Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Buying a pizza and getting the wrong pizza doesn't entitle you to a refund or your product to be fixed. However, a company that refuses to fix the problem risks losing customers.
    But what if you buy the pizza and they never deliver it?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It went f2p nov 15 2012.

There is no more box price.
    There is. Check Origin for example. Buying the game (physical / digital) gets you PSP status and at least on Origin also 30-day subscription I think

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Well then the same thing is true about SWToR. I dont remember getting mine for free last December.
    No, it's not the same. When you bought it last December, you did so under the knowledge that the game would be a P2P service. Since then, BW has changed it to a F2P/Freemium hybrid model thing, kind of. When GW2 came out, it did so under the knowledge that the game would be a B2P service. You can't compare the two because they were two different business models from the start and continue to be two different business models. Now, BW could have gone the Funcom route and went P2P to B2P, but they didn't.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    There is. Check Origin for example. Buying the game (physical / digital) gets you PSP status and at least on Origin also 30-day subscription I think
    In reality, you're paying $15 for the subscription, not the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrus View Post
    You CAN do that if you feel like owning an actual box.

However, there is no actual price for the game. You can download it and play it without spending money and then apply a subscription later on if you like.

But what if you buy the pizza and they never deliver it?
    That's different because they just straight up stole your money. Considering the unlock problem isn't solely relegated to F2P and Preferred players, it is a much bigger problem. That's something that, if they don't fix or refund money/CC, they run the risk of being sued.

Deleted
    If the unlock cockup/bug isn't fixed during this tuesday's maintenance (8hr one) I'll join in with the rioting myself. I have no need for unlocks but I have an uber pitchfork and love any excuse to wield it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    If it wasn't legal, they wouldn't do it. Buying a pizza and getting the wrong pizza doesn't entitle you to a refund or your product to be fixed. However, a company that refuses to fix the problem risks losing customers.
    Hmm, i'm pretty sure i would get a refund or new pizza in every pizzeria i would go if i would want to. This is how customer service works in most modern western democracies.

Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    Hmm, i'm pretty sure i would get a refund or new pizza in every pizzeria i would go.
    There IS a reason EA was voted worst company in America by forbes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    I crack up when they complain about how they never win in WZ's because of F2P.

I then post or tell them that F2P's can only do 5 WZ's which is about an hour a week, then I ask how do they suck the other 20+ hours a week they play? It shuts them up quick.
    Unless they've purchased a free pass that lets them do unlimited warzones for an entire week, which puts a bullet through your logic. (Then again, they aren't truly playing for 'free' if they do, but I doubt the playerbase is that picky)
    I can agree with people that the quality of PvP has notably gone down since the launch of F2P, but that is always to be expected when there's a large influx of new players.

Some people are just silly and seem to actually believe that subscribing magically gives you more skill.
    Personally I'm not a fan of F2P-people, but I don't go yell about it like some others do.
    Last edited by mmocfd8dce4bf2; 2013-01-05 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Well.. sorry to say but f2p are earning their "epic" reputation, at least on some realms I've checked. Three general examples:

- entering warzones in green shit, NO idea about whats going on, brainless activity, no listening to more experienced players (I do not mean myself, but for example full EWH gear + 90+ Valor). Sry but when I see player in GREENS entering Wz (where you get recruit for free, which mean someone do not know how to deliver quest which is 2 meters away...) I rly rly wish there was friendly fire so I could end that persons misery earlier than enemies:P
    - gathering group for heroic 2,4 when they are in the middle of it, making their own quest done then "sry i have to go" -quit (NEVER happened with subbers for me).
    - "I am idiot, deal with it" playstyle - no offence but seriously, most f2p people act as if f2p give them some magical "dumb" title and everyone should bow before, help, explain, stroke them and they do not need to do a shit cause they are f2p players... no, sry if you act like an idiot do not expect people to treat you otherwise...

Generaly speaking, fromy my point of view (and it's only mine point I do not treat is as an absolute) after f2p general level of playstyle has greatly felt down, many ,many,MANY utterly bad players making mentioned mistakes.. so f2p-ers, if you want to be treated differently than now - earn it, do not demand it..

PS. I am rly, newbie tolerative... everyone has a limit though

Quote Originally Posted by Dollirllan View Post
    Well.. sorry to say but f2p are earning their "epic" reputation, at least on some realms I've checked. Three general examples:

- entering warzones in green shit, NO idea about whats going on, brainless activity, no listening to more experienced players (I do not mean myself, but for example full EWH gear + 90+ Valor). Sry but when I see player in GREENS entering Wz (where you get recruit for free, which mean someone do not know how to deliver quest which is 2 meters away...) I rly rly wish there was friendly fire so I could end that persons misery earlier than enemies:P
    - gathering group for heroic 2,4 when they are in the middle of it, making their own quest done then "sry i have to go" -quit (NEVER happened with subbers for me).
    - "I am idiot, deal with it" playstyle - no offence but seriously, most f2p people act as if f2p give them some magical "dumb" title and everyone should bow before, help, explain, stroke them and they do not need to do a shit cause they are f2p players... no, sry if you act like an idiot do not expect people to treat you otherwise...
    Sounds like most PUGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    Hmm, i'm pretty sure i would get a refund or new pizza in every pizzeria i would go if i would want to. This is how customer service works in most modern western democracies.
    Yes, you likely would, however, that doesn't mean that you're entitled to it. Whether or not you receive something is not the same as whether or not you're entitled to it. You're arguing that it's illegal, meaning you're entitled to it. I'm saying that you're not entitled and it's not illegal. Not whether or not it should be a sound business practice.

But going based off of your statement, I'm pretty sure if you picked up any F2P game and were a F2P player, you wouldn't get customer service. Even if you bought something, you'd still receive minimal customer service. See? It works both ways.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 03:12 PM ----------

Generaly speaking, fromy my point of view (and it's only mine point I do not treat is as an absolute) after f2p general level of playstyle has greatly felt down, many ,many,MANY utterly bad players making mentioned mistakes.. so f2p-ers, if you want to be treated differently than now - earn it, do not demand it..

Hmmm, never played WoW, huh? Guess what. It's common whether the game is F2P or P2P. Many times people don't listen or are only in it for themselves. Whether or not they pay a subscription has zero to do with it.

Deleted
    I played WoW for like 4 years And i cannot agree that paying has nothing to do. Sub is a filter: It's less likely the player I spoke before will enter the game he has to pay for, that the game he does not have to pay.. I'd have to chose to play crappy, make an idiot of myself and such and pay for it or not to pay the choice is obvious. At least that is how I observed it in my like 8 years mmo experience. But as i told, this is only my observations.

F2P and Preferred do NOT get Recruit PVP gear for free. You need to purchase it with credits. The quest that gives the gear for free is ONLY available for a Subscriber.

F2P cannot use Epic level gear, some of the green gear is the best they can get.

There is a LOT of new people playing. When they are F2P, there really is now way for them to learn. Limited chat capabilities in game, and you cannot post questions on the forums. Even the WOW level 20 free trial gives access to post in the new player forums.

Sure, you can buy a weekly pass. What for though? You can't equip any of the epic level gear. So whats the point. I am curious what the sales numbers are for them. If you are going to spend $10 a month for WZ passes, you need your brain examined because you're a moron. You're better off then just paying the extra $5 a month for full access.

I've seen more idiots that are subscribers playing tbh. Before F2P: people running the ball the wrong way in Huttball, wrong gear itemization, no pvp gear, etc.

I played WoW for like 4 years And i cannot agree that paying has nothing to do. Sub is a filter: It's less likely the player I spoke before will enter the game he has to pay for, that the game he does not have to pay.. I'd have to chose to play crappy, make an idiot of myself and such and pay for it or not to pay the choice is obvious. At least that is how I observed it in my like 8 years mmo experience. But as i told, this is only my observations.
    I've played WoW, off and on, for 6 years and what I said is absolutely true. First we can bring up the people who camp BGs for Honor while doing nothing. Second, I don't know how many times somebody has said "Cap 3 bases" or "BS, LM, ST" and had 5 people head to the middle for the flag or 5 people head to the mine. I can't even remotely tell you how many times I've watched as 5 players fight 2 enemies in the middle of WSG while the other 8 are capping the flag and killing the flag carrier. That doesn't include TOR. The example ariakul brought up is 100% accurate. I've watched players run the wrong way in Huttball or just keep getting blown up without passing the ball. Or the 1 or 2 guys who play Kamikaze in the middle base of Civil War. Or, one of my favorites, 3 players defending a base in Civil War while down by 150-200 points. Mind you, I have logged into TOR for a total of about 10 minutes since late July so all of these experiences come when there was no such thing as a "F2P player".

And just because it's less likely that a player will pay for a sub as opposed to not pay doesn't mean that player is a better player. It may be a filter, but it's not a filter for quality of play. That's like saying someone who buys a Ferrari is more likely to be a better driver because the high price tag is a filter. In reality, it just means that's what somebody chose to spend their disposable income on.

Deleted
    snip
    As long as people don't play the way you post, we're fine. And there's still ranked warzones for gifted young videogame artists like you.

Well, everything here can be lifted without a subscription.
    Also, there is no limit on the number of FPs you can do.
    Character limit cannot be lifted without a subscription.
    There were also several other things on this list that can in no way be lifted without a subscription.

Even the things you can "buy with credits" are nearly impossible since just about every greedy person on the GTN sells them above the credit limit (which is one of those things that cannot be lifted)

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Well then the same thing is true about SWToR. I dont remember getting mine for free last December.
    Yea I certainly payed a whole $60 and several months subscription. I got preferred status yes, but it still pales in comparison to the freedom I would of gotten with GW for the same price.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I wouldn't say it was the majority at all. I play in the late evenings and it's a handful of players in general chat or a few tools in FP runs. It exists but a 'majority' is a stretch too far imo. I'd say the majority want the game to succeed and are happy for the faster queues due to the F2P influx.

Besides I thought you wrote yesterday that you hadn't logged in in weeks? I know things were more heated 6 weeks ago when F2P launched but recently the animosity has died down a lot imo. Don't get me wrong, people still act up.
    Yea I wouldn't say its a majority but it is certainly one of those very vocal minorities.

Just like all those people who I swear would sacrifice thier lives then admit that the F2P experience/game is terrible. Can't complain even one bit about the preposterous amounts of restrictions without some jerk going "Well then play another game if you hate it so much"

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    As long as people don't play the way you post, we're fine.
    Bazinga.

/10chars

Doesn't really surprise me, sounds about like what happened with the SWG player base. A rather large part of the player base got really hateful when people started leaving for other games because the SWG Devs just weren't delivering. Some how the players leaving were blamed for abandoning the community and it turned into a very Us vs Them mentality. Seemed like every poor update or patch that ran people off made it worse.

Obviously not everyone was like that, some people were happy to see you come back, but I can remember going back several times to my old server to only be given the cold shoulder. Right after the NGE it was really bad.

Some people will always find reasons to slag others off. Gear, achievements, nationality... you name it. Subscription status is just another excuse