Page 1 of 11
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Question Bias against Freebs

    Anyone else notice that once the conversation turns to your sub status and you say you're a freeb the subscribers turn into elitist dicks. It's happened when I've grouped on planetary missions and in some warzones. Am I the only one this has happened to?

  2. #2
    Yup.

    The swtor community is so anti F2P it's disgusting.
    The swtor dev team isn't pro F2P either. You can tell because they want to charge you double for the same content because your money isn't worth as much as a subscribers.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    I'm embarassed for them. There are lots who rightly don't care about your account status. Unfortunately there are too many that give the rest of us a bad name by being discriminatory. It's a pity.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  4. #4
    I crack up when they complain about how they never win in WZ's because of F2P.

    I then post or tell them that F2P's can only do 5 WZ's which is about an hour a week, then I ask how do they suck the other 20+ hours a week they play? It shuts them up quick.

  5. #5
    Haven't experienced anything like that yet. Then again, I'm only leveling up my first character and there's tons of other F2P players running around all over story planets doing all the stuff and looking for groups/players so

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    Anyone else notice that once the conversation turns to your sub status and you say you're a freeb the subscribers turn into elitist dicks. It's happened when I've grouped on planetary missions and in some warzones. Am I the only one this has happened to?
    Yes lots of times.

    Many will defend swtors change to F2P with thier lives but then turn around and call freebs moochers.

    It dosn't help that the game treats F2P players like crap either being locked out of about everything you possibly can be.

  7. #7
    Sadly, yeah. I've met some great players while playing who are super friendly and helpful, but (anecdotal) the vast majority in general chat and that I've come across loathe free players.

    I've never seen a community so bent on keeping out new players and harming the health of their game. It really blows my mind.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I've never seen a community so bent on keeping out new players and harming the health of their game. It really blows my mind.
    This.
    Between the shit communication, the shit model, and the shit treatment of new players... I have serious concerns about swtor's future.

    I mean, it already has mythics life support MMO coma team.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This.
    Between the shit communication, the shit model, and the shit treatment of new players... I have serious concerns about swtor's future.

    I mean, it already has mythics life support MMO coma team.
    Looks like I picked "perfect" time to jump in lol

  10. #10
    Yeah, saw it in general chat when I gave it a try. It was all quiet then someone asked about whether it was worth paying a fee, then the fighting started..

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    Looks like I picked "perfect" time to jump in lol
    At least you didn't buy the game box lol............

    edit: but don't worry about it. Its star wars. It will end when they feel like ending it because some people will pay no matter what
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    At least you didn't buy the game box lol............

    edit: but don't worry about it. Its star wars. It will end when they feel like ending it because some people will pay no matter what
    I don't mind buying a box at all, the amount of content in the game fully deserves it IMO. It's just that it's better deal for me to buy some Coins and get some of the specific unlocks I want which will automatically give me PSP status. At least that's what I think. Are there any other benefits from buying the box at this point?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    I don't mind buying a box at all, the amount of content in the game fully deserves it IMO. It's just that it's better deal for me to buy some Coins and get some of the specific unlocks I want which will automatically give me PSP status. At least that's what I think. Are there any other benefits from buying the box at this point?
    There is no more box.

    If you paid 60 to 150 dollars you got a 5 dollar status.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    There is no more box.

    If you paid 60 to 150 dollars you got a 5 dollar status.
    I can still buy boxes in my country (they're selling them super cheap obviously)

    But anyway, in that case, Coins for me ;P

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    Looks like I picked "perfect" time to jump in lol
    Actually, I think it is. Level to 50, experience the story, and decide from there.

    My viewpoint is that once you hit 50, there's no reason to really continue playing as a free player, but every reason to do so if you become a subscriber. If you find yourself enjoying the game, subscribe and get full access. But I can't really recommend it if you want to remain a free player.

    Basically I've found SWTOR to be a superb casual game for me to jump in an out of with no real attachment to the game overall. It's fun to play here and there, but I can't ever really see myself "getting into" it.

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    At least you didn't buy the game box lol............

    edit: but don't worry about it. Its star wars. It will end when they feel like ending it because some people will pay no matter what

    Im a avid Star Wars fan, but they won't be getting my money, unless this Makeb "expansion" is the next coming of god . I already let my subscription expire. Theres far better options right now available to spend 15 $ on.
    I'm tempted to even uninstall the game , as theres no way i can play the game with all the restrictions which im not used to having.
    And thats ok, i don't mind paying for one , provided its worth it. In MY opinion it isn't , and this latest State of the game #2 just further convinced me that i can no longer listen to that awful PR hoping 1/3 of it is true.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    Anyone else notice that once the conversation turns to your sub status and you say you're a freeb the subscribers turn into elitist dicks. It's happened when I've grouped on planetary missions and in some warzones. Am I the only one this has happened to?
    I've only seen it on occasion on general on Ebon Hawke. Usually when I'm grouped nobody bothers to ask me what my sub status is (preferred). Fleet on both sides aren't even as hostile as /general can be on leveling planets in my experience. Not sure why that is... I don't get into it with people, I just play my game. /shrug.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 05:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    At least you didn't buy the game box lol............

    edit: but don't worry about it. Its star wars. It will end when they feel like ending it because some people will pay no matter what
    I would have rather BW/EA gone the B2P route like GW2 and TSW than this shoddy iteration of f2p that we're getting. Game is not worth a sub to me because of my lack of playing time, but it's worth at least $50 to me if I can drop in and out of it without worrying about not getting value out of subbing.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Yup.

    The swtor community is so anti F2P it's disgusting.
    The swtor dev team isn't pro F2P either. You can tell because they want to charge you double for the same content because your money isn't worth as much as a subscribers.
    Thats what f2p is. What did you think it was going to be?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by chop0080 View Post
    Thats what f2p is. What did you think it was going to be?
    No. It's not what "f2p is".

    It's what people like you make it by expecting and accepting it as.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    No. It's not what "f2p is".

    It's what people like you make it by expecting and accepting it as.

    Any f2p Ive tried that was at a minimum decent was like this. Its the primary reason I didn't come back to swtor. They should've kept it sub cut the servers in half and given it more than 7 months before shitcanning it. Such potential and fun ruined by greed. Good luck in changing f2p to free subscription.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •