Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Actually Titan is not the Name it is the Code name for development. As for Brand New IP that just means it's not Diablo, StarCraft, or WarCraft. And that is all it legally means.
    I am very aware of this. And new IP means new IP, not "Is not part of the 3 latest franchices".

As for BlackThorne being possible, Just recently Blizzard got the Domain name for it. http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Bli...ame,19481.html
    There is no indication that Blackstone is in any form related to BlackThorne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I am very aware of this. And new IP means new IP, not "Is not part of the 3 latest franchices".
    Yes saying it's a new IP means it's a new IP. But maybe the people who say it are not entirely honest about it.

The name can give you the idea that it might be related.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yes saying it's a new IP means it's a new IP. But maybe the people who say it are not entirely honest about it.
    And if you're dishonest to your shareholders you're not only short end of the job but probably gaining some sort of lawsuit put onto you because of fraud during earning calls.

The name can give you the idea that it might be related.
    It can also mean million other things.

I just can't see them releasing another fantasy themed MMO. The market is absolutely saturated with them, and they'd be better off doing WoW2 if they wanted another fantasy MMO. I have an extremely hard time believing it won't be a SC spinoff. Titan being developed in the "Diablo wing" of the building, in 2009, means absolutely nothing except that that's where they had space.

And the lore possibilities with a "space" themed MMO are crazy. You literally have an entire universe, endless planets, in which you can make up whatever the hell you want.

I'd shit myself if it turned out to be a Terran themed MMO, set before the events in SC1 with them beginning to explore the universe. That would be absolutely amazing in my opinion.

Deleted
    And if you're dishonest to your shareholders you're not only short end of the job but probably gaining some sort of lawsuit put onto you because of fraud during earning calls.
    I'm not so sure about that. And I didn't say they might've lied to their shareholders, just their fans. I'm sure they showed them what they're working on. Whether it's completely new or based on something they done before is probably not that important to them anyway.

It can also mean million other things.
    What are you arguing here? Should people not come up with ideas like that, because it can also mean something else?

What are you arguing here? Should people not come up with ideas like that, because it can also mean something else?
    Or, if you wanted to directly relate it to something, you could go with the more reasonable route that it's related to a Diablo expansion rather than Titan. Which makes infinitely more sense >.>

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Or, if you wanted to directly relate it to something, you could go with the more reasonable route that it's related to a Diablo expansion rather than Titan. Which makes infinitely more sense >.>
    Well, since Blackthorne's lore is based on Lightstone and Darkstone I can see why those relations are brought out.

Deleted
    I don't think so. It might be related, but the thing in Diablo is called the black Soulstone and not the Blackstone. Also, Project Blackstone is a weird name for a Diablo expansion.

It's going to (hopefully) be related to SC if anything. Put it a thousand years before SC1 and you can really get away with doing anything you want.

Blackthorne is too obscure and too generic to be the basis for a new tent pole MMO. They would be better off creating a new world from scratch than using a game that no one really knows much about/cares about (not trying to offend die hard Blackthorne fans...).

I don't really care what it's based on with one MAJOR reservation... deep down i have this fear that they are making something COD related... I hope this is not true with every fiber of my being, but after D3, who knows.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 08:50 PM ----------

I don't think so. It might be related, but the thing in Diablo is called the black Soulstone and not the Blackstone. Also, Project Blackstone is a weird name for a Diablo expansion.
    Agreed. People who say: "Oh, thats the new Diablo expansion... DERRRR!!!!" are making a huge leap. The Black Soulstone is a big deal in the Diablo world. Naming the expansion that would be dumb. You might as well call it "Diablo 3: Heaven versus Hell," it doesn't add anything new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Blackthorne is too obscure and too generic to be the basis for a new tent pole MMO. They would be better off creating a new world from scratch than using a game that no one really knows much about/cares about (not trying to offend die hard Blackthorne fans...).

Yeah there's so few about Blackthorne to base an MMO on that it really doesn't make a big difference whether it's based on that or a completely new world. With the exception of the general tone of Blackthorne, a couple of creatures and a couple of lore things. That's why it wouldn't be a big lie to say it's a new IP.

Maybe the guys at Blizzard just like the idea of doing something Blackthorne-ish.

Black stone. Black soulstone. I see a pretty big similarity. Will it be directly called "Project Blackstone", probably not. But whatever game Titan ends up being won't be called "Project Titan". I'd be willing to bet that it has to do with some form of ARG/pre-launch deal.

Makes the most sense.

Deleted
    Black stone. Black soulstone. I see a pretty big similarity. Will it be directly called "Project Blackstone", probably not. But whatever game Titan ends up being won't be called "Project Titan". I'd be willing to bet that it has to do with some form of ARG/pre-launch deal.

Makes the most sense.
    Blackthorne. Lightstone. Blackstone.
    I can play this game, too.

But yeah you're right. The Black Soulstone does come to mind, I can't deny that. Just like Blackthorne came to my mind. But why would they register the domain Project Blackstone, if the game wasn't called that. If that is just a temporary project name for some game, why do they need to register the domain? They didn't register a domain Titan, did they? They didn't register a domain Worldbreaker, when that was still the name for Cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-01-09 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

You should read up on the plot of Blackthorne. And remember it has been 20 years since they touched that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You should read up on the plot of Blackthorne. And remember it has been 20 years since they touched that game.
    I am very aware of the Blackthorne's plot. And the age of the Blackthrone IP is irrelevant when the Titan has been already established by various people in power to be brand new one, both out into gaming newslet&events AND to the shareholders of the company.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I hate to admit it, being a Sci-Fi themed MMO would make sense since they said they don't intend it to compete directly with WoW. There are a lot of people out there who can't stand Sci-Fi themed things and yet love fantasy themes. On the other hand unless Blizzard just goes for sales and not subscriptions space/sci-fi MMOs tend to not do as well in the long run (Long for MMOs not being all that long, really) than their fantasy counterparts.

10+ Year Old Account
    They clearly stated that Titan is a NEW IP and it's a MMOFPS !
    Yes! It had made an impression back then like "wtf is mmofps?". Go check out Planetside 2.
    AND YES ! They did state all this in a Blizzcon . Go search the internet for it . NOT A MMORPG!
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Yes! It had made an impression back then like "wtf is mmofps?". Go check out Planetside 2.
    AND YES ! They did state all this in a Blizzcon . Go search the internet for it . NOT A MMORPG!
    Source? I haven't once heard blizz say it's an FPS. I HAVE heard it called an RPG in their shareholders calls though.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about a MMO based on Warcraft universe, only we as players control and follow the story of The Burning Legion!

Crushing and destroying planets and shit :O

Deleted
    I am very aware of the Blackthorne's plot. And the age of the Blackthrone IP is irrelevant when the Titan has been already established by various people in power to be brand new one, both out into gaming newslet&events AND to the shareholders of the company.
    How do you know they're telling the same thing to their shareholders as they're telling their fans?

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 07:03 AM ----------

Where have they said it's a MMOFPS?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-be-an-MMORPG?

How do you know they're telling the same thing to their shareholders as they're telling their fans?
    Because generally they tell their shareholders important things during earnings calls or make press releases? You think they have shareholders who aren't fans? >.>