Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd much rather have a new IP, its really getting tiresome (for me...) to keep seeing their same franchises over and over again. And why do so many people want a World of Starcraft? The franchise became popular for being a well balanced RTS, not for its story. And they'd need to make 3 factions, or leave out Protoss. If anything, I'd much rather see a Starcraft FPS

I read somewhere a while back that Titan was a project name used for a Halo MMO before it was scrapped. Thought that Blizzard having the same name was interesting and would love to see a Halo MMO if it's done correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    He said it's not Warcraft :P

Thought the same thing, but then he hints at a Diablo MMO.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 10:31 PM ----------

But Diablo is also a game that translates very well into an MMO.
    Diablo doesn't really fit as an MMO, and the scenery is well beyond exhausted. They'd have to rework everything to MMOify it.
    Starcraft on the other hand has 3 well established factions with respected and loved leaders, back stories and lore that rivals Warcraft itself.
    And weren't there rumors about the game being a futuristic, MMOFPS? That kind of excludes Diablo all together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'd much rather have a new IP, its really getting tiresome (for me...) to keep seeing their same franchises over and over again. And why do so many people want a World of Starcraft? The franchise became popular for being a well balanced RTS, not for its story. And they'd need to make 3 factions, or leave out Protoss. If anything, I'd much rather see a Starcraft FPS
    And a lot of people still like the story and have asked for a Starcraft MMO.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Diablo doesn't really fit as an MMO, and the scenery is well beyond exhausted. They'd have to rework everything to MMOify(<-This is a word now)it. Starcraft on the other hand has 3 well established factions with respected and loved leaders, back stories and lore that rivals Warcraft itself. And weren't there rumors about the game being a futuristic, MMOFPS? That kind of excludes Diablo all together.
    The theme of Diablo is perfect for an MMO.

I'm surprised we haven't opened a portal in WoW to explore the worlds of Diablo or Starcraft. True either could be an MMO in their own right but just think... Diablo expansion would be a very dark and gritty world that has been over run by demons... it could introduce a taint system for your character which visually changes the look of your spells or casting animations... Starcraft expansion includes a rise in the former insectoid kingdoms in which they open a portal to the Zerg we follow and encounter a new race of psionically gifted warriors (new race/class combinations). Blizzard make it happen!

It would be my personal dream to see this be a next gen Diablo MMO, because I love traditional fantasy more than any other genre. I want something that made me feel like I felt when I played WOW the first time, which was basically letting me live inside of a fantasy novel in a way I'd only dreamed video games could capture.

How could a next gen MMO do that after all WOW has done? If they used combat that was similar to Tera with a world that was as interactive and dynamic as Wildstar's, with a very distinct flavor and style, which Diablo would have. The idea of some hulking barbarian roaming wild demon infested mountains and forests with next gen graphics and a world where enemy NPCs could do friendly fire to each other with environmental dangers and buffs like carnivorous plants and lava you could lure into enemies into does a lot for my imagination.

I'm not going to get my hope us though. If it's an existing IP, I'm sure it's going to barely be recognizable. Like Diablo in the future, or a game that combines different time periods.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 03:45 PM ----------

The only rumor about Titan being a FPS MMO is born of the fact nobody has nailed that genre before, much as MMORPGs were a small niche before 2004, people were thinking it's one of the only places Blizzard could innovate for it's potential that hasn't been realized.

There was zero information that gave rise to that rumor other than fan speculation.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Would love if it was a Diablo MMO, always liked the lore and darker nature of the franchise but not the gameplay format so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    I'd rather go with world of starcraft. Kinda tired of fantasy mmorpgs.
    One does not simply get tired of fantasy MMOs (unless they're generic and boring). But OT: I'd take Diablo MMO over some space one.. and Titan kinda sounds "spacey", like that planet called Titan.

Guess i will imagine whats the best diablo class for a mmo game from now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    One does not simply get tired of fantasy MMOs (unless they're generic and boring). But OT: I'd take Diablo MMO over some space one.. and Titan kinda sounds "spacey", like that planet called Titan.
    There's just way too many of them lately, and sci-fi doesn't receive the love it deserves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    titan is the working title like the nintendo wii was called dolphin originally and titan is one of Saturn's MOONS not a planet just had to point it out

And a lot of people still like the story and have asked for a Starcraft MMO.
    A majority of the Starcraft players bought the game for its multiplayer, and barely (or never) touched the singleplayer. For Warcraft it was a much easier decission to make an MMO out of it, because their 3 RTS titles did a good job building up its storylines and all the new races. The Starcraft universe is in my opinion not rich enough to be a MMO yet. I'd say they need to atleast make a Starcraft 3, introduce plenty of new stuff which lacked in SC2 imo, and then consider making it into a MMO. Most people who ''want things'' don't think twice to what they say

A Diablo MMO has potential, I was actually suprised they haven't made an MMO for this franchise already. Diablo is also more popular than Starcraft, its wider audience could easily give the game up to atleast 6 million active subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Starcraft would be a much better choice.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would absoloutely love a World of Starcraft mmo. but how would the factions work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting thought. Diablo MMO would be cool if they can make it different enough from WoW. Blizz may get a ton of grief but I would trust them over any other company to make a new MMO. They are technically limited due to WoW's age. Making a new MMO from scratch with an already well approved lore attached to it sounds very promising. I just hope they are able to correctly separate PvE and PvP this time.

Deleted
    The theme of Diablo is perfect for an MMO.
    The theme of diablo has already been done a gazillion times. It's highly unlikely Blizzard will make another MMO in that scenery.
    What would the purpose of the game be? We banished all the evils into the black soulstone and then we banished them again.
    There is only one Prime evil and that was Diablo,Mephisto and Baal and the lesser evils combined, and they are all gone now.
    If we are not going to banish Diablo again, then, well it won't be a Diablo game

And which factions could we have? There are only Angels,Demons and Nephalem! And Angels does not interfere with the fates of mortals.
    I just think that Starcraft has a lot more potential to become an MMO as the prework is already done and there are a lot more openings for new expansions and lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zerg wouldn't have to be a faction. Zerg could be an overwhelming threat with protoss and humans playable.

All that aside a Diablo MMO works from all the standard perspectives and would translate well, but I don't see it as being game breaking or original enough to acquire and maintain a solid player base. People would view it as yet another fantasy mmo.

A Starcraft MMO could have potential, but I agree with whoever said 40K is a better setting. And if it is a MMO FPS style game, Starcraft is an excellent universe to set one in. I wouldn't play it if it was an FPS, but it would be a good setting for one.

Honestly, I think Blizzard fans are hinging way too much hope on Titan, whatever it ends up being. Blizzard's recent track record hasn't been exceptional (SC2 and D3 were okay, but nothing special, recent WoW expansions are the same) and so hoping that Titan is some holy grail that will restore all faith in Blizzard products seems . . . . . foolishly naive and optimistic to put it mildly.

I personally feel that regardless of how good Titan is, it will be viewed as a failure by those who have built it up in their minds to be the next coming. Everyone seems to think it will be an amazing, innovative leap forward in the MMO genre that will be tailored to their personal style of play. The reality is that it won't be any of those things. It will be an average game with a few neat features and a whole bunch of controversial decisions that tries to appeal to everyone and so will end up not being perfect for anyone.

A majority of the Starcraft players bought the game for its multiplayer, and barely (or never) touched the singleplayer. For Warcraft it was a much easier decission to make an MMO out of it, because their 3 RTS titles did a good job building up its storylines and all the new races. The Starcraft universe is in my opinion not rich enough to be a MMO yet. I'd say they need to atleast make a Starcraft 3, introduce plenty of new stuff which lacked in SC2 imo, and then consider making it into a MMO. Most people who ''want things'' don't think twice to what they say

A Diablo MMO has potential, I was actually suprised they haven't made an MMO for this franchise already. Diablo is also more popular than Starcraft, its wider audience could easily give the game up to atleast 6 million active subs.
    SC is WAAAAAAAAAAAY more popular than Diablo, and they are coming out with expansions for SC2, so fat chance at seeing a SC3 for another 10 years. I know plenty of people who bought SC2 for the single player campaign and have barely touched multiplayer and I know people who just play the custom games.

Im going to echo the rest of the people and say that I prefer a starcraft universe MMO over a diablo universe. Starcraft imo has a much better story than diablo especially after D3.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account

You have to be kidding me... sc-sc:bw is known for it's compelling storyline and you claim bs, SC2 was a borefest as singleplayer, the story was bland and "generic"