View Poll Results: Would you play a pokemon based mmo?

Voters
198. This poll is closed
  • Yes

137 69.19%
  • No

30 15.15%
  • Possibly

31 15.66%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Would you play a Pokemon MMO

Title says it all would you play a pokemon based mmo whether it be a pc exclusive wii u wii or what not. Obviously it would be a more pvp based mmo but at the same time a full open world with all the regions and quests and what not to get items or that increase stats and what not and pokemon mounts and all kinds of other cool things. I'd like to start by saying I think it would be cool.

Edit: This is talking about a full on 3d world built on next gen or at least new gen equipment.
    Last edited by demonskies; 2013-01-05 at 12:46 AM.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Didn't Blizz sort of already do that with the pet battles thing in MoP?

Deleted
    It'd have so much potential, but as long as all rights belong to Nintendo and they stick producing for handhelds I dont see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    No. Its nothing like the real Pokemon.

Deleted
    Absolutely!

Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can there be a "FUCK YES" option on the poll? Because that's the first thing I thought when I saw the title.

If it was made by game freak/nintendo then absolutely. Skelington has wanted one for a long time.

While wow added a pokemon like game to the main game its more of a side show attraction and not near as robust as a full on pokemon mmo could be.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Google "Pokemon World Online".

As for the poll: Yes, a fully fledged pokemon MMO would be bad-arse.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    http://pokemmo.eu
    Been stuck to this for the past couple of months. It's amazing and you make some good friends on there too.

15+ Year Old Account
    posters above me beat me to it

Yes, I would love this.

Sadly nintendo/gamefreak absolutely refuses to break from their mold as far as pokemon games go, mostly because they make millions rehashing the same thing every few years.

Even when I was 8 years old playing red/blue, I figured they'd find a way to make the game less about power levelling the fire/water/grass starter 20 levels higher than everything and stomping throug the game. 15 years later still the same thing.

"Why mess with success" is basically the pokemon slogan.

Ive seen the small end ones like listed above but im talking a full fledged 3d world mmo with new generation graphics rather than an old school graphics.

Only if it only has the original 151 Pokemon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhuki View Post
    If it was going to be an MMO it would make sense to have every Pokemon in it, not just the originals.

10+ Year Old Account
    it doesn't even have to be an MMO just multiplayer with all regions/pokemon catchable(even legendaries) ... and for PC...

Yeah Im not the biggest fan of the newest gen pokemons but maybe see the first couple regions to start off with then a full fledged expansions with other regions would be amazing.

voted yes, but ONLY if it's free roam. NOT like the pokemon games for gamecube either, even though they were good games, it should be like wow free roam. and you should be able to have your pokemon out with you. oh, and (jackie chan's uncle's voice activate!) one moar thing! the pokemon need to be actual size, not like all the same size while following you around.

Deleted
    No, part of the reason I enjoyed the pokemon series was because of the way the game was played. Changing it into an MMO would only make me play for 1 hour just to satisfy curiosity and that would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuki View Post
    The games typically include the original 151 alongside the rest of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I want to be THE Pokémon Master, not just one of the crowd.