Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's not going to be a WoW 2. But I hope it's WoW 2. Or a Sc2 MMO. Or some kind of new MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    If Titan is an FPS why not give the reigns to a well known FPS company rather than an unknown in blizz devs?
    Maybe because Halo isn't as amazing and revolutionary as everyone says?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

Happened in 2004, it was a Pizza Hut promotion. I don't think anything really happened with it, but many lulz ensued at the time.
    I vaguely remember that lol

Sadly, I've used TSW's in-game browser to order pizza ;_;

*cries over a bucket of ice cream*

Galaxy of starcraft.

We all know it. Blizzard is predictable. And I am guessing it will be the next gen FPS MMO which all FPS MMOs will have to conform to. Think of a hybrid between WoW, Planetside and Borderlands all set in the SC2 universe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Galaxy of starcraft.

We all know it. Blizzard is predictable. And I am guessing it will be the next gen FPS MMO which all FPS MMOs will have to conform to. Think of a hybrid between WoW, Planetside and Borderlands all set in the SC2 universe.
    Except they've said several times it isn't related to any of their previous franchises, including Starcraft. If they cave on that point, I'll be pretty upset.

No company should sit on the same franchises forever - new things need to be created.

Literally all we know is that it will be a "Next-Gen MMO" and it will have a "sci-fi atmosphere", and we know both from the Job listings page on Blizzard's site.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-02-25 at 07:11 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Sadly, I've used TSW's in-game browser to order pizza ;_;
    Hahahaha that made my day. I think I'll have to start doing the same. Alt-tabbing is too much work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Except they've said several times it isn't related to any of their previous franchises, including Starcraft. If they cave on that point, I'll be pretty upset.

No company should sit on the same franchises forever - new things need to be created.

Literally all we know is that it will be a "Next-Gen MMO" and it will have a "sci-fi atmosphere", and we know both from the Job listings page on Blizzard's site.

I would like an original, new ip aswell but i get a feeling that they will take the "lazy" route and make it starcraft related, since thats their established sci-fi franchise so it doesnt require a complete build-up.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Hahahaha that made my day. I think I'll have to start doing the same. Alt-tabbing is too much work.
    I like running pretty much every MMO (Steam and non-Steam) through Steam so I can use their web browser overlay. Works great if you run full-screen.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I like running pretty much every MMO (Steam and non-Steam) through Steam so I can use their web browser overlay. Works great if you run full-screen.
    I do that and still have constant problems with it crashing. Steam overlay is pretty much the devil for me. It doesn't matter what game or settings it tends to always crash after I navigate away from the first page. Half the time I don't even like checking my achievements in game or else it's going blow up.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    It is already known that they have hired programmers to work in real time in game advertising for current products. This is fact. Explain how anything other than a modern day, near future, or future setting can be possible with a Coca-Cola or Mcdonald's ads in game?
    They could try to retro-fit them into SC2 in case Earth's fleet would come for another visit.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Except they've said several times it isn't related to any of their previous franchises, including Starcraft.
    I thought they said it's a new IP. That doesn't mean it's not related to Starcraft.

World of Warcraft was a new IP, since it was not a direct continuation of the Warcraft games. Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit are different IP's, but both are united within the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    I thought they said it's a new IP. That doesn't mean it's not related to Starcraft.
    I am really tired of this.

People need to stop using the term ''IP''. It's misleading and it's also not what anyone at Blizzard said.

http://titanfocus.info/_/news/top-5-...-far-r26#franc

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this.

I am hoping that Titan will be an MMO that alters its environment based on the actions of the server. This isn't a new concept since WoW does alter environments with patchs and xpacs and GW2 has world events can manipulate the surroundings. I am imagining this concept taken to an extreme level. One where the actions of players and their guilds will shaped the layout of the Titan world to the point where individual servers are nothing alike.

Using Warcraft as a template, imagine playing on a server where Stormwind was destroyed by Deathwing; a server where the Scourge retake the Undercity; a server where Hillsbrad is still under Alliance control. I know they were time consuming, but events like the opening of AQ made you really feel like you were a part of a community. I think the next gen of MMO needs to make the environment and server just as much of a living, changing entity as the player himself/herself.

Maybe, "Titan" means that we will play as the god-like toons who shape the world around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonnau View Post
    Maybe, "Titan" means that we will play as the god-like toons who shape the world around us.
    Act raiser online!!!

But I think we should probably stick to what blizzungie has said. This is probably a 3rd person shooter mmo, aimed at casual play, that takes place in the destiny universe.

:P

Watch it happen.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Act raiser online!!!

But I think we should probably stick to what blizzungie has said. This is probably a 3rd person shooter mmo, aimed at casual play, that takes place in the destiny universe.

:P

Watch it happen.
    http://titanfocus.info/_/news/top-5-...-far-r26#franc
    Read #4 "With Broad Appeal". It talks about what you're saying.

Also, can we please post this when someone says Destiny = Titan?
    http://titanfocus.info/_/news/forget...tan-mmorpg-r49
    A snapshot of the quarterly report which specifies Bungie's new IP and separately Blizz's new MMORPG.
    Last edited by link4117; 2013-03-03 at 05:35 AM.

I can tell you that if this turns out to be an MMOFPS, I will have zero interest in it. Still crossing fingers for Diablo MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why has nobody mentioned this?

Titan, The Fighting Fantasy World
    Map of Titan

Titan was a world created in the 1980's by two guys called Steve Jackson and Ian Livingsone and set in a series of books for children. I was a huge fan and have the whole collection in my cellar. Today, both authors are now Computer game developers and both of them have received CBE's for their work AND both of them have WORKED FOR ACTIVISION in the past.

Could these guys be working in conjunction with Blizzard and Activision to bring this world to life??? I know it's another Fantasy world, but it would be a damn fine one.
    Last edited by Scrooloose; 2013-03-07 at 10:13 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooloose View Post

Titan, The Fighting Fantasy World
    Map of Titan

Titan was a world created in the 1980's by two guys called Steve Jackson and Ian Livingsone and set in a series of books for children. I was a huge fan and have the whole collection in my cellar. Today, both authors are now Computer game developers and both of them have received CBE's for their work AND both of them have WORKED FOR ACTIVISION in the past.

Could these guys be working in conjunction with Blizzard and Activision to bring this world to life??? I know it's another Fantasy world, but it would be a damn fine one.
    there could be a link but i don't think so

blizzard start working on titan before the merge with activision, so it's unlikely they could have contact with those authors.
    beside, titan is so common and used term, it just could be anything.
    Finally, Titan is an internal code name, not necessary the final name of the game, though it became so popular nowaday that blizzard could probably bank on that name

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrooloose View Post
    Probably because we already have confirmed information that it's going to have current product advertising integrated into the game, which means that it can't be set in some non current, fantasy world. Unless you think they are just going to slap electronic billboards in the middle of a fantasy world, akin to having a McDonald's commercial play inside of the Stormwind Bank.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Probably because we already have confirmed information that it's going to have current product advertising integrated into the game
    As in like Anarchy Online does?

Sorry didnt know this, thanks for ruining my speculation!!!! :'( ......lol