Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am hoping that Titan will be an MMO that alters its environment based on the actions of the server. This isn't a new concept since WoW does alter environments with patchs and xpacs and GW2 has world events can manipulate the surroundings. I am imagining this concept taken to an extreme level. One where the actions of players and their guilds will shaped the layout of the Titan world to the point where individual servers are nothing alike.

Using Warcraft as a template, imagine playing on a server where Stormwind was destroyed by Deathwing; a server where the Scourge retake the Undercity; a server where Hillsbrad is still under Alliance control. I know they were time consuming, but events like the opening of AQ made you really feel like you were a part of a community. I think the next gen of MMO needs to make the environment and server just as much of a living, changing entity as the player himself/herself.

Maybe, "Titan" means that we will play as the god-like toons who shape the world around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonnau View Post
    Maybe, "Titan" means that we will play as the god-like toons who shape the world around us.
    Act raiser online!!!

But I think we should probably stick to what blizzungie has said. This is probably a 3rd person shooter mmo, aimed at casual play, that takes place in the destiny universe.

:P

Watch it happen.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Act raiser online!!!

But I think we should probably stick to what blizzungie has said. This is probably a 3rd person shooter mmo, aimed at casual play, that takes place in the destiny universe.

:P

Watch it happen.
    http://titanfocus.info/_/news/top-5-...-far-r26#franc
    Read #4 "With Broad Appeal". It talks about what you're saying.

Also, can we please post this when someone says Destiny = Titan?
    http://titanfocus.info/_/news/forget...tan-mmorpg-r49
    A snapshot of the quarterly report which specifies Bungie's new IP and separately Blizz's new MMORPG.
    Last edited by link4117; 2013-03-03 at 05:35 AM.

I can tell you that if this turns out to be an MMOFPS, I will have zero interest in it. Still crossing fingers for Diablo MMORPG.
    The Most Astounding Fact of the Universe

Invisible flying spaghetti monster in the sky bless America.

Why has nobody mentioned this?

Titan, The Fighting Fantasy World
    Map of Titan

Titan was a world created in the 1980's by two guys called Steve Jackson and Ian Livingsone and set in a series of books for children. I was a huge fan and have the whole collection in my cellar. Today, both authors are now Computer game developers and both of them have received CBE's for their work AND both of them have WORKED FOR ACTIVISION in the past.

Could these guys be working in conjunction with Blizzard and Activision to bring this world to life??? I know it's another Fantasy world, but it would be a damn fine one.
    Last edited by Scrooloose; 2013-03-07 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooloose View Post

Titan, The Fighting Fantasy World
    Map of Titan

Titan was a world created in the 1980's by two guys called Steve Jackson and Ian Livingsone and set in a series of books for children. I was a huge fan and have the whole collection in my cellar. Today, both authors are now Computer game developers and both of them have received CBE's for their work AND both of them have WORKED FOR ACTIVISION in the past.

Could these guys be working in conjunction with Blizzard and Activision to bring this world to life??? I know it's another Fantasy world, but it would be a damn fine one.
    there could be a link but i don't think so

blizzard start working on titan before the merge with activision, so it's unlikely they could have contact with those authors.
    beside, titan is so common and used term, it just could be anything.
    Finally, Titan is an internal code name, not necessary the final name of the game, though it became so popular nowaday that blizzard could probably bank on that name

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooloose View Post
    Probably because we already have confirmed information that it's going to have current product advertising integrated into the game, which means that it can't be set in some non current, fantasy world. Unless you think they are just going to slap electronic billboards in the middle of a fantasy world, akin to having a McDonald's commercial play inside of the Stormwind Bank.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Probably because we already have confirmed information that it's going to have current product advertising integrated into the game
    As in like Anarchy Online does?

Sorry didnt know this, thanks for ruining my speculation!!!! :'( ......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Probably because we already have confirmed information that it's going to have current product advertising integrated into the game, which means that it can't be set in some non current, fantasy world. Unless you think they are just going to slap electronic billboards in the middle of a fantasy world, akin to having a McDonald's commercial play inside of the Stormwind Bank.
    It could be some mixture of cyberpunk and fantasy where real-world/future meets fantasy elements. The one thing we know is that we don't know.
    The less you know, the more you believe.

Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I am really tired of this.

It's misleading and it's also not what anyone at Blizzard said.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this.

Orly? They never said it was a new IP? Shall I link you one of the very first interviews with the Blizzard employees about Titan then? Cause I watched it 2 hours ago and he clearly said it was a new IP

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I am really tired of this.

People need to stop using the term ''IP''. It's misleading and it's also not what anyone at Blizzard said.

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/top-5-...-far-r26#franc

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this.
    I'm confused that you posted that quote, and a link that conflicts your own post about it not being a new IP.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest

Well, a lot of the rumors just got answered, but not in a way that people might be happy with. The biggest rumors were that Bungie was in on it, because they signed a 10 year deal with Activision, and people know Bungie works on space fantasy games.

Well with this:

http://destiny.bungie.org/

That fills in a lot of those rumors, and it is not likely to be project Titan. But it is what Bungie signed a 10 yr contract to make, and it is a new IP space FPS.
    Still bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    Orly? They never said it was a new IP? Shall I link you one of the very first interviews with the Blizzard employees about Titan then? Cause I watched it 2 hours ago and he clearly said it was a new IP
    Why would you even post this and not post the video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I'm confused that you posted that quote, and a link that conflicts your own post about it not being a new IP.
    People need to stop using the term ''IP''.
    the term ''IP''
    Now go and read what I quoted again and point out where he says the term "IP".

He doesn't. They don't.

The term intellectual property can mean several things. It can mean exactly what Zarhym said, brand new franchise with lore created from scratch. It could also mean separate entries in the same franchise that have different titles (ex: The Burning Crusade, Wrath of The Lich King, etc. are all legally separate IPs), but that isn't what Zarhym (or other blues) have said.

And people have been theorizing that Titan could be a new installment based on "the fact that Blizzard said it would be a new IP". But Blizzard didn't say that. Other people have simplified what they said by saying that.
    I mourn the loss of a man of true vision and talent. You were my idol, Mr. Giger.
    You gave faces to my dreams and nightmares and sparked my imagination throughout my entire life. You will be missed.

Hans Rudolf Giger
    2/5/1940 - 5/12/2014

WHy is this discussion still going on? Blizzard revealed true name of game that was known under cover name Titan. They even confirmed it. Yes its Hearthstone. Moderator please lock this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    WHy is this discussion still going on? Blizzard revealed true name of game that was known under cover name Titan. They even confirmed it. Yes its Hearthstone. Moderator please lock this thread.
    Titan and Hearthstone are two different things. And if you want to request a thread locked for one reason or another, report it, don't post in the thread.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-04-01 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Titan and Hearthstone are two different things. And if you want to request a thread locked for one reason or another, report it, don't post in the thread.
    Source for this information or I call it bullshit. Titan was cover name for Hearthstone.

Hearstone and Titan is two different games, this is a known fact by now. Mostly comes down to blizzard stating that it would be a new franchise and heartstone being based upon warcraft, the source for that you can find by just scrolling up on this very page.
    Last edited by rashen; 2013-04-01 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Source for this information or I call it bullshit. Titan was cover name for Hearthstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Hearstone and Titan is two different games, this is a known fact by now.
    Oh come on guys. Today any kind of misinformation should be allowed and treated as a joke (if it's not offensive or racist etc.), grow some sense of humor already or just don't aggro on trolls.
    It may be not the best joke but atleast OldSnail wasn't rude.

Exclamation

..And we were meant to know this all along. It had been hinted at so transparently :

Jeff Kaplan, one of the most pronounced Game Designers in Activision Blizzard when asked whether Titan will be Sci-Fi, Near-Future, Post-Apocalyptic or Historical responded “All of these combined” with a smile.

Of course, Assassin's Creed, but also the God of War, Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Fate/Stay Night & even Lost Vikings franchises' success come to mind as obvious sources of inspirations for this theme.

:: SOURCES ::

~Titan targets a broader audience than WoW~

"Bobby Kotick sometime last year, admitted that Titan is being designed to target a somewhat broader audience. Whether that’s an age-wise broader audience, or an interest - wise broader audience (or a combination of the two), we don’t know. In my opinion both are welcome! Diversity never hurts! Younger gamers will want to focus on different aspects of the game while mature players might focus on more difficult scenarios, tackling harder situations that require a different approach. On the other hand we have players that prefer a more medieval setting, others that fancy powerful lasers, spaceships and aliens in a more futuristic setting and others that dig modern day warfare, with rifles, machine guns, tanks, the whole nine yards... How though, does one embed all these things in one game? That leads us to the next subject."

~The Time Travel Scenario~

"There’s only one way for a game to cover so many settings and that is indeed time travelling. Jeff Kaplan, one of the most pronounced Game Designers in Activision Blizzard when asked whether Titan will be sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic or historical responded “All of these combined” with a smile. Whether that’s true or false we cannot know for sure at this time, but it’s our best hint towards time travelling. It makes sense after all. It is indeed a great point of diversity within the game itself adding to the goal of a generally broader audience! Everyone grab a DeLorean!!!"

http://www.blizzardnewmmo.com/ ~> RIGHT THERE on the main page. Why? Simple, it's single-handedly the 2nd most valuable, precise, telling piece of information there is (right after "not an existing Blizzard IP/Franchise") we've had in the speculation toolbox to proceed with elimination of possibilities
    & narrow down predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Oh come on guys. Today any kind of misinformation should be allowed and treated as a joke (if it's not offensive or racist etc.), grow some sense of humor already or just don't aggro on trolls.

It may be not the best joke but atleast OldSnail wasn't rude.
    Agreed, sophisticated hoaxes & tin-foil absurd rumors are worth letting live in virtue of their satirical awesome ;p
    Last edited by Planetarism; 2013-05-09 at 12:13 AM.
    >>> And then.. <<<

Titanfocus has a bunch of supposed leaks- not confirmed, could even be a late April Fools joke, but worth posting in case it does turn out to be real (and it certainly seems believable after reading the above post about time travel). Supposedly it's a time travel-focused game set on Earth, with a lot of ancient mythology influences.

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/projec...3-and-more-r65