Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    In what way have they lied about MoP?
    When Mists of Pandaria was trademarked and the name leaked, Tom Chilton stated outright that we shouldn't look much into the name Mists of Pandaria, and implied that MoP was a side project.

Obviously it was for PR purposes and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but neither will I take any sort of statement from Blizzard regarding Titan seriously until the project is officially announced.

If it turns out to be exactly what Blizzard has said it is so far (a completely new project) I won't be too disappointed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    When Mists of Pandaria was trademarked and the name leaked, Tom Chilton stated outright that we shouldn't look much into the name Mists of Pandaria, and implied that MoP was a side project.

Obviously it was for PR purposes and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but neither will I take any sort of statement from Blizzard regarding Titan seriously until the project is officially announced.

If it turns out to be exactly what Blizzard has said it is so far (a completely new project) I won't be too disappointed though.
    So, as usual, people took Blizzard's usual non-committal stance on saying anything definite as a complete and total denial.

This is not what people call a "flat out lie".

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So, as usual, people took Blizzard's usual non-committal stance on saying anything definite as a complete and total denial.

This is not what people call a "flat out lie".
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/

From the article:

Speculation swirled recently regarding Blizzard's decision to trademark "Mists of Pandaria," as many thought it may indicate the name of the next World of Warcraft expansion. Pandaria, in Warcraft lore, refers to the home of the Pandaren, basically humanoid war pandas you may remember making an appearance as neutral heroes in Warcraft III. Chilton said the speculation was, "wildly overhyped." He added, "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."

Lie: to deliver a false statement to another person which the speaking person knows is not the whole truth, intentionally.

Take it as you will, but the implication that MoP was a secondary product was obviously a lie, a simple "no comment" would have sufficed.

To be fair, what do you want them to do. Come right out and say, "You got us! Yeah, that's the expansion" and potentially throw a pretty big wrench into their announcement and pre-launch plans?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    To be fair, what do you want them to do. Come right out and say, "You got us! Yeah, that's the expansion" and potentially throw a pretty big wrench into their announcement and pre-launch plans?
    Oh no, of course not.

I'm just saying, Titan could be ANYTHING at this point, just because x person said that it isn't related to wow/starcraft/diablo doesn't NECESSARILY mean that it's true, based on past experience.

Either way it is fun to speculate what Titan may or may not be.

Honestly, I'm kinda impressed how little info we know about Titan. It has to be one of the most anticipated titles that we've known has been in development since at least 2010. (When they said they've been working on it since 2007) And at this point they've undoubtedly ramped up to 100+ workers on it, as it's past the engine/framework development phase, and gone into general art assets and content creation from the sounds of it.

Any money you get frisked for USB keys or even a metal detector while entering or leaving that wing of the development studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/

From the article:

Speculation swirled recently regarding Blizzard's decision to trademark "Mists of Pandaria," as many thought it may indicate the name of the next World of Warcraft expansion. Pandaria, in Warcraft lore, refers to the home of the Pandaren, basically humanoid war pandas you may remember making an appearance as neutral heroes in Warcraft III. Chilton said the speculation was, "wildly overhyped." He added, "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."

Lie: to deliver a false statement to another person which the speaking person knows is not the whole truth, intentionally.

Take it as you will, but the implication that MoP was a secondary product was obviously a lie, a simple "no comment" would have sufficed.
    And in your case a simple "yes" would have sufficed.

Blizzard did not say that Mists of Pandaria wouldn't be an expansion. Blizzard's statement that pandaren usually aren't the focus of major projects was true. Their implication was misleading but the statement was not a lie.

I've been saying for close to 3 years...

Titan will be an 'all things Blizzard' in a world full of virtual chat-rooms so you can bring all of your various characters to show off your Battle.net crap / gear / achievements / pets; Remember when Activision hinted at buying Myspace? They planned to assemble a 'world' to allow you to interact with one another as any character from any Blizzard game. They'll highly likely allow for houses / guild-halls / space-ships (which is why they've not added housing to WoW), and don't forget those massive schwag stores to purchase Blizzard crap with micro-transactions.

All of this explains their move to push to a Battle.net account registry, and allow for Battle.net-bound items, to allow other games' characters to equip them - if even for nothing more than to say ... "heheh look, a big sword on my Protoss character."
    Titan will have "portals" through which you can hop through and load those Battle.net-respective games.
    There were signs out there from long ago, that everything of Blizzard is supposed to exist in the same universe.... such as a Tauren Space Marine, or Murloc Space Marine. We've seen star maps showing where the Protoss and Draenei were from adjacent galaxies (been years since I've seen star maps though, so I can't remember how they were named; maybe 2006 or 2007 Blizcon-ish?).

The Lost Vikings' references...
    And what about Wirt's Third Leg appearing in WoW?
    Diablo-III ON-LINE ONLY? NO single-player/disconnected mode?
    StarCraft II requiring On-line access to play?
    The appearance of the Zerg as Silithids in WoW may have initially been a "hey, let's use these elements in WoW! It'll be easy to integrate and we already own it!" - but I'd happily believe that it was intentional all along (Lore-wise).
    Even the code-name "Titan" (and respective Dev's comments "It'll be Titanic!") all say that it's going to be big; nothing could be more "titanic" than this...

An "all things" mash-up of Blizzard may be fun, at least for a little while.
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

Whatever it is, there's one thing I'm certain.

It's focus will be PLAYER GENERATED DLC sold for real $$.

If you look at what they did with SC2 and D3 you'll notice they got the right idea.

Originally SC2 was to have a real $$ shop where players would sell their maps. This got canceled at the last minute due to not being able to figure out how to stop people from downloading a map and re-uploading it as their own.

Diablo 3 has the RMAH - which is content the players generate on their machines and sell them to other players.

I'm MORE than certain these are tests for Titan. Today, you can't create DLC and sell it yourself as a company without people being overly critical... that takes man-hours as well to create it all. But now, Blizz has realized you can literally turn your customer base into FREE EMPLOYEES... and they're guilt free because they allow YOU to make money!

Trust me - I'm MORE than certain Player Generated DLC will be the key focus for Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonX View Post
    Would love if it was a Diablo MMO, always liked the lore and darker nature of the franchise but not the gameplay format so much.
    I love your avatar!

Hardly anyone I know has heard of or likes Eureka 7. Personally one of my favorite animes. Which reminds me that I need to catch up on AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I love your avatar!
    Hardly anyone I know has heard of or likes Eureka 7. Personally one of my favorite animes. Which reminds me that I need to catch up on AO.
    Nah, you really don't. I was a huge fan of E7 as well, but AO is disappointing

Deleted
    Info on Titan should be springing up around the next Blizzcon, shouldn't it? It's been a huge mystery so far and it can't be long before we get at least some official info. Speculation is wild around the net, but I'm betting on something sci-fi related.

O/T

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Nah, you really don't. I was a huge fan of E7 as well, but AO is disappointing
    Stop perpetuating this retarded negativity notion that pre-occupies people before they even watch the damn thing.

The sequel is just fine, I enjoyed it greatly. Don't listen to internet ravings, just watch.

Another one for starcraft right here, give us an entire universe to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Stop perpetuating this retarded negativity notion that pre-occupies people before they even watch the damn thing.
    The sequel is just fine, I enjoyed it greatly. Don't listen to internet ravings, just watch.
    So your opinion is magically more valid than mine, hm? If you feel that way, it's fine. But I didn't think it was fine, I could list numerous very bad plot and development flaws in the show, etc. But that is for PM or another thread.

As for Titan, I really do hope it's an entirely new IP. Sequels are nice and all, but it would be nice to finally see some new material out of Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    God I can't wait until the actual unveiling of Titan so we don't have to see the same theories and articles get reposted again and again.
    How about you're an alien race of hippies trying to over throw the tyrannical government, man!
    A group of zombie ninjas that fight to preserve their cough syrup company named Coffin.
    Raptor Jesus fighting crime and saving smurfs in the name of TGIFridays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Jay Wilson: new game director on an unannounced Blizzard game

https://twitter.com/Angryrobotics

I don't know what to think about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    https://twitter.com/Angryrobotics

I don't know what to think about this...
    He works on an unannounced project. He likes games. He likes Warhammer. What's there to think?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    not really suprising and I hope he learned some of the lessons he got thought which I guess he has taken to heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

I don't see why this is worrying? If it's about Diablo 3 then I'd have to say that I liked it and am still playing it from time to time.

Deleted
    oh god, hes gonna fuck up titan. ( The only unnamed Blizzard game in development afaik)