
    Im the first that stated this, so credit me if im right in about a year. Cheers
    No. You really, really aren't.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

    Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

  20. #680
    Pandaren Monk Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Enchanted Forest near the city of Keldor
    Posts
    1,973
    I really hope its not an fps... we have too many fps on the market as it is. And the last thing I want is another game to cater to the CoD crowd just because that sort of thing is popular.

    I woulnt mind a modern day scenario game. But not in first person, maybe a third person action rpg, something new, blizzard have already proved they are kings of the RTS, I wouldn't mind seeing them put their cut on something fresh.
    Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •