Page 3 of 97 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    O I clearly have no idea what is an MMO.
    Glad we've reached an understanding.

Guys, please drop the passive aggressive arguing. It's unnecessary.

When half of the people in this thread are hoping for some sort of remake, it's no wonder why Gamefreak (or whoever runs Pokemon these days) doesn't innovate.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

It does seem a little early for Gen 6, but I really hope they do announce it. 3rd is my absolute favourite generation, and that's exactly why I don't want remakes right now. I don't want Pokemon to be stuck on the DS any longer than it has to be, and I especially don't want Hoenn stuck on it. I want to see it in glorious 3D. I'd take another Pokepark game over Hoenn right now.

And if we are going back to Hoenn, I think it would be cool if it was a sequel instead of a remake. Continuing the story of the originals, like B/W2 did. The chances of that happening aren't very high though.

So anyway, it would make my day if it was Gen 6. Or Snap on the Wii U, I'd be happy with that too.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2013-01-05 at 04:28 AM.

Nintendo hasn't released a game presenting the orange league :c

The biggest problem with a Pokémon MMO is that while the potential for awesome is nigh infinite, it would also be incredibly easy to screw up and instantly crush everyone's dreams forever. It's probably better that we all just dream about it's potential rather than actually hoping it comes. I'd love an MMO as must as anyone but I'm afraid of what we might end up with if it ever actually happened.

Unrelated, am I the only one who didn't like Gen 3 that much? It wasn't bad, but it's definitely on the bottom of my list. (IMO 2>1>4>5>3)

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    The biggest problem with a Pokémon MMO is that while the potential for awesome is nigh infinite, it would also be incredibly easy to screw up and instantly crush everyone's dreams forever. It's probably better that we all just dream about it's potential rather than actually hoping it comes. I'd love an MMO as must as anyone but I'm afraid of what we might end up with if it ever actually happened.

Unrelated, am I the only one who didn't like Gen 3 that much? It wasn't bad, but it's definitely on the bottom of my list. (IMO 2>1>4>5>3)
    Nope. From what I've seen, either you love Gen 3, or dislike it. A lot of people who play now started with it, and that seems to be the hook for most of the Gen 3 lovers. For me- and most people I know who played Gen 2 first- it was fun, but it was a huge disappointment seeing how many of the cool features in Gen 2 were dropped, especially returning to old regions (somewhat... understandable, considering the time and size issues, but very disappointing) and the time system (not so acceptable, even if it has to be more limited like in Gen 5). To be honest though, I'd probably rank Gen 4 last- to me, it was incredibly forgettable- I may have been disappointed by Gen 3, but at least I remember it.

My order would probably be 2>5>1(mostly nostalgia, but I don't care)>3>4.

Pokemon for the Wii-U or something? Even though I don't play the games, got a few friends that do, I'm always interested in "big news".

I hope it's not yet another NDS game... D: If they want to excite me it has to be something for 3DS or WiiU.
    I'm quite certain that it won't be anything like MMO/Moba/PCwhatever though.
    Worst case it's some downloadevent or a new movie...
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

If its anything nongame related gief adaption of http://myanimelist.net/manga/928/Pok%C3%A9mon_Special

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    When half of the people in this thread are hoping for some sort of remake, it's no wonder why Gamefreak (or whoever runs Pokemon these days) doesn't innovate.
    While I agree with you, it was always Gamefreak who made the Pokemon games.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I'd like a new RPG where they use Stadium style graphics for the battles. It's pathetic that the pokemon games still use fighting stickers when the hardware and software has evolved way beyond that. It could even be an option to turn it back to sticker mode for the purists, just make the fights a bit more dynamic looking with updated HD sprites of course.

i'm holding my hopes up for a pokemon game where you travel through all the regions and can battle all the elite four
    A wise man once said: "Does it matter what religion you are?
    we are here to connect each other people in the world ... through MUSIC"

Gen 6 inc. imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I admire your passion for your favorite character, but If I were you I'd hesitate before drawing parallels between self-perceived societal malaise and how nerds feel about a fictional blob of green pixels created in 2001 by a guy called Chris.

Hoping a Ruby/Sapphire Remake on 3DS with Colosseum/Stadium style Graphics and fights. It's possible with the power of the 3DS. Don't expect Generation 6 yet, and would be less excited for a new generation atm. As much as Gen 5 had some decent Pokemon, some of the designs were terrible. Generation 3 was and still is my favorite Pokemon Generation, I spent over 270 Hours on Sapphire alone. I have played all Generations, the only UK released version I've not owned are Black/White 2, White and SoulSilver.
    Seriously though, it better not be another third game (e.g Emerald, Platinum, Black/White 2). Hate them.

Also just noticed in support of a R/S Remake its 10 years now since the release of the original two games.
    Alliance - Shadowsong

Horde - Tarren-Mill
    Culmination - Nulo - Amissio - Dreadnought

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Remake doesn't mean they can't add new stuff.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

B/W2 are not like Yellow/Sapphire/Platin/Emerald. They are sequals to B/W, which wasnt made before with any Pokemon game.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

WTB skyrim level open world pokemon game :3
    Professor Membrane: anyone that would build a space/time object replacement device is a complete MORON "echo" Moron" "fadeing more" moron
    Invader Zim: GIR the space/time object replacement device is ready

I'm still waiting for a game that goes through all regions. A Hoenn remake would be awesome, being able to access other regions would be more than awesome, and I'd say a bit unrealistic expectation from me. An even more unrealistic expectation would be alternatives to trade-only evolutions and that kind of stuff. But a man can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I'm still waiting for a game that goes through all regions. A Hoenn remake would be awesome, being able to access other regions would be more than awesome, and I'd say a bit unrealistic expectation from me. An even more unrealistic expectation would be alternatives to trade-only evolutions and that kind of stuff. But a man can dream.
    Why unrealistic? I can fit in more than 50 DS games onto my SD card, such a Pokemon game wouldnt take much to make, since DS remakes of most gens exist already.