Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Blizzard is not stupid enough to make a game that their WoW fans won't want to play, but they are also not so dumb as to ignore the impact a game like COD has (for better or worse). I think accessible means, people that like SC2, WoW, D3, and COD will find something in this game.

First off, i think they'll have a battle.net sub at some point. 1 sub and i can play both titan and wow.

Secondly, i think this game might mimic what EVE is doing. FPS game (Dust) that can interact with the intergalactic part. Let's face it, EVE is an amazing concept, but most people are too stupid to play it. SO, take that idea and make it understandable (like they did with EQ to make WoW).

Of course they will add much more to it. I bet leveling and xp might be more global and go towards colonies instead of an individual character. You might have access to different characters you make, but your account is more of an overworld view of everything you've worked towards. This could allow for RTS, FPS, Flight sim, and WoW-like gameplay all in one game.
    I have to chime in here.

1. Lets not assume we know what Franchise the new IP is related to. It could be StarCraft, it could be Blackthorne, it could be some thing new and unseen.
    2. Best information based on clues given by Blizzard, MMOFPS is the type of game Titan will be.
    3. EVE is an awesome game that feels more like a job than a game, it's not that people are too stupid to play, it's just boring to people like me who play games for fun. I played Eve for 60 days in 2003, during which time I never really could get into it.
    4. Yes when the new game comes out I am sure Blizzard will have a $20-$25 a month total access subscription.
    5. Lets wait and see what the game is before jumping to conclusions on gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I personally think that's what's wrong with today's Blizzard. They try to appeal to EVERYBODY ($$$) and by doing so they alienate their long-time fans.
    You can't release a good game without at least attempting to appeal to everybody. Game development is just too expensive these days to make such mistakes.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I wouldn't say that many people are too stupid to play EVE, and more that for how unique EVE is amongst MMOs, it has a lot of flaws. Remember that it pre-dates WoW even by at least a year, so the underlying tech is old. And it's maintained by a company with not a lot of budget to realize its ambitions.[...]
    Yes, I think the first company who will actually fix all of those flaws will score big, because the market for a space MMO is imho much bigger than just the few hundred Ks of EVE subs. SWTOR could have done that (they got the lore and the IP), but they opted for a stupid WoW clone. Lame.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Atlas is going to rock! i hope....

Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    D3's original incarnation was going to be an MMO. Blizzard submarined that idea and redeveloped the whole game to be what we eventually recieved.

Also, don't underestimate the PR and good will damage done to the Diablo franchise by D3. It failed to step into the shoes left for it by it's predecessors and while the patches have continuously improved it, it is safe to say that people might be very leary of anything released that's associated with Diablo for the next while.
    Source please. The only info I have every heard or read from Blizzard was that the original D3 team was making a game way too similar to D2 and Blizzard di not like that direction and scrapped that version. All of the D3 being an MMO that I have ever heard was all rumor and speculation rationalizing the long development cycle.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    "At Blizzard's annual fan convention BlizzCon this past weekend, chief operating officer Paul Sams said that although there has been some initial concern in the company about cannibalizing their WoW subscribers, they think they'll get over it quickly.

"I think the (new MMO) is going to be significantly differentiated enough," Sams said. "Such that, you're not going to feel like they're one and the same resulting in that you have to pick or choose," he said."

With other words, it's not going to be competing with World of Warcraft or any other franchise in that genre.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

This is taken from the Blizzard site itself: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=10000B3
    They are looking for a Franchise development producer and the bolded, quoted text below is one of the points in the job description.

"Work with major consumer brands to facilitate product placement and licensing within the world of Blizzard Entertainment's next-gen MMO that enhances the gameplay experience."

This means there will be adds/commercials and other garbage inside the game. So unless we're going to have a Coca-Cola billboard in middle of Tristram... It's going to be a futuristic or at least present day MMO. Which leaves us with Starcraft!
    And I am the one being called crazy for think it is not a fantasy setting but modern to near future setting. I have been following those pages for years piecing together what Titan may be going off of what they were/are looking for.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Diablo differentiates itself enough from WoW. And CocaCola adds in the world or Starcraft are just as out of place. I'd love a Starcraft MMO, but alphaNoid is largely hinting at a Diablo MMO and I think that's more likely.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 11:56 PM ----------

If you've read the linked article you'd know that this comes from someone, who claims to have an inside source that says it is in fact not a new IP. That Blizzard was basically intentionally misleading us, which I think isn't so unlikely.
    Please explain how in-game advertising of major consumer brands fits in Diablo? If you people still think it will be Diablo related you are nuts.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 06:56 PM ----------

MMORPG does not leave out shooters. Tabula Rasa and Planetside, of the MMORPG shooter family, and Borderlands 1&2, of the shooter RPG family, say hi.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    (Not forcefully, just keep pushing out decent expansions, the numbers will slowly dwindle and most will move on to Titan)
    Titan Will not compete with WoW, nor will it be a game people will leave WoW for in droves. It is targeted at different audiences.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Leonard Boyarsky is still on Diablo 3 team, so i'd say that rules out any post-apocalyptic theme. Both Starcraft and Diablo based MMO doesn't make any sense, we have expansions scheduled for both games. Also, be vary of any "leaks", even if someone works for Blizzard there's a good chance they know nothing about Titan itself, only team members have access to games in progress at Blizzard, notice how tight-lipped has Blizzard became after huge Cataclysm leak.
    So Leonard Boyarsky is the only person at Blizzard capable or working on post apocalyptic themes?

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    I'm almost sure Titan will be a WoW prequel.
    Again with the evidence that is out there how can you even think that?

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This is pretty much confirmed except you forgot that the zerg-protoss hybrids are the old god minions.

Also, Yogg saron and guys like him are corrupted overminds
    And where again has this been confirmed?

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:50 PM ----------

The title of the thread is "Titan may not be a new IP". Please at least read the article before making such comments.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 03:00 PM ----------

They've already said it's an MMORPG.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 03:03 PM ----------

Titan will be an MMORPG. not an MMOFPS.
    It can be a shooter RPG. MMOFPS is more along the lines of CoD, or BLOPS.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 07:59 PM ----------

I'm thinking can't it be an RPG and an FPS at the same time anyway?
    Borderlands is a perfect example of FPS and a RPG at the same time. Planetside is the MMO FPS RPG. Tabula Rasa was a 3rd person shooter RPG. It can be done. The more I read the more I think it may be a Blackthorne game. I mean it is kind of a diablo-esque setting but in a modern day to near future setting so in game ads from today's products would make sense.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    You have mage, hunters and warriors - it's the same. If WoW had an darker Burning Crusade it would have been like Diablo with demons from hell. I think Diablo is really not different enough to be another MMO beside WoW.

Let's just hope World of Starcraft will not be a flop like Tabula Rasa. It's a shame TR is so unknown. It came too early, too much WoW hype stealing the focus.

TR was a great game. Too ambitious for its time and it came out at such a bad time.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Seriously? Please don't even compare this shit to that masterpiece.
    Whether you like it or not, High Fantasy will always be likened to Tolkien.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    back in the day when WC3 and WOW Were in dev at the same time WOW was a (D3) proto-type but at some point the dev team felt that the lore with the Warcraft universe was a larger pool to pull from so their (D3) proto-type became a Warcraft MMO that is why the old style of talents and the level system and skills seemed so much like a diablo and not a the Warcraft Rts.

Form a game play perspective Warcraft and Starcraft are the same series WC1,WC2,SC,WC3,SC2 but don't share the same story.... with Titans building worlds and races and the Zel'naga doing the same you never know. (remember we only see lore form the eyes of the people we play not the True history. this is the thing that makes blizzard lore so compelling.)

i can see people wanting a Diablo mmo but it is not in the stars would be too much like a WoW clone a D3 expac most likely is and titan is at most a year away form coming to light but i think it is going to be mostly a social game not a hardcore but with SC ghost getting canned we do have the ground work for a 3rd person shooter that had years in dev for and game engine so i can see it as a new mmo shooter but then i would question activision blizzard on going with a blizzard mmo shooter and not a CoD one but then activision was ok with Cod having more then on dev studio work on it and CoD would be a New IP for blizzard so you never know could be that too.
    Source please? From what I know about Pre alpha WoW is that is was intended to Be WoW from the start.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Planetside is not an rpg, it's an fps, mmofps.
    You get skill points and get to level. Those are RPG elements. Shooters are just guns no leveling no skill points. Planetside 2 has less of it than the first one but it still has skill points and leveling. It is a MMOFPSRPG, if you will.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I'd play World of Starcraft. I would not play World of "Diablocraft". Just so sick of the fantasy swords and magic shit.
    Why do you guys keep saying World of Starcraft? Starcraft Universe is a much better name.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by uLotUu View Post
    Diablo 40k. And I am not joking. It is a new IP but it Is not. It is not Warcraft, I has something from couple IPs (starcraft and diablo). It is a spinoff. Not fantasy (so no competition with WoW). You've saw it first!

And it have to Sandbox. If you want do something new it cannot be a themepark. It is so sad that every mmo on eu-us market is a themepark. SWTOR failed so hard because SW fans wanted to LIVE in that world not just make some questes. I love WoW but why should i switch for a game with more raids, dungeons, quests, dailies? I miss a good sandbox so much. Everything on the market is either low budget (poor graphics, lots of bugs, not enough ppl) or old (UO). Eve is nice but i want to play my Avatar not his starship. Archage looks promising but who knows... Blizzard has made a great themepark. Now they can make even better sandbox and rule them all (mmo market). PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Sandbox is out of the question if they think they can eclipse WoWs numbers.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Source? I haven't once heard blizz say it's an FPS. I HAVE heard it called an RPG in their shareholders calls though.
    Shooters can be RPGs. All you need are skills, and leveling to be considered an RPG. Planetside, Tabula Rasa, and Borderlands are all examples of shooter RPGs. CoD and BLOPS are example of shooters.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:39 PM ----------

And look at it this way. If they actually planned a Blackthorne MMO and would come out and say it's an already existing IP, wouldn't then a lot of people assume SC, WC or Diablo? So that is also misleading.
    People making assumptions is not misleading. Saying they are making a Blackthorne MMO then when they announce the game and it turns out to be Angry Birds the MMO, that would be misleading.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post

Perhaps Lovecraft ? (since it is license free and older than 75 years and still set in more modern times allowing publicity for Coca Cola and General Motor Cie). Salient detail: Bobby Kotick resides now in the board of Directors of ... Coca Cola...(not kidding).
    OT

That should be illegal IMO. If you look at the Board of Directors of the 50 largest companies in America they have a ton of overlap. Sounds like a lot of conflicting interests.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Last time I checked sci fi was a lot less niche than fantasy. Sci fi could be a game where the setting is 10 years into the future where only very few improvements on our everyday life has been made but that is still sci fi. Your arguement for no shooter is just stupid, it doesnt have to be CoD or BF3 but it could very much be something like firefall with even more RPG elements.

I do agree that it probably wont be a web game, honestly I think that is bad as Blizzard could innovate and get the game on facebook with technology from Onlive and stream it to casual facebook users. That would also allow a lot more people to play the game but again I dont think it will happen.
    They were recruiting people with social media related work experience before for their next gen MMO so there is still a chance it will be. And Sci-Fi is pretty low on the totem pole for popularity with the masses. Fantasy shows do much better than sci-fi on cable.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2013-01-12 at 08:49 PM.

I don't think Tabula Rasa really came out before it's time. I think it just suffered from a lack of vision and class balance.

I was in the beta, and the rune system or whatever for learning magic was woefully under utilized. There were like 60 greyed out rune words, but only like 10 of them were used, and only in very specific combos. Game design was such that the higher level you got with more specializations, the less you used them. Your basic L10 abilities were pretty much all you ever used. The higher level abilities were so niche, generally had expensive reagents tied to them, and lasted only like 2mins -- they weren't worth using.

The end result was a game rushed out the door well before it was ready, and ... well obviously you know what happens to MMOs that launch early

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    I really can't see them bringing out a Diablo themed MMO so shortly after D3 release, nor a Starcraft MMO. I don't think either are really bad ideas but it just doesn't seem like something would do.
    And at the same time, Starcraft 2 has expansions to go, just like Diablo 3. If it's not one of those, then what is it? Rock N' Roll Racing Online?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-12 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you guys still arguing, the creators said it would not have anything to do with their existing games -.-
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Man i would have really loved to see a complete new universe for TITAN... there a so few new ideas nowadays, always just spinoffs, sequels and games that use existing universes like SWTOR.

But it makes perfect sense that it wont be a whole new universe because Blizzard wants to be sure that lots of players from existing games will switch to it... for example World of Diablo would attract both WoW and D3 players.

What speaks for World of Diablo:
    -Blizzard already said that they at first planned D3 to be more like a MMO than what it is right now and that it took so much time because they had to start again at some point. Maybe they want to reuse these concepts for "Titan".
    -I could imagine 2 factions: Heaven and Hell with Nephalem being playable by both (with hell-nephalem looking a bit darker like in Aion) with the addition of angels and demons depending on which side you pick.
    -We know what Sanctuary looks like and havent seen many places yet so there would be a lot to discover with Heaven and Hell having a lot of additional potential.
    -In terms of setting it would be similar to WoW with a Medieval setting, swords and magic... which still attracts a lot of people, especially "older" players and women. It wouldnt be a big risk for blizzard to use the setting.

if it is diablo related it would explain why diablo 3 sucks (they are investing all of their talent there instead of d3) and why the company has shown so little interest in keeping the game alive.

they should stop wasting time with dumb patches and say already that they are working on the expansion or a new diablo game to fix all the fail that d3 turned out to be

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Source please. The only info I have every heard or read from Blizzard was that the original D3 team was making a game way too similar to D2 and Blizzard di not like that direction and scrapped that version. All of the D3 being an MMO that I have ever heard was all rumor and speculation rationalizing the long development cycle.[COLOR="red"]
    It has been said a million times by (former) blizzard employees Im not going to get you a source because if you google it im sure you will find it within 5 seconds. The newest interview I know of is where athene interviews David Brevik about marvel heroes online or w/e that game is called and he says that D3 was supposed to be an MMO.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2013-01-12 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    Please explain how in-game advertising of major consumer brands fits in Diablo? If you people still think it will be Diablo related you are nuts.
    Depends on how they do the advertising. If it's a little pop-up in the corner of the screen, it doesn't matter what kind of game it is.

Depends on how they do the advertising. If it's a little pop-up in the corner of the screen, it doesn't matter what kind of game it is.
    Or Diablo crushes the player soul in one hand with a pepsi cola in the other while stomping on the players skull with his new pair of nikes.

You get skill points and get to level. Those are RPG elements. Shooters are just guns no leveling no skill points. Planetside 2 has less of it than the first one but it still has skill points and leveling. It is a MMOFPSRPG, if you will.
    You heard it here folks, modern BF games and COD games are RPGs. They also have leveling and related perks.

Just because something has RPG elements doesn't make it an RPG, just a game with RPG elements. Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS with some RPG element, not an MMORPGFPS or however you want to put it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    You heard it here folks, modern BF games and COD games are RPGs. They also have leveling and related perks.

Just because something has RPG elements doesn't make it an RPG, just a game with RPG elements. Planetside 2 is an MMOFPS with some RPG element, not an MMORPGFPS or however you want to put it.
    I am absolutely sure any MMO blizzard makes will be RPG based even if it is a shooter. Example of an RPG mixed with a shooter, Mass Effect (1,2,3).

At the same time almost every game coming out now has RPG elements. Look at Saints Row: the third.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 08:56 AM ----------

Thank you Mods for combining these, soon MMO-C will need to open up a Titan Forum Group.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Why are you guys still arguing, the creators said it would not have anything to do with their existing games -.-
    Actually they specifically said it is a New IP. aka Intellectual Property. Much like World of Warcraft was a New IP for Blizzard. Basically by saying IP they are saying nothing at all. If they said it was a New Franchise, that would mean what you think they said.

Blizzard IPs (only titles under Blizzard)

Blackthorne
    The Death and Return of Superman
    Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
    Justice League Task Force
    Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
    Diablo
    The Lost Vikings II
    StarCraft
    Diablo II
    Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    World of Warcraft 2004
    StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
    Diablo III
    Titan (project name)

Basically an IP can not be an Expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I am absolutely sure any MMO blizzard makes will be RPG based even if it is a shooter. Example of an RPG mixed with a shooter, Mass Effect (1,2,3).

At the same time almost every game coming out now has RPG elements. Look at Saints Row: the third.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 08:56 AM ----------

Thank you Mods for combining these, soon MMO-C will need to open up a Titan Forum Group.

Actually they specifically said it is a New IP. aka Intellectual Property. Much like World of Warcraft was a New IP for Blizzard. Basically by saying IP they are saying nothing at all. If they said it was a New Franchise, that would mean what you think they said.

Blizzard IPs (only titles under Blizzard)

Blackthorne
    The Death and Return of Superman
    Warcraft: Orcs & Humans
    Justice League Task Force
    Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
    Diablo
    The Lost Vikings II
    StarCraft
    Diablo II
    Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
    World of Warcraft 2004
    StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
    Diablo III
    Titan (project name)

Basically an IP can not be an Expansion.
    Warcraft
    Starcraft
    Diablo
    Lost Vikings
    I guess Blackthorn too
    I think some racing game or something

They don't own the Superman property, and individual games are just a part of an IP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Warcraft
    Starcraft
    Diablo
    Lost Vikings
    I guess Blackthorn too

They don't own the Superman property, and individual games are just a part of an IP.
    Rock n' roll racing was the game you missed edge .

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft
    Starcraft
    Diablo
    Lost Vikings
    I guess Blackthorn too

Actually those are the franchises, each new game is it's own copyrighted I.P.

Wiki Quote:
    Intellectual property (IP) is a legal concept which refers to creations of the mind for which exclusive rights are recognized. Under intellectual property law, owners are granted certain exclusive rights to a variety of intangible assets, such as musical, literary, and artistic works; discoveries and inventions; and words, phrases, symbols, and designs. Common types of intellectual property rights include copyright, trademarks, patents, industrial design rights and in some jurisdictions trade secrets.

Basically each property that has a Unique Copyright is an I.P.

Because they keep saying IP all they mean is the new game will have it's own Copyright and Trademark. It does not mean it is a new franchise. Now I would love to see a new franchise from Blizzard since for the last 14 years they have only made games for 3 franchises.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Rock n' roll racing was the game you missed edge .
    As edge stated, the IP comes from the brand itself, the whole mass effect saga is an IP itself, not ME1-ME2-ME3
    Actually I was being purposeful and not including games made when Blizzard was called Silicon & Synapse. Since most of those games where licensed properties.

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:25 AM ----------

Silicon & Synapse games
    RPM Racing
    Battle Chess (Windows and Commodore 64 ports)
    Battle Chess II: Chinese Chess (Amiga port)
    J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol. I (Amiga port)
    Castles (Amiga port)
    MicroLeague Baseball (Amiga port)
    Lexi-Cross (Macintosh port)
    Dvorak on Typing (Macintosh port)
    The Lost Vikings
    Rock n' Roll Racing
    Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye

The Lost Vikings was the only Game that Silicon & Synapse developed on it's own all the other games where ports and Licensed properties. (I.E. paid to make a game for someone else.)

---------- Post added 2013-01-13 at 09:30 AM ----------

Even though they where licensed to make the game, they own the IP for that game unless the sold the rights to the game. Basically no one else can publish 'The Death and Return of Superman' unless Blizzard releases the rights to do so. Now of course Superman is owned by DC so for blizzard to republish the game DC would have to give approval.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post

At the same time almost every game coming out now has RPG elements. Look at Saints Row: the third.[COLOR="red"]
    Well duh, that was totally surprising. I totally did not intend to point out the fallacy in the quoted statement that shooters have shooting and only RPGs have RPG elements. Something I even clarified in next sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL - - - make the game "perfect" - - - WoW is still problematic

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    They are perfectionists tbh. They will spend years and years making the game "perfect" and then they'll spend more years waiting for the exact right time to release it. This is why Blizzard is one of the worlds most successful companies. All I'm saying is, we're going to have a brilliant game once it's released, it may take some time before that day come, but it will be glorious
    "perfect" ? played WoW much ? LOL

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 08:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    plz be a lost viking mmo plz plz plz
    Is anyone besides me mad that the "vikings" in WoW are some type of weird dust at death thing ?

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
    It will be "World of Lost Vikings" definitely.

A 3 players next-gen MMORPG (Minimally multiplayer Online Role Platform Game).

I'm gonna play Olaf.
    I shall play one of my ancestors LOL

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/titan-...more-rumor-r60

The guy, who a year before anyone ever heard the name Titan was already speaking of a Project Titan being developed by Blizzard, and who claims to have contact to someone at Blizzard, says that Blizzard wasn't 100% honest about whether Titan is going to be a new IP. He says it's going to be a spin-off of an existing franchise. He hints that it might be Diablo-related. You can read his original posts in the article.

edit: 2 things are frequently said by several posters.

1. Blizzard said it's an original IP
    Yes, they did, but this topic is about how someone with an inside source claims, that this is not entirely true. If there wasn't at least something like this as a basis I wouldn't have made this thread. So please read the linked article.

2. Where have they said it's an MMORPG?

Here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-be-an-MMORPG?
    They will have real world adds in the game....so the claim of it being a world of diablo is farfetched. My guess would be an SC2 prequel :P
    Last edited by McFrotton; 2013-01-16 at 06:07 AM.