Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    You can play purely as a non-combattant, on Wii, Psvita, and facebook, and apparently battle.net. The MMO part is Team Fortress, where you interact with the Titans, and then you have quests that allow you to interface with the non-combatants by leaving the Team Fortressy area

All of this is done over a grand scale of time-travelling, and you server-hop or shard shuffle, however you wanna put it. So if you don't want what one shard has to offer, you pick and choose others.
    This doesn't make any sense

Ok, let me explain. There is a combat side and a purely non-combat social aspect to Titan- you go out into a huge battle against mecha-esque constructs (Titans), you vie for resources. Everyone who chooses to fight a la Team Fortress, does so against EVERYONE ELSE in the game who is choosing to fight. You can do quests, and accomplish objectives in this realm. When you have had your fill of fighting, you pick a shard. Each shard is community owned, ran, managed, created, and controlled. If you like the community in shard alpha, you spend your time there, if not, shard beta might be more to your liking; it will not have the same layout or "feel" as the other shards. If all you wanna do is hang in the non-comabt world, fine. You can have fun just as much as the next guy. But combat will never come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If any of this is true it will be the biggest waste of millions of dollars and 6+ years I've ever heard of.
    I think its going to be a big waste regardless. Just like WoW players, Blizzard will never be able to recreate the feeling that came with WoW in the early years.

Ok, let me explain. There is a combat side and a purely non-combat social aspect to Titan- you go out into a huge battle against mecha-esque constructs (Titans), you vie for resources. Everyone who chooses to fight a la Team Fortress, does so against EVERYONE ELSE in the game who is choosing to fight. You can do quests, and accomplish objectives in this realm. When you have had your fill of fighting, you pick a shard. Each shard is community owned, ran, managed, created, and controlled. If you like the community in shard alpha, you spend your time there, if not, shard beta might be more to your liking; it will not have the same layout or "feel" as the other shards. If all you wanna do is hang in the non-comabt world, fine. You can have fun just as much as the next guy. But combat will never come to you.
    Could be interesting. I like the idea of player controlled and organized worlds.

If what Tenzing says really is true, i'm not very interested, sadly = /

I know the rumors are that this will be a FPS, but dear lord, I wish it was not true.

I think what Tenzing said makes a -lot- of sense regarding all the bits Blizz execs have shared about this already. It all fits what their explicit & implied goals are, audience aimed for, lessons learned from WoW's server infrastructure's limits, how they've been wanting to take advantage of consoles and social media networks' explosively far-reaching appeal & integrated easy-of-use (several tens of thousands of Farmville/Cityville/etc monthly users for a few years.. from a seemingly pretty basic game design & platform, too)..

What's also telling, to me, is MoP's non-typical new lore/original species & myths, as an obvious test bed for "We've done TBC based on a decade of Draenor Lore/Illidan/Kael etc from WC2 & such, We've done WotLK based on a half-decade+ of WC3 lore, We've done Cataclysm based on WC2/Classic WoW storylines, are we really capable of doing an entirely new IP or even a new, original direction in an existing IP?? If people are able to enjoy the MoP story, the Mogu, Pandaren, Klaxxi, all the new species players had -never- even heard of before, well, maybe it can prepare us & convince our publishing executives, etc that Titan can really work!"
    >>> And then.. <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Planetarism View Post
    What's also telling, to me, is MoP's non-typical new lore/original species & myths, as an obvious test bed for "We've done TBC based on a decade of Draenor Lore/Illidan/Kael etc from WC2 & such, We've done WotLK based on a half-decade+ of WC3 lore, We've done Cataclysm based on WC2/Classic WoW storylines, are we really capable of doing an entirely new IP or even a new, original direction in an existing IP?? If people are able to enjoy the MoP story, the Mogu, Pandaren, Klaxxi, all the new species players had -never- even heard of before, well, maybe it can prepare us & convince our publishing executives, etc that Titan can really work!"
    I would have preferred expanding upon the old lore. There are so many unfinished storylines...example: Calia Menethil, former almost-fiancee of Deathwing, and heir to Loredaeron, sister to Arthas...

..she's not dead, Blizzard just hasn't done anything with her yet.

Tbh MoP lore is not that great. I can honestly say it does not engage me the way Vanilla, BC and Wrath lore did.

On to the actual topic...Tenzing was just sharing some rumors, and based on all of the Diablo/Starcraft/Wow rumors I have heard come to pass...maybe 0.001% of them were actually true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    And since we're dredging up old-world stuff, she should be happy she was even allowed to become a nurse at all instead of being raped.

How would it fit into e-sports then, such as games like LoL, Dota, etc.? Because, I remember them saying they were shooting for e-sports as well.

And, if, IF, what Tenzing said has some valid truth to it, then I really, really don't think it's going to have that huge appeal to already hardcore WoW fans. I don't know, it just sounds too...unappealing.

All I posted was rumors. But the sources claim they have direct knowledge of game mechanics. So do what you will with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    How would it fit into e-sports then, such as games like LoL, Dota, etc.? Because, I remember them saying they were shooting for e-sports as well.

And, if, IF, what Tenzing said has some valid truth to it, then I really, really don't think it's going to have that huge appeal to already hardcore WoW fans. I don't know, it just sounds too...unappealing.
    well i have no clue if tenzing right of full of it but a few thing to keep in mind

blizzard did say they want to create an MMO that will not cannibalize wow, so, if wow player have no interest in titan, that possibly not a problem, maybe even a plus, maybe they shooting for another crowd, maybe the cod crowd.

FPS can be made in competitive esport, but you need a well thought out spectator mode to be able to cast game.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    Do you have access to hidden information we don't have? I assume by 'falling off hard' you meant 'losing a lot of subscribers' because I can't imagine what else it would mean. And to that point, go back to the beginning of the paragraph.

Wow is certainly not 'falling off hard'. Until they are down to half their subscribers in a radically short period of time with no gains in any quarters, including expansion releases, please don't continue rumor mongering.
    *cough* /tooshort
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    *cough* /tooshort
    Last time I checked 15% is nowhere close to 50%. Especially when the basis is around 10 million. I'm not even subscribed to WoW and I think you would be incredibly unintelligent if you think you have a point.
    BAD WOLF

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    Last time I checked 15% is nowhere close to 50%. Especially when the basis is around 10 million. I'm not even subscribed to WoW and I think you would be incredibly unintelligent if you think you have a point.
    My point still remains, just because you provide an outrageous number that would never be met in any realm of reality as your basis for how well/poorly a game is doing doesn't change the fact that WoW lost 15% of its subscribers over a 3 month period, a 3 month period that has actually typically been positive for gamers(holidays, xmas sales). I just wanted to point out that they need to make some moves, moves that Activision won't because they know WoW is declining, they just are focused on other things at the moment. I just hope they start rumbling a bit more on Titan and don't pull an EA and force it out too early.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    My point still remains, just because you provide an outrageous number that would never be met in any realm of reality as your basis for how well/poorly a game is doing doesn't change the fact that WoW lost 15% of its subscribers over a 3 month period, a 3 month period that has actually typically been positive for gamers(holidays, xmas sales). I just wanted to point out that they need to make some moves, moves that Activision won't because they know WoW is declining, they just are focused on other things at the moment. I just hope they start rumbling a bit more on Titan and don't pull an EA and force it out too early.
    Well I don't disagree with any of that, but my number isn't outrageous. It's outrageous to claim a game is dying when it will still be around to the day that it only has 1 million subscribers. (actual subscribers, not asian 'subs') So the typical chicken littles, which yourself and your 'so subtle *cough*' belong to, can keep moving along. Nothing to see here.
    BAD WOLF

One rumor I had heard a few weeks ago, was that the IGN deal cemented Blizzards' desire to move forward only into eSports. If it can't be eSported, it's off the table. Which meant Titan was now not going to be a priority, and might be sold-off lock stock and barrel.

Yesterday, Titans's senior world designer quit Blizzard, to move closer to family...

One rumor I had heard a few weeks ago, was that the IGN deal cemented Blizzards' desire to move forward only into eSports. If it can't be eSported, it's off the table. Which meant Titan was now not going to be a priority, and might be sold-off lock stock and barrel.

Yesterday, Titans's senior world designer quit Blizzard, to move closer to family...
    Yeah...not happening. esports is growing, but it's still too narrow of a market for the kind of appeal Blizzard goes for in their games. The only esport Blizzard has is SC2, which hasn't really exploded the way they had hoped. They tried with WoW and that bombed pretty hard, and they aren't even bothering with D3 (thankfully, because that would be a mess).

I can't find a single shred of evidence to support such a claim when you look at their current lineup of games, and what we know of what is coming on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Yeah...not happening. eSports is growing
    The only person I've ever seen give accurate info on Titan says it's not even going to make it out of beta, so make of that what you will.

Oh, and I notice you don't even mention the D3 ports, or Balls, or the SC2.x eSports coming up. I'd read more about their IGN acquisition, before you naysay as much as are.
    Last edited by tenzing21; 2013-05-15 at 04:31 AM.

Tenzing, son, I am disappoint. Here you were posting logical, reasonably deduceable info of what they should obviously want Titan to be like based on market demand & history and all, & then you start posting eSports nonsense after decades of financial disappointment trying to break out into it, & worse, some dubious data about a senior designer quitting to.. move closer to family ??
    >>> And then.. <<<

Lost vikings mmo, here we go!!!

Not sure if I said this in this thread before... but my money is on sellable Player-Generated content being the key driving element of this MMO.

If you look at SC2 and D3 - both were trying to push the "player generated" sellable content. SC2 was to have a real-$ map store where people uploaded their maps to sell, but Blizz said they couldn't reinforce the structure (stopping people from copying others maps and re-uploading them as their own). D3's "player generated" content was to come in the form of the RMAH - where the items were generated and sold via client-side... all Blizz had to do was soak up the money in residuals.

I'm MORE than certain there's going to be no sub-fee and that Player Generated content for sale will be its driving force.

Having said that, I'm betting it's going to be a world-building sim-thing. Something like "The Sims" crossed with "Second Life" that has several built-in game engines that players can use to create/build mini games and a virtual world.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

did anyone saw this?
    Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project
    Blizzard Entertainment, the game giant that makes a mint from the World of Warcraft online game, has had an unannounced massively multiplayer online game in the works for some time. But GamesBeat has learned that Blizzard has decided to push the reset button on the game.

The game’s team of 100 developers has been reduced by 70 positions, and those people will be reassigned to other work. Meanwhile, a core of the team will hit the reset button on the MMO, known only under its supposed code name of Titan. The title is now not expected to be published until 2016 at the earliest, according to a source familiar with the matter.
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/05/28/bl...ect-exclusive/