Page 32 of 97 FirstFirst ...
22
30
31
32
33
34
42
82
... LastLast
  1. #621
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    But then... what will happen to this:
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  2. #622
    Stood in the Fire lucizanito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Team Rocket was also the only ones who were using genetic engineering on Pokemon (hence Mewtwo). Maybe not exactly a 'crazy eugenics cult' but close. They were interested in acquiring (though any means necessary including theft) the strongest Pokemon.
    Team Plasma is responsible for Genesect which would be the only other genetically modified pokemon besides Mewtwo. I'd say if they're going with a theme of DNA and chromosomes here then a villainous team or two teams representing each gender would do well. A team of women trying to get rid of all males including male Pokemon and vice-versa.

  3. #623
    I can't even tell you how perfect a new Pokémon Snap game would be for the Wii U with its gamepad.

    OnT: I really, really hope the Water starting pokémon isn't half fighting. It's my least favorite type. >.> Seems like I'm about to get my hopes crushed though. Oh well.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

  4. #624
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    I can't even tell you how perfect a new Pokémon Snap game would be for the Wii U with its gamepad.

    OnT: I really, really hope the Water starting pokémon isn't half fighting. It's my least favorite type. >.> Seems like I'm about to get my hopes crushed though. Oh well.
    I'd get real sad if the fire one is yet another fighting, It be nice with something else for a change.

    But then I'm not into fighting Pokémons at all really.

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Team Rocket was also the only ones who were using genetic engineering on Pokemon (hence Mewtwo). Maybe not exactly a 'crazy eugenics cult' but close. They were interested in acquiring (though any means necessary including theft) the strongest Pokemon.
    ingame it wasnt team rocket who created mewtwo that was all anime stuff.

    in the games mewtwo was a pokemon mew gave birth to after scientists in cinnabar did a bunch of experiements on it trying to make it even stronger than it was before
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  6. #626
    The Lightbringer Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I read the story teaser of platinum some time ago and wasnt really impressed. I usually dont like alternate worlds stories.
    It's not really an alternate world/dimension story. You just go there as the second-to-last "dungeon" and fight the legendary there. Then you back out never to see the place again.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  7. #627
    Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Team Plasma is responsible for Genesect which would be the only other genetically modified pokemon besides Mewtwo. I'd say if they're going with a theme of DNA and chromosomes here then a villainous team or two teams representing each gender would do well. A team of women trying to get rid of all males including male Pokemon and vice-versa.
    That will never happen.

    That could be seen as promoting genre violence and Nintendo will always stay away from even getting close to be involved in things like that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 08:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    It's not really an alternate world/dimension story. You just go there as the second-to-last "dungeon" and fight the legendary there. Then you back out never to see the place again.
    Gameplay might not happen always in the alternate world, but the story, from what i read, is an alternate world one, or did i read wrong?

  8. #628
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    That could be seen as promoting genre violence and Nintendo will always stay away from even getting close to be involved in things
    Really? Zelda would like a word with you.


  9. #629
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    The second link tells me i dont have permissions. The first link shows nothing relevant.

  10. #630
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    The second link tells me i dont have permissions. The first link shows nothing relevant.
    Basically it was the torture device in Shadow Temple with the blood spatters underneath it.

    http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Bottom_of_the_Well
    http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Temple

    ^ Both have very violent and dark implications.

    Also Ganondorf getting stabbed in the head, and stabbed in the chest while Zant snaps his neck in TP.


  11. #631
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Basically it was the torture device in Shadow Temple with the blood spatters underneath it.

    http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Bottom_of_the_Well
    http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Temple

    ^ Both have very violent and dark implications.

    Also Ganondorf getting stabbed in the head, and stabbed in the chest while Zant snaps his neck in TP.
    That has nothing to do with what i said.

    I was talking about nintendo being unlikely to be even close to be categorized (even unfairly) as promoting genre violence.

    It was probably my fault, i could have word it very bad.

  12. #632
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    That has nothing to do with what i said.

    I was talking about nintendo being unlikely to be even close to be categorized (even unfairly) as promoting genre violence.

    It was probably my fault, i could have word it very bad.
    I think you mean gender violence :P

  13. #633
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    I think you mean gender violence :P
    yeah gender and genre are very different

  14. #634
    Stood in the Fire lucizanito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    That has nothing to do with what i said.

    I was talking about nintendo being unlikely to be even close to be categorized (even unfairly) as promoting genre violence.

    It was probably my fault, i could have word it very bad.
    Nintendo created a team that wanted to commit omnicide. I think that's a step above just poking fun at men and women's rights groups.

  15. #635
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    That has nothing to do with what i said.

    I was talking about nintendo being unlikely to be even close to be categorized (even unfairly) as promoting genre violence.

    It was probably my fault, i could have word it very bad.
    Oh, duh. It's probably my fault, I tend to over look things sometimes when reading posts.


  16. #636
    Herald of the Titans -Ethos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,646
    IIRC there was an anime episode that pitted Ash and James against Jessie and May, and the episode was banned in several countries for depicting a "Battle of the Sexes".


    edit: Found it http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/AG072

  17. #637
    Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Nintendo created a team that wanted to commit omnicide. I think that's a step above just poking fun at men and women's rights groups.
    eh it just doesnt feel very compelling to me.

    you know what might be interesting? one group that wants to make everyone immortal with a life giving pokemon. and one person who wants to kill all people (or pokemon if thats to graphic for a kids game) with a pokemon of death.

    could be all about population and stuff like too many people = no room and food and stuff. too little people and pokemon can nolonger unlock their true potiential or somethin
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #638
    Think nintendo will finally remove the old pokemon calls and let them actually say their name now?

  19. #639
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Think nintendo will finally remove the old pokemon calls and let them actually say their name now?
    its possible. i dont really know which one id prefer. the calls seem more realistic though
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #640
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Think nintendo will finally remove the old pokemon calls and let them actually say their name now?
    I like the calls better. :<

    I wonder if they'll update the older ones, I kind of doubt it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •